PDA

View Full Version : Help (Pokemon Ruby)

Dhavaer
2008-08-25, 06:18 AM
I really, really like Aron. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many good places to train one at the level when they're catchable, what with the Fighting (eek 4x damage) and Lighting (eek tiny piddling Spec Defence) gyms being the next two after, not to mention a large amount of water pokemon. Please help me schedule a training regime for my little mecha-saur.

Setra
2008-08-25, 06:47 AM
If he's having trouble why not just put him in front and switch him out a lot?

If you've got a pokemon capable of it, doing it in gym battles tends to level up pokemon pretty well.

This is just standard stuff though, I'm sure you know this :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2008-08-25, 06:55 AM
If there's a nearby area with poison enemies, then Aron will be invulnerable to their STAB attacks and nearly immune to their Normal-type attacks...

Dhavaer
2008-08-25, 07:02 AM
This is just standard stuff though, I'm sure you know this :smalltongue:

I do know it, yes, it just seems that Ruby is set up rather poorly for little Aron, at least until Norman's gym, and I was hoping there was a patch of poison and normal-type pokemon hiding somewhere nearby that I hadn't found.

busterswd
2008-08-25, 07:21 AM
I had Sapphire but you could always go to that long fiery passage with poison, fire, and ground pokemon. But no, you will not find many good training grounds for that little bastard.

Dairun Cates
2008-08-25, 03:12 PM
I do know it, yes, it just seems that Ruby is set up rather poorly for little Aron, at least until Norman's gym, and I was hoping there was a patch of poison and normal-type pokemon hiding somewhere nearby that I hadn't found.

A LOT of pokemon get screwed over in that game. For instance, there's only like 4 pokemon in the entire game that are super effective against the Electric gym leader's magneton. One of them is Combusken, One is Hariyama (but he's slow and dies in 1 hit at an appropriate level), and the other two you can't get at that point if I remember correctly.

But yeah. Put him in front or exp share. Takes forever to get it to Aggron, but worth it with the right move set.

Triaxx
2008-08-25, 09:22 PM
And here I was about to give you the standard advice for Ruby, which is: Blizzard and hope it hits.

Breloom with Mach Punch will actually stop Magneton cold by the by.

First of all, you have to get one with Sturdy. Second, the lower area of the bike path, Petalburg Woods, both good places to train it. Paralysis doesn't bother it much since it's so slow as to be almost stopped already. The upside, is that it doesn't suffer from Pupitar stagnation. Lairon is still a valuable pokemon. Any area high in fliers if you give it a rock move is very good training, since it'll OHKO most of them. Wingull is the obvious exception.

Pair it with a Poocheyna, with Poochie in the top slot for it's Run Away for maximum effectiveness. Aron is tough enough to absorb hits from most things it's not weak too, and if it's weak to it, you can just Run Away.

Zeful
2008-08-28, 08:20 PM
It depends what you want to train for. If you want to improve Spec. Attack, go to the place where ash falls from the skies. Spec. Defense is the sunken ship, where you need dive to get further. Just throw on the Exp. Share and run through areas to improve your other Pokemon and keep Aron in the back. After you've buffed his stats just power level him in Victory Road/elite four/Pokenav opponents.

www.gamefaqs.com has good guides for this.