PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Bragging Thread

Wraithy
2008-08-25, 03:59 PM
I thought it would be nice to make a place where the playgrounders (starting with me :smallbiggrin:) can feed their egos and brag about something for no reason.
It could be anything from finding a shiny penny to getting a new Ferrari, as long as its something that happened to you or you found out about yourself which you want to brag about.

As for me:

Saw Patrick Stewart facepalm live on stage.

Found out my Verbal Comprehension score was 138 (top 1% for people my age)

Saithis Bladewing
2008-08-25, 04:01 PM
As an idiot and a failure, I have nothing worth bragging about. Sorry. :smallsigh:

Ego Slayer
2008-08-25, 04:06 PM
As an idiot and a failure, I have nothing worth bragging about. Sorry. :smallsigh:
Liez 'n slandarz! :smallfrown:

You could say you're better than Ego, at least? Would that make you feel better? No? :smalltongue:

An Enemy Spy
2008-08-25, 04:10 PM
I beat up Chuck Norris

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-25, 04:22 PM
*has nothing brag about*

:smallfrown:

d'Bwobsling
2008-08-25, 04:39 PM
I'm so cool, I'm measured in kelvin
:smalltongue:

Felixaar
2008-08-26, 01:23 AM
I graduated at the age of fifteen with a 99.7% average.

Bring it.

Nychta
2008-08-26, 02:05 AM
I'm happy! Because my new top is covered in fairy dust!

Castaras
2008-08-26, 02:31 AM
I'm happy because...

umm...

I'm Happy! :smallbiggrin:

potatocubed
2008-08-26, 07:02 AM
I have the best kettle in the world. It's like the offspring of kettle and UFO. :smallsmile:

Dhavaer
2008-08-26, 07:05 AM
I got a pay rise. No idea why, but I did.

Morty
2008-08-26, 07:16 AM
I'm one of the three best English speakers in my age category in the whole town. I've been on English linguistic contest on a regional level.
That's it, but that's something.:smallamused:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-26, 07:16 AM
<
<
<
<
<
Made by Ceika, the best, forever gratefull. Thenkies.
*brags*

Dhavaer
2008-08-26, 07:23 AM
<
<
<
<
<
Made by Ceika, the best, forever gratefull. Thenkies.
*brags*

Photobucket doesn't seem to be as appreciative. Maybe find a different image hoster?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-26, 07:26 AM
Weird, since lots of avatars are hosted on photobucket and seem fine.
*only has photobucket account*

*clueless*

*cries*

Dhavaer
2008-08-26, 07:28 AM
Weird, since lots of avatars are hosted on photobucket and seem fine.
*only has photobucket account*

*clueless*

*cries*

I suggest copy/pasting the url of your pic a couple of times in case something went wrong there. If not, try here (http://www.imagehosting.com/).

Tormsskull
2008-08-26, 07:30 AM
Ummm, I got an awesome new TV like 3 weeks ago (52" LCD), which I hooked my computer up to and now everything is HUGE.

I'm getting Direct TV on Friday and I will have all the NFL games to watch that I want.

And, my favorite, I showed my 50% complete novel to a friend, who showed it to one of their friends, and that person said it was one of the best they had read, and couldn't wait to read more. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-26, 07:31 AM
Yeah but its weird, since its fine on Ceika´s photobucket account.
And both Ceika and I can see it... Perhaps to much awesome was included?

*copy/pastes anyway*

Dhavaer
2008-08-26, 07:36 AM
Yeah but its weird, since its fine on Ceika´s photobucket account.
And both Ceika and I can see it... Perhaps to much awesome was included?

*copy/pastes anyway*

And it works. Nice. A bit blue for me, but I like the biscuit.

Thufir
2008-08-26, 07:43 AM
And it works. Nice. A bit blue for me, but I like the biscuit.

You mean cookie. He's the cookie-monster, after all. Also you can see the chocolate chips.

I don't like to brag- ohhh, who am I kidding? I love to brag! There was this one slayer, during the Boxer rebellion...

OK, seriously now, my vocal range is 3 octaves. More on a good day.

The Rose Dragon
2008-08-26, 07:46 AM
I graduated at the age of fifteen with a 99.7% average.

Bring it.

From college?

I feel stupid now.

Then again, I have an IQ of 60. I have every right to be stupid.

Manoftyr
2008-08-26, 07:57 AM
Ummm, bragging?...let's see, let's see...

I have a high genius IQ and a 4.0gpa?, that's something worth bragging rights I suppose :smallconfused:

Darth Mario
2008-08-26, 08:26 AM
My compositions have been performed by the cellist from Evanescence when I was 16. So ha.

Oh, video evidence: My composition (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2qrSczTcNRY) (he's sitting near the middle). Lithium (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6724m0sclJM), by Evanescence. He's farthest to the right.

Saithis Bladewing
2008-08-26, 08:30 AM
I can brag that the last time I tried to brag I was called a liar and made the people who did believe me feel bad?

TRM
2008-08-26, 08:31 AM
I make a mean chocolate muffin. And it's very healthy too because it is made with half whole-wheat flour. So I can eat it every day for breakfast? >__>

I'm also very good at knowing what is going on and what I should be doing; this has lead most of my peers to come upon the irrational belief that I always know what's going on and what to do about it. In reality, most of it is just not letting on that I don't know what the hell is going on, and figuring steps out as I go along.
So... that wasn't a very good brag, because it's nothing special. Ne'er mind, then.

Wraithy
2008-08-30, 07:28 AM
I'm returning to sixth form on Tuesday... oh wait, that's horrible :smallfrown:

Gem Flower
2008-08-30, 07:32 AM
I'm smarter than 99.9% of all people my age. No, seriously, that's a proven fact.:smallbiggrin:

Khanderas
2008-08-30, 08:17 AM
I'm smarter than 99.9% of all people my age. No, seriously, that's a proven fact.:smallbiggrin:
I am close to that claim.
Where I am, two main ways into universities, grades and a special test.
On that test, I last scored in the top 2%, and that is from the general public who would feel they are worthy of taking that test.

Now if I just could figure out how someone this smart does so stupid things sometimes :smallamused:

Only IQ test I did was on the internet, and by a company who sells complete tests (only did a partial, try-it-out thing) and diplomas, naturally I was a Genius there. But I don't take that serious and neither should you.

Thomas Madd
2008-08-30, 08:31 AM
I am a kick ass artist, in both my concepts and the crafting of the art objects as well.

Also, as another randomer brag. One of my D&D characters threw a red dragon. And he wasn't epic yet. Boo Ya!

SoD
2008-08-30, 08:43 AM
Also, as another randomer brag. One of my D&D characters threw a red dragon. And he wasn't epic yet. Boo Ya!

Simple.

1) play a goliath.
2) take improved grapple
3) find a red dragon wyrmling
4) unleash the gnomes
5) ???
6) profit.

My brag: went driving today, and it went perfectly. I followed the instructions of my father perfectly, especially the "If another car comes, indicate and pull onto the side of the road." but apparantly, he should've said: "If another car comes, indicate and pull onto the side of the road, after making sure that it is safe to do so, and you're not going to drive into a ditch and scratch the side of my car with a broken off tree branch." Oh well. Oh, and I'm awsome.

valadil
2008-08-30, 08:48 AM
Erm. I did a 45 minute IQ test in 10 minutes and got everything right.

I spent some time at an Olympic training center practicing archery. I still have the card that says I'm a potential Olympian and can demand an Olympic discount at certain restaurants. Never used it though, but it seems like a cool prop.

I wrote a comedy sketch in spanish (note that I wrote it in spanish, not wrote in english then translated to spanish), which totally stole the show (which included a writer for the Daily Show) even though most of the audience spoke no spanish.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-08-30, 09:13 AM
I'm cooler then you :smalltongue:

SurlySeraph
2008-08-30, 12:41 PM
Ooh, I get to brag? Cool!
I get a 2400 on the SAT.
I get 800s on 3 or 4 SAT IIs; the only one I took that I didn't get an 800 on was the one I got a 770 on.
I've gotten a 5 in every one of the 8 or 9 AP tests I've taken.
Oh, and next year (after my year off) I'm going to Harvard. I was originally going to go to Georgetown, but Harvard said they'd automatically accept me for the next year's class if I took a year off, so that's what I'm doing.
Know what makes that even better? My twin sister is going to Yale.

@V: Yep. She's awesome.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-30, 12:51 PM
Surly has a twin sister? :smallconfused:

I apparently creeped some people out(including dr. bath) with my new avatar! yay!

Oh, that isn't a fact to brag about? Really? I didn't know that...

Moff Chumley
2008-08-30, 01:19 PM
I see the world more interestingly than any of you!

*is crazy*

Setra
2008-08-30, 01:54 PM
I am immune to the hypnotoad.

SDF
2008-08-30, 01:56 PM
I just got back from Nevada where me and my roommate made ~$650 playing blackjack. =D

SurlySeraph
2008-08-30, 02:10 PM
I am immune to the hypnotoad.

That's nothing special. No one's really affected by THE HYPNOTOAD, WHOM ALL HAIL!

Erothayce
2008-08-30, 02:14 PM
I rode my bike from about 47 miles from my home to Sacramento with some people for no real reason at all. All on a fixed gear bike with a stupid high gearing ratio.

Mr. Zook
2008-08-30, 02:15 PM
I have my own reality!:smallbiggrin:
I can jump almost 4x my body length (5'3")
I ran a 5:20 mile. In fourth grade.
I scored 255 points in Madden NFL 2007, which is the maximum and still had enough time for 7 more drives.
I invented my own laguage in thrid grade that is accutaly functional and based on German, Spanish, Russian and Greek.
I have acted in 4 school plays and stared in 3 of them.
I called the final score of the baseball All-Star game (not the extra innings) this year as well as calling the Pats' last second loss in the Superbowl.
I am going to Brown, like my three older cousins.
And I'm too cool for school.:smallcool:

Corrupted One
2008-08-30, 02:18 PM
According to my placement test, I should not be going to 8th grade, but am actually working at a post high school level and am currently scoring higher than at least 98% of the country my age in all my subjects. :smallcool:

Wraithy
2008-08-30, 03:10 PM
Oh yeah... well I got a Toblerone for my birthday, top that.

Moff Chumley
2008-08-30, 06:53 PM
I've seen through their propaganda: IQ/tests in general doesn't mean anything at all. Deal. :smallcool::smallyuk:

Manoftyr
2008-08-30, 06:56 PM
I've seen through their propaganda: IQ/tests in general doesn't mean anything at all. Deal. :smallcool::smallyuk:

You're absolutely right, they mean 'nothing' true human intelligence is measured by the ability to make associations I.E. take A and connect it to B in various forms be them logically, linguistically, physically etc. and any kind of standardized test can't really measure that, it can really only measure a fraction of your raw logical and linguistic knowledge, and even then not very well, and they can't measure other types of intelligence whatsoever.

In short yeah, IQ tests mean close to nothing.

Rollin
2008-08-30, 07:07 PM
In engineering school, my final project was to implement an electric circuit whose output was a chaotic signal. This is much less exciting than it sounds (though the oscilloscope trace is very pretty!) but the brag is that some other people were in the lab and asked me what I was working on, and I was able to truthfully answer CHAOS!

WhiteMonkey
2008-08-30, 07:48 PM
I laid some smack-down on my wife in the wii Sports boxing game that came with my wii system.

Then I gloated in her face and did a victory dance around the living room in my underwear yelling "BOOYAH".

It was a good day.

DraPrime
2008-08-30, 08:21 PM
Allow me to brag about the fact that I have managed to singlehandedly create the central plot of the game currently in the making on these forums. Hooray for my great ideas!

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-30, 08:27 PM
I got a watch!
I just want to say, as I have never had a watch before....
Come on, ask me the time of winnipeg, canada :smalltongue:

Sewer_Bandito
2008-08-30, 08:36 PM
Is anyone on this forum not a genius? Also, if everyone's a genius doesn't that make them just average?

soozenw
2008-08-30, 09:36 PM
I have born a child!

Ha! Top that! :smallbiggrin:

(and I'm not a genius. Math scares me, but give me a good ol' English paper and I will RULE!)

Dhavaer
2008-08-30, 09:42 PM
You mean cookie. He's the cookie-monster, after all. Also you can see the chocolate chips.

Biscuit. Cookie is for Americans.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-30, 09:44 PM
Canadians get Biskies, half biscuit, half cookie!

TFT
2008-08-30, 09:44 PM
Allow me to brag about the fact that I have managed to singlehandedly create the central plot of the game currently in the making on these forums. Hooray for my great ideas!

Singlehandedly? I seem to remember solving the developing schism and saving the game from an eventual split... Not to mention getting the setting and beginning of the game set up

Corrupted One
2008-08-30, 09:50 PM
Singlehandedly? I seem to remember solving the developing schism and saving the game from an eventual split... Not to mention getting the setting set up

I was also there from page 1. I think I contributed something :smallfrown:

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-30, 09:50 PM
I betcha I've had a more depressing week than any of y'all! Take that...

soozenw
2008-08-30, 09:54 PM
I betcha I've had a more depressing week than any of y'all! Take that...

Awwwwww. :smalleek: *hug*

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-30, 10:07 PM
NO!!! The Tribble must never be depressed! (unless he uses it as creative fuel for his amazing monster making skills, and even then only on rare occasions)

*ahem*

I am ultra-super-mondo lazy, and still doing better than almost everybody around me!
[/Brag]

Crow
2008-08-30, 11:08 PM
I worked out with the cockiest guy at work and brought him to the brink of puking in just 4 minutes. He had to lay down on the gym floor before making more excuses.

Durp
2008-08-30, 11:41 PM
I beat the stupid out of this supposedly gangstah jerk at my school.

KerfuffleMach2
2008-08-30, 11:47 PM
I set a personal record at work two days ago for the amount of time it takes to install a hitch. Took me 35 minutes.

SweetLikeLemons
2008-08-31, 12:34 AM
*returns from new-job induced absence from FB to brag about awesome new job*
*Does the new job dance*
*passes out from exhaustion due to new job*

(Also, big heaps of congratulations to you, soozenw. That is a very good brag.)

Fan
2008-08-31, 12:36 AM
I just found out that I have enough cash to go to Tokyo next year, can someone say I'm going to pay a vist to the guy who made final Fantasy NON PS3 exclusive?

Manoftyr
2008-08-31, 12:39 AM
I beat the stupid out of this supposedly gangstah jerk at my school.

Durp Wins, hands down.

Drascin
2008-08-31, 02:43 AM
Is anyone on this forum not a genius? Also, if everyone's a genius doesn't that make them just average?

Me. I'm an idiot and thinking makes my head hurt :smalltongue:.

soozenw
2008-08-31, 08:33 AM
*returns from new-job induced absence from FB to brag about awesome new job*
*Does the new job dance*
*passes out from exhaustion due to new job*

(Also, big heaps of congratulations to you, soozenw. That is a very good brag.)

Why thank you! Congratulations on the new job! That is awesome!

Zaggab
2008-08-31, 09:13 AM
I never, ever brag

Edge
2008-08-31, 10:41 AM
I managed to write a piece of creative writing English coursework back in high school (a fantasy piece, of course) that my fantasy-hating teacher not only marked high, but actually enjoyed.

Umm...

I'm done.

soozenw
2008-08-31, 10:53 AM
I managed to write a piece of creative writing English coursework back in high school (a fantasy piece, of course) that my fantasy-hating teacher not only marked high, but actually enjoyed.

Umm...

I'm done.

That's a good one. It's hard to entertain teachers with something they dislike. Good job! :smallsmile:

Sewer_Bandito
2008-08-31, 11:02 AM
I never, ever brag

I dunno, it sounds to me like you're bragging about never bragging. :smallbiggrin:

Beholder1995
2008-08-31, 11:07 AM
I play the trumpet.

Need I say more? :smallcool:

Coplantor
2008-08-31, 11:28 AM
I had a hallucination and it was so awesome, it was like something taken out from a Lovecraft's story and it was hanging from the roof right above my bed, and Im not crazy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Im off to feed my imaginary platypus.

randman22222
2008-08-31, 11:30 AM
I sat in the cockpit of a decommissioned SR-71. :smallcool:

Beholder1995
2008-08-31, 11:32 AM

Okay, now that's cool.

celestialkin
2008-08-31, 11:43 AM
I have born a child!

Ha! Top that! :smallbiggrin:

(and I'm not a genius. Math scares me, but give me a good ol' English paper and I will RULE!)

Congratulations!

I am assuming this is a recent occurrence, due to your change in avatar? If so, congratulations again for having the strength and time to be on these forums.

Durp
2008-08-31, 12:17 PM
[/QUOTE]Im off to feed my imaginary platypus.[/QUOTE]

... what does he eat?

Edit: oops. screwed up.

Coplantor
2008-08-31, 12:25 PM
... what does he eat?

Edit: oops. screwed up.

Imaginary Cake (he still does'nt know that it is a lie) and imaginary living chocolate chips cookies.

evisiron
2008-08-31, 12:25 PM
I became Northern Ireland's Warhammer 40k Regional champion in the Trial of Champions tournament.

Best part is it was right before NI got merged with the EU, so I hold onto my title forever! Bwahahaha!

Unfortunately when I moved onto the United Kingdom finals I got my army destroyed by one of the people who worked on the Rulebook itself! Although, watching him play was like watching an artist.

Moff Chumley
2008-08-31, 12:45 PM
I wrote a Prog version of Paranoid (Black Sabbath, of course) in the lieu of doing anythin productive. And it kicks ass!

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-31, 12:56 PM
NO!!! The Tribble must never be depressed! (unless he uses it as creative fuel for his amazing monster making skills, and even then only on rare occasions)
Actually, that's exactly what I did. Went and statted up the Red Death from Poe's short story.

Fell prostrate in death the Prince Prospero... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89573)

Erothayce
2008-08-31, 01:02 PM
I biked 7.5 miles in 22 minutes. That includes dealing with lights and stupid people in cars. And a 10mph headwind.

soozenw
2008-08-31, 01:05 PM
Congratulations!

I am assuming this is a recent occurrence, due to your change in avatar? If so, congratulations again for having the strength and time to be on these forums.

Actually he was born a year ago. lol I haven't been on GITP for a while because of him, but now that he can play solo for short periods of time, I can get online and goof off!

And thank you for the congratulations!

Wraithy
2008-08-31, 01:09 PM
I can get online and goof off!

Here here!

Crow
2008-08-31, 01:21 PM

That is so frickin' cool!

Coplantor
2008-08-31, 02:22 PM
I once lit a bonfire only using sticks and dry leaves, like that guy in the island on the Wilson's movie.

Edge
2008-08-31, 02:28 PM
Stretching my memory way back to when I was... what? 8?

At a pirate-themed Cub camp, I won the costume competition because I wore a girl's shirt for the whole swashbuckler effect. :smallbiggrin:

SDF
2008-08-31, 04:42 PM
Stretching my memory way back to when I was... what? 8?

At a pirate-themed Cub camp, I won the costume competition because I wore a girl's shirt for the whole swashbuckler effect. :smallbiggrin:

Ooh, that reminds me...

When I was a kid I got to go to Space Camp. It was made of awesome and win.

Smoke
2008-08-31, 05:35 PM
I'm going the top uni in my country to study one of the most competitive subjects.

SDF
2008-08-31, 05:36 PM
I'm going the top uni in my country to study one of the most competitive subjects.

Which Uni/subject?

Smoke
2008-08-31, 05:38 PM
oxford law! :D

Cyrano
2008-08-31, 05:39 PM
I am, on a scale of 1 to 10, mildly more tolerable then my brother.

HAI FAIVE

Mr. Zook
2008-08-31, 07:34 PM
Verra nice

soozenw
2008-08-31, 08:39 PM
oxford law! :D

Woohoo! That's fabulous!

Coplantor
2008-08-31, 08:57 PM
I can bend myself like Neo in the first matrix movie, i cant dodge bullets, but Its awesome.

Exeson
2008-09-01, 06:43 AM
I'm National Independent Schools Judo Champion for the U81 kilo category, despite being only 71 kilos. :smallbiggrin: Bring it bitches. :smalltongue:

Felixaar
2008-09-01, 08:23 AM
From college?

I feel stupid now.

Then again, I have an IQ of 60. I have every right to be stupid.

Ha ha ha no...

I'd never go to college before I was the normal age. Eww.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-09-01, 01:55 PM
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

What? :confused:

soozenw
2008-09-01, 02:19 PM
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

What? :confused:

Can I call you Fred?

Sir_Norbert
2008-09-03, 06:32 PM
Today I completed Level 6 of Repton in the Orient in half the given time limit.

Micate
2008-09-04, 04:52 PM
I'm awesome.

black_Lizzard
2008-09-04, 07:53 PM
I'm the most mediocre person in the world! (and that doesn't even make sense!)
Therefore I defy logic!

Coplantor
2008-09-05, 12:11 AM
Tomorrow, I will be told by a professional that my manga drawing sucks and I need a lot of improvement if I ever want to be a profesional drawer!

Trog
2008-09-05, 10:41 AM
I have a date tonight! :smallsmile:

SDF
2008-09-05, 10:58 AM
I got called by someone I've never met before yesterday to come and give a speech to an organization on a relief program I've been working on.

That means A) My reputation preceded me. B) I'm legit enough to go give random speeches. :P

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-05, 11:04 AM
Errrrr.....
*somehow musters up an ego*
Errrrr.........

I'm the suckiest person on the whole planet, thats one thing nobody can beat me at!

Karaswanton
2008-09-05, 03:29 PM
Today made chili so good it made my girlfriend cry.

...and it was the worst chili I have made in two months.

Gem Flower
2008-09-05, 03:32 PM
I'm almost part of the in-clique!

13_CBS
2008-09-05, 03:43 PM
I learned a cello piece on the violin just by listening to a recording a bunch of times.

Behold! Proof of my superior violin skills! The rest of you mortals shall now bow and worship the very ground I walk upon!

KerfuffleMach2
2008-09-06, 12:19 AM
Remember my post about setting a personal record at work? Yeah, well, today I beat it. Did a hitch in 25 minutes. That's faster than the amount of time the system says it should take.

Shadow
2008-09-06, 01:04 AM
I french kissed your mom!

soozenw
2008-09-06, 10:59 AM
I'm not going to quote you all, but this page has a lot to brag about! Good job everyone! (except Shadow, that's gross :smallyuk:)

And! My brag--I lost 3.6 pounds last week on my new diet. *struts*

Xallace
2008-09-06, 11:05 AM
I prefer the version of this game where we all cheer and swig cider after a brag.

I have little to brag about... except that I once defeated 57 battle droids and droidekas by myself with a half-ammo blaster rifle and two EMP grenades.

Wraithy
2008-09-06, 04:17 PM
Tomorrow, I will be told by a professional that my manga drawing sucks and I need a lot of improvement if I ever want to be a profesional drawer!

OOO, please elaborate.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-09-06, 09:06 PM
This post marks both my 1401'st post on the forum, and also, sadly, only my 1.50 posts per day rate.

See, it says I've been here more than two years, but for half a year, the latter half of '06, I forgot about GitP. Don't shoot me.

Child Conscript
2008-09-07, 04:15 AM
Hmm bragging. . .
I went to the potty all by myself!!

TigerHunter
2008-09-07, 12:27 PM
I spent an hour reading about logical fallacies last night, and just now I got to tell someone that he was "begging the question."

Kind of silly, but I feel smawt. :smallsmile:

Wraithy
2008-09-08, 06:23 PM
I managed to identify Seth Macfarlane's voice acting in the new Hellboy film, and when I checked the credits... ABSOLUTE VICTORY
(Trust me, this is impressive from someone who can barely recognise people on the phone without asking them)

Also: New Hellboy film, not too good.