PDA

View Full Version : School? Glad or Sad?

fraud
2008-08-25, 12:58 AM
for some of you playgrounders school has begun, for others it starts later, for me it starts tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about wheter or not I'm glad or sad school is starting. I'm wondering what you playgrounders feel. Well I need to get bed, after all it is a school night:smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-25, 01:00 AM
For me it starts on tuesday.

New school, so I´m in a twist.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-25, 01:04 AM
I wish I was going back to school.
Really, don't take these years of your life for granted.

RTGoodman
2008-08-25, 01:06 AM

No kidding.

I graduated from college a year early and was sort of forced to take a year off before grad school (learned I was able to graduate long after the cut-off for Fall '08 admissions), and it SUCKS.

Basically, this is the first year since I was 3 years old that I haven't been ready to go back to school... :smallfrown:

BanjoTheClown
2008-08-25, 01:07 AM
Mine starts a week as of now. Im kinda glad since im going to a new school and my old school was pretty lame, but now i cant sleep in anymore.

:smallfrown:

MisterSaturnine
2008-08-25, 01:15 AM
Mine starts Tuesday as well. I'm looking forward to going to school again, but not looking forward to going to classes. Or waking up early. Or having to rush through the Audacity of Hope (assigned reading, which I'd prefer to just enjoy and read in short, leisurely spurts) and a physics assignment (and I'm no good at physics) tomorrow.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-25, 01:34 AM
Or next week´s tuesday. Dunno. *checks*

Jibar
2008-08-25, 01:44 AM
Eh. I got a week. Week and a bit before I started again.
I don't really mind though. It'll be nice to spend proper time with my friends again, and to actually have something to do during the day.
Not like I do anything much at school anyway, so it won't be much different to the holiday. :smalltongue:

DrowVampyre
2008-08-25, 01:44 AM
I start back Tuesday, and I...hate it. I hate my school, but I can't go to any others because I can't afford it and am almost done and such. I can't wait until I'm out...I never hated work as much as I hate school, and once I'm out I can look forward to moving...

de-trick
2008-08-25, 01:56 AM
wait schools on, dope well i guess summer had a good run, suxs tho, guess i get to see the people i havent seen in forever, and met a couple of randoms maybe, get licence soon, so should be fun, got some good buds,

ill got to check when i start, to late now,

Dragor
2008-08-25, 02:01 AM
I'm starting at college soon. I'm sad to leave almost all of my friends from school behind- except they're being replaced by my home education friends, who are starting at the same college as me. So it's all good, but I'm going to have to go through the routine "Where the hell is everything" at this huuuuge building.

The Extinguisher
2008-08-25, 02:02 AM
Glad. Great classes, great school, great friends.

Looking to be a pretty good last year of high school.

H. Zee
2008-08-25, 02:06 AM
I have... nine days left. On the one hand, I'm glad that I'll be seeing all my mates on a regular basis again. On the other hand, I'm sad, 'cos it's been months since I last had to sit through a lesson.

de-trick
2008-08-25, 02:10 AM
i figured it out sorta, got registation tues day then start on the 3rd, so ill get to see some peeps in like 2 days, but in the morning have to wake up at like 7 (got to look nice) then go for 9

Setra
2008-08-25, 02:10 AM
I've been going the entire time >.> Through summer

I've got Computer Software in about 15 hours.

Xeluu
2008-08-25, 02:13 AM
I started back up last Monday. Glad and sad.

Glad to have a more structured life again, but sad/annoyed at what it can and will do to my social life. (I'm a night person, and I've got friends who all either work or go to school in the morning, whereas I'm a night class person.)

SDF
2008-08-25, 03:55 AM
Back to college later this morning... well last week was my week off. The week before I finished my summer classes. Soa... School doesn't really ever end for me.

Shademan
2008-08-25, 04:02 AM
i SHOULD be more depressed bu school starting but hey! i have been attending here for three years soon and no one have tried to push me down the stairs, i have not gotten in a single fight, people are not rude and i havnt stabbed anyone with a pencil!
how can i not like this school?

yeah, the previous school was crap...

Klose_the_Sith
2008-08-25, 04:35 AM
Mines being going most of this year and it is the worst thing ever. People who say that school years are the best years make me want to kill myself at the idea of it not getting any better, but getting worse.

ghost_warlock
2008-08-25, 05:07 AM

+15! There are so many aspects of school I miss. Not necessarily grade school, but definitely college. Classes, social opportunities, new crushes, my old gaming group, all-nighters, even freaking homework and tests!

Being an "adult" and living in "the real world" sucks.

Eldred
2008-08-25, 05:12 AM
I'm back to college in two weeks time. I'm looking forward to it: I get to see all my friends again and I've got a whole bunch of trips to go on this year. I'm on an expedition next week for my induction day, where we have to travel to a certain location and then have to make our own shelter from scratch for the night.

I haven't even started my new course and I'm both dreading and loving the sound of it! :smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2008-08-25, 06:41 AM
+15! There are so many aspects of school I miss. Not necessarily grade school, but definitely college. Classes, social opportunities, new crushes, my old gaming group, all-nighters, even freaking homework and tests!

Being an "adult" and living in "the real world" sucks.

This is why I intend to never leave university.

Atomsized
2008-08-25, 08:37 AM
I'm going back to school in 3 days.....I'm kinda looking foward to it because i'll get to see my friends again. But then again, I really loathe sitting down for 7 hours.....unless i have Gym/P.E. that day.

Player_Zero
2008-08-25, 08:45 AM
I have another month until uni starts. Arr harr harr harr! :smalltongue:

I suppose I'm excited.

...Meh. I'll probably still be spending most of my time on the computer anyhow.

Telonius
2008-08-25, 08:47 AM
No longer in school, but the returning students will make my commute a little longer. Sad. :smallfrown:

Trog
2008-08-25, 08:49 AM
Glad! Less Day-care costs for me W00T!

TheBST
2008-08-25, 08:53 AM
Glad that I'm not there anymore that's for damn sure. I always thought people who enjoyed school were mentally unbalanced.

Semidi
2008-08-25, 09:03 AM
I'm love college, I'm happy to be going back.

But talk to me in a month and a half when we do midterms with 4 papers being due the same week, and I'll tell you a different story.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-25, 09:17 AM
Just confirmed it, got a full week of vacation left.

Tragic_Comedian
2008-08-25, 09:20 AM
I'm very sad. I go back tomorrow. It's not the work that's gonna get me down, it's the fact I won't be able to lay around the house all day singing folk songs. And I'm terrified of taking gym.

Zaggab
2008-08-25, 09:47 AM
For probably the first time ever, I am thoroughly glad to go back to school next Monday (September 1st).

Probably because I am out of the gymnasium and will be attending the university instead (studying medicine, which is awesome). I am absolutely thrilled about everything, but perhaps mostly about meeting new people, who are all geeky/smart/nerdy enough to make it into medschool.

black_Lizzard
2008-08-25, 09:54 AM
Started college last week, kinda sucks that i don't know anyone, but i like having 3 days a week with 2 classes and 2 days a week with 3. Doesn't hurt that it's going to be a really easy first semester.

Griever
2008-08-25, 10:24 AM
Just got out of my first College class (Calculus 3), definately different than High School, now, off to do homework!! :smallbiggrin:

de-trick
2008-08-25, 10:30 AM
my pros-see peeps ive only seen at a couple of partys who i never really got to know before that day( i knew them but we never really were friends)
-annoy teachers, yep( how bout singing to a song on a mp3 with my bud, having it on full blast, and just goofing around, even better tho we werent supose to have music in the class)
-sorry bout this but as a guy I'm obliged to say this new crop of girls to start a mutual friendship with
-see everyone almost every day
-dont have sister in school anymore(she graduated:smallbiggrin:) so i dont have to worry about makin a fool of myself (happens more than you think)
cons

-wake up at 7 to get ready..wait may not have too sister done school
-have to do school work, and homework
-lose freedom
-have to eat in caf(found a bandaid in my pizzabun last year:smallyuk:
-see people who id rather not see

Rare Pink Leech
2008-08-25, 11:14 AM
My classes start September 3, so I've got a bit of time left. I'm sad that my four month break is already pretty much over, and there are still some things I want to do that I won't be able to. I'm glad that I'll be getting back and seeing friends again, and that I have a bunch of great classes to be looking forward to. I'm sad that I'm going into my final year of university. I'm really sad that soon I'm going to have to make some hard decisions about where I go from here.

Castaras
2008-08-26, 02:30 AM
I got a while yet. Still got this week on holiday. Next week I go back to school sometime though. At least I can poke fun at my brother who goes to school a day earlier... :smallbiggrin:

Felixaar
2008-08-26, 02:41 AM
Hmmn... y'kno, I've been out of school over a year, had a full time job and am now travelling, so I'm going to have to tell y'all that those people who say to savor these years while they last clearly mean to do so cause any memory of high school must have been bashed out of their heads for them to think it was worth remembering...

I kid, I kid. But I'm seriously glad to be free.

Raiser Blade
2008-08-26, 11:03 PM
Glad because me school year is going ta be a breeze.

A breeze I say!

And I be resolvin' to be procrastinating less.

Flabbicus
2008-08-26, 11:07 PM
I get to meet all my roommates and fill up my dorm with nifty things this Saturday. But orientation doesn't start until the first week in September.

I'm looking forward to my freshman year of college, I'm just really nervous about the workload. Midterms and finals will probably sneak up on me.

Pocketa
2008-08-26, 11:56 PM
Starts tomorrow for everyone but me!

I'm going to Black Rock City instead!

Vaynor
2008-08-27, 12:27 AM
My school starts tomorrow, it'll be nice to see friends, but no more relaxing. : /

Ethrael
2008-08-27, 10:33 AM
Sad, almost definitely. Not only for reasons posted in the LGBT thread which you could probably guess anyways, but this year I'm gonna get loads of pressure and have to be working almost all the time. :smallfrown: Also, we have exams in the first term, and my scholarship, another matter of which I'm not happy for various other reasons, has finished so I'm gonna have to try hard again.

But there's the friends part, that'll be fun I guess. I'm trying to spend less time this year on the computer and more being my dad's definition of "social" but I have no idea how that's gonna turn out...

@V *wavies!*

Kaelaroth
2008-08-27, 11:52 AM
*waves at Ethrael*

Meh. The usual homophobia and overworking cocktail, mixed in with dormant (yet present) pressure from my delightful parents. Luvverly.

de-trick
2008-08-27, 12:15 PM
so I got my time table yesterday and i got, Socal Studies G11, Applied MathGr 11 and Bio Gr11, for first term, in second term I got LA G11, Foods, Current topics in science G11, and a spare for last period all year, I also have a noon hour weight room class that goes in both terms, but I think Im gonna drop it, or switch it with one of my spares,

If i just drop it i have to take 2 gyms next year, unless i do gym outside of school, but i would need to talk to my gym teacher about that

Last_resort_33
2008-08-27, 12:58 PM
I'm glad...

I'm glad that I have not stepped foot in a school for 5 years and I never will again unless I have no choice but to put my offspring through that soul crushing ordeal.

zeratul
2008-08-27, 01:01 PM
I'm glad...

I'm glad that I have not stepped foot in a school for 5 years and I never will again unless I have no choice but to put my offspring through that soul crushing ordeal.

Not cool bro, not cool :smalltongue:.

Right now, I have mixed feelings on going back, I know I'll hate it again a few weeks in, but I'm getting bored of summer.

Last_resort_33
2008-08-27, 01:11 PM
Why not cool? I'm 22 and finished school 5 years ago, even went to a university. University is good, school is bad. If I have any way of homeschooling my kids to a reasonable standard then I will use it.

School is hell and full of hellish people with demons (poorly) ruling over them, all of them victimising anyone who does not fit into their idea of what a teenager should be.

(If you haven't noticed, then I will tell you that I have strong feelings about the schools system)

TRM
2008-08-27, 01:30 PM
I'm glad.

I get bored during the summer without classes and, since I'm homeschooled, I don't have to deal with the terribleness of high schools—I just get the fun part of taking delightful classes. *starts counting down days until his first class starts*

Pyro
2008-08-27, 03:14 PM
I'm halfway through my third week of school already and I can say I'm fairly glad to be back. Summer was boring me a little, but I always feel it's too short for some reason.

Anyway I'm on a harsher schedule than what I had last year, so I'm bleh about that aspect. My high school isn't the district one, but a magnet about a 40 minute bus ride away (includes waking up at 6:30 and bed at 10:30). Contrast this with my middle school routine which included waking up at 8 and taking a 15 minute walk through the woods at 8:30.

So yeah besides schedule, new friends, new school, new everything. I can't say I'm loving it, but it's kinda exciting to do something completely different, especially once I got to know a few people.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-08-28, 12:56 AM
A friend of mine is trying to convince me to join his frat...

That's one of the more positive things about this year (the negative being two stats courses disguised as psychology and another stats course not disguised as anything, and also having to work 3-4 days a week during school...).

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-28, 09:01 PM
Ugh... School's starting next wensday, and for me it's a new school, and I'll be there for one year, tops..

And no more sleeping in.... hmm... I'am sad about it..:smallfrown:

EndlessWrath
2008-08-28, 09:18 PM
Monday for me. although our first football game is tomorrow. Yay for me I'm in the band! -_-''

As for school starting. I'm completely stoked. with 7 periods a day. I got 4 electives. 3 of which are theater and 1 band. How's that for a senior year? (rhetorical. I already know its gonna be awesome!)

I'm really sad though. Its my last year in high school and I'm really sad. I know it's just another thing. but I've just been hit with the "this is your last year."
I'll never see most of these people ever again...
So I'm stoked on having an awesome last year. go out with a bang huh? For all of you still going to high school and having a few years left... Don't question whether you should go try for something or not. Go for it. whatever it is. Don't regret it 5/10/20/40 years later. Don't be afraid of failing, just go for it.

Killersquid
2008-08-29, 08:44 PM
Just got to University today. Not telling, but will give you a hint: its in Jersey :smalltongue:. I am happy to be on my own away from my parents, but nervous in this new setting.

Kool-Aid
2008-08-30, 01:13 AM
I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!!!!(Says Kool-aid as his parents make him.)

Every year is the same exact thing, I'm late by about 5 minutes, the teacher says it's alright because it's my first day. I am then late to every class, because it's in some super-secret hidden room that's hard to find, seriously it's like down the yellow-brick road, past the shrine of the silver monkey and over Mount Doom.

After that as I walk through the halls at least one security gaurd will comment on something, might be my hair, might be my shirt, if it is the shirt not one guard will get the referance, my favorite has been "so you're from Khazakhstan? Where is that?"

At least one illiterate idiot will come up to me and start messing with me thinking he can get away with it, then I have to beat the crap out of him(which I don't like doing, I'm anti-violence). I then go to the mediator who asks why I didn't tell an adult (oh sorry I was busy getting punched in the face)dumbest. question. ever.

I will also get the rudest teachers in the building, you know the ones who are dangerously close to getting fired? I'm not exaggerrating either, I have been asked if I was on dope... Every rude teacher will ask if I'm sleeping, reminds me of Navi. You awake? yes. You awake? yes. YOU AWAKE? YES! Don't get rude with me.

Either way school starts Thursday, they've already messed up my schedule, but the best I can do is sit back with my friends, make the best of it and enjoy the ride as I let chaos unfold, just the way it should be.

EmeraldRose
2008-08-30, 08:46 AM
I'm not going back to school, and Andre is done as well.

However, our son will start Kindergarten on Tuesday :smallbiggrin: He can't wait! I think he's been lookin forward to it since like January....

de-trick
2008-08-30, 10:11 AM
Just thought to ask, how do you keep your binders clean, since I started using a binder, even a non-zippered kind, I end up making it a mess, and want to try and keep my binder clean and neat this year. Ny problem starts when you get a couple papers that ripe out of the eyelits,or when a teacher makes the class stay a bit after class to finish a problem, and you have to rush out to get food or drink or bathroom etc.

any tips to help me keep my binder clean and organized

Calvin33
2008-08-30, 02:23 PM
Just thought to ask, how do you keep your binders clean, since I started using a binder, even a non-zippered kind, I end up making it a mess, and want to try and keep my binder clean and neat this year. Ny problem starts when you get a couple papers that ripe out of the eyelits,or when a teacher makes the class stay a bit after class to finish a problem, and you have to rush out to get food or drink or bathroom etc.

any tips to help me keep my binder clean and organized

Use the side pockets, thats what I do.

School for me is fine but, waking up at 5:00 to get ready sucks.

Gem Flower
2008-08-31, 09:16 AM
SCHOOL!

Schoolschoolschoolschoolschoolschoolschoolschoolsc hoolschoolschoolSCHOOL!

As you probably figured out, I am greatly looking forward to school.:smallbiggrin:

Kjata
2008-09-01, 01:35 AM
Its okay.

REALLY looking forward to meeting up with my alcohol hookups again, i drank like 4 times over the summer and my liver is THIRSTY:smallamused:

shadowxknight
2008-09-01, 01:49 AM
*sigh*
school.

I'm glad to see my friends, but its not worth all that homework and junk I have to do :smallsigh:
And my classes are...unpleasant.
Who said senior year is going to be a breeze:smallannoyed:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-01, 11:46 PM
Today school again, noooo.
School.

Darnit! Why can't I lynch school and spend all my time on gitp? Why is the world so cruel? :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Don Julio Anejo
2008-09-01, 11:54 PM
School.

Darnit! Why can't I lynch school and spend all my time on gitp? Why is the world so cruel? :smallannoyed::smalltongue:
Do you want to talk about it? :biggrin:

celestialkin
2008-09-02, 08:49 PM
I was desperately looking forward to college starting up again in the hopes that it would relieve my maddening boredom. Sadly, it has not. I seem to be able to handle the work quite easily this semester, so 90-something% of my time is still free.

Thankfully I have found these forms, so I have a window open to it nearly 24/7, except when I need to let my Macbook cooldown.

School.

Funny. Spending most of your time on gitp is what I have been doing.

Meynolds
2008-09-02, 09:06 PM
I'm looking forward to it. When the teachers stop striking.