PDA

View Full Version : 40k Dreadnought

imp_fireball
2008-08-25, 07:23 PM
Just what are the statistics of an actual d20 dreadnought that would factor into 3.5 (if there isn't one already)?

This is just a question of curiosity.

Apparently D20 is a great way to compare universes in senseless topics such as 'who would win in a fight', and universe wars, etc.

Attention: This is not a thread for the debate of tabletop systems. It's for the presenting of a question, so if you can't answer it, it might be wise not to say anything at all.

Norr
2008-08-26, 08:05 AM
Pick up a copy of the Ebberron campain setting and flip to page 302, you will find the warforged titan, which is a very close analogue to the WH40K dreadnought. Otherwise there are only one protected rar archive (which I can't tap into) on a russian discussion board somewhere through google.

imp_fireball
2008-08-26, 10:44 AM
Yah I checked that.

Anyway, I'm really only wondering if it has over 300hp. :P

SurlySeraph
2008-08-26, 03:07 PM
Here. (http://www.geocities.com/binarytimekeeper/vehicles/spacemarinewarmachines.htm) You'll have to scroll down a bit.

Note that Defense = Armor Class and Hardness is basically Damage Reduction (meaning that having 60 hit points doesn't mean it's at all weak).

imp_fireball
2008-08-27, 12:50 PM
Wow, ok thanks, but I've gotta ask... damn that dreadnought really is weak for what I thought of it initially. Only 3 tons (sure it shakes the earth with every step, but that's like a buffer version of Asimo)? Only twice as fast as an unarmored human (60' max speed)? Wow, I guess since the humans of 40k barely have any grasp of their own technology, maybe it makes a little more sense that dreadnoughts are so hard to obtain. Also makes you wonder how they move around (aside from ridiculously huge starships).

And that ceramite... if thick enough, it makes sense that it could total 40 hardness, but even bypassing partial hardness might mean scraping a few layers off the thing (realistically, since hardness also totals out to armor/structural thickness).

But I guess the machine gun is capable of overkill (if used against plenty of lesser armored humanoids); realistically it could gun down twelve orks in a given round with sight (if I were GM at least).

But imagine if technology were much more appreciated within the imperium... you'd have dreadnoughts all over the place. And even bigger dreadnoughts that actually tactically made sense.

Sorry, just ranting.