PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]Prestige Class: The Acrobat

Zeebiedeebie
2008-08-25, 03:47 AM
This is my first attempt at a homebrew class. I decided to post it up on Giantitp to see what all the playgrounders thought of it.

Acrobat

Description
Acrobats are nimble and strong. They don't do too well in combat, but when you need to leap over that chasm, climb up a cliff, or swing on a dead withered jungle vine over a lake of acid filled with calzone golems, the acrobat is your man.

Requirements
Skills: Climb 7 ranks, Escape artist 7 ranks, Jump 7 ranks, Preform(Acrobat) 8 ranks, tumble 8 ranks
Feats: Athletic, Dodge, Lightening reflexes

Class features

Class skills: Balance(Dex), Climb(Str), Escape artist(Dex), Jump(Str), Move silently(Dex), Preform(Acrobat), Swim(Str),Tumble(Dex)

{table=head]Level|Base attack bonus|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1st|+1|+0|+2|+0|AC bonus +1, Polevault, Dive
2nd|+1|+0|+3|+0|Uncanny Dodge, Sure acrobatics
3rd|+2|+1|+3|+1|Improved Evasion
4th|+2|+1|+4|+1|Initiative bonus +1
5th|+3|+1|+4|+1|AC bonus +2, Slow fall 20ft
6th|+3|+2|+5|+2|Agile soul
7th|+4|+2|+5|+2|Slow fall 40ft
8th|+4|+2|+6|+2|Initiative bonus +2
9th|+5|+3|+6|+3|AC bonus +3, Agile heart
10th|+5|+3|+7|+3|Dizzying Quickness[/table]

Hit Die: D6

Armor and weapon proficiency:
An acrobat is proficient with all simple weapons, all light martial weapons, plus the javelin and shortbow.

Polevault(Ex)
At 1st level, an acrobat wielding a quarterstaff, or holding a 10 foot pole gains a +5 bonus on jump checks made with a running start.

Dive(Ex)
At 1st level, an acrobat can ignore an armor check penalty to swim for light armor, or if not wearing any armor, gains a +5 bonus to swim checks made after diving at least 5 feet into water.

AC bonus
At 1st, 5th, and 9th levels, an acrobat gets +1,+2, and +3 to their dexterity bonus for the purpose of calculating Armor class. These stack. (I.E: At 9th level, the bonus is +6.)

Initiative bonus
At 4th and 8th level, an acrobat becomes so nimble that he reacts faster to situations. This gives him a +1 bonus to his initiative at 4th level, and a +2 to his initiative at 8th level. These bonuses stack. (See above.)

Agile soul(Su)
At 6th level, an acrobat becomes so agile that his agility comes from his very soul. He becomes immune to dexterity drain and damage, except from incorporeal undead and gloom golems, as well as anything that affects your soul.

Dizzying quickness(Su)
At 10th level, for a number of times per day equal to 5+the acrobat's dexterity modifier, an acrobat can take a full round action to move so fast that any creature that can see him must succeed on a will save (DC 10+the acrobat's dexterity modifier) or become dazzled for 1d4 rounds. Creatures that fail the save by 5 or more become dazzled for an additional 1d4 rounds. During this time, the acrobat moves up to 6 times his normal speed (Minimum 20 feet.), and is not subject to attacks of opportunity. He also gets +20 on jump checks to jump across chasms or gaps. After using this ability, the acrobat is stunned for 1 round, then fatigued until he rests for 1 minute, taking no action but catching his breath.

Agile heart(Su)
An acrobat at 9th level that reaches 0 dexterity dies as if they had reached 0 constitution. They are immune to constitution damage and drain from poison as long as their dexterity is above 13.

Sure acrobatics
An acrobat with 10 ranks in any acrobat class skill can take 10 on checks related to that skill even when threatened. However, if the acrobat fails this check, he takes a -2 morale penalty to attack rolls, checks, and saves, and cannot take 10 or 20 at all. This lasts until he is successful at any skill check.

Paragon Badger
2008-08-25, 04:34 AM
Been thinking of the Olympics lately? :smallbiggrin:

You could probably expand the AC bonus to apply to Balance, Climb, ect.

At 9th level, it would be as if you had skill focus in all of those 'mobility' skills.

Polevault is nice, though it seems lonely all by itself. :smalltongue: Perhaps a bonus to your swim speed if you're at least 10 feet above the surface of the water? :smallwink:

Agile soul seems almost supernatural in fluff. Might not be an extraordinary ability.

Zeebiedeebie
2008-08-25, 04:47 AM
I agree with you about agile soul being a supernatural ability. I will change that. I am not sure what you meant about the swim checks, though.

Paragon Badger
2008-08-25, 04:55 AM
I agree with you about agile soul being a supernatural ability. I will change that. I am not sure what you meant about the swim checks, though.

Errr, yes. That was rather vague.

I meant a dive. :smallwink:

vartan
2008-09-30, 08:57 PM
The Olympics or the ol' Dungeons and Dragons cartoon... Which one really inspired this? :smallsmile:

Zeta Kai
2008-10-01, 08:29 AM
Evasion should be removed. To enter this prestige class, you'd almost have to be a 5th-level Rogue, for the skill points necessary to join, if nothing else. Rogues get Evasion already, as their 2nd-level class feature, therefore obviating the need for Evasion here. Perhaps it could be replaced with Improved Evasion, while another ability was put into 7th level?

Zeebiedeebie
2008-11-15, 03:58 PM
Bump for edit. Took zeta Kai's advice. It has been a while, and I forgot to post the changes.

Pie Guy
2008-11-16, 06:31 PM
Why do you give them half BAB? Shouldn't they get 3/4, because to get to this level, you really need to be in a few fights.