PDA

View Full Version : What alignment are you?

bibliophile
2008-08-25, 08:46 PM
The title pretty much explains this. What DnD alignment would you consider yourself? Why? I'd say I'm Lawful Good.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 09:14 PM
I would probably have to say that I am True Neutral, not in some "balance" sense but more of an "indifference" sense.

I would never just kill someone, I respect human life, but I definitely don't go out of my way to protect it, nor do I "smite evil" as it were.

I do not disregard rules and laws on principle, and make an honest aim to follow most of them that make any sense, but not the ones I particularly disagree with, or if they are trivial and just inconveniencing.

Nevitan
2008-08-26, 11:46 PM
Neutral good.

Ranzunar
2008-08-26, 11:51 PM
I consider myself Lawful Good, especially since I classify myself as a Paladin/Bard for most things in life. I'd be like Roy, had he taken a level or two in Paladin, definitely not Mikoesque.

Pocketa
2008-08-26, 11:52 PM
Lawful Good, many see me as Chaotic Evil if they don't get the full story, and those that know me best consider me True Neutral because they don't know what to think.

MisterSaturnine
2008-08-27, 12:14 AM
Chaotic Good. I have a habit of naturally fighting things when they're phrased as an order or in some other way that implies I must do something beyond my will to choose, and I'm very into the whole "make things right for others, despite the cost to myself," as opposed to "make things right for myself, despite the cost to others."

Hlaine Larkin
2008-08-27, 12:19 AM
True Neutral for sure.

The idea of lawful vs chaotic; well, I follow what I believe is right, not what the government says is right, nor do I spit at any law I see.

And Good vs Evil; Good and evil are just opinions, and as such, vary from person to person. I believe in the freedom of people, but I don't strive for the eradication of "bad" or "evil".

Semidi
2008-08-27, 12:30 AM
Probably Neutral Good. I really do try to do what I see as the right thing, even if I'm not always sure what that is. I support (though am not an active participant in) some unlawful activities. But don't have any desire to "stick it to the man" for the sake of sticking.

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-27, 01:23 AM
I'm Neutral (Chaotic) Good due to the fact that I like to help people, but I'm often inconsistant as far as my thought processes are concerned. Most people appear to see me as LG for some reason, though.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-27, 01:24 AM
9-sided...

I can never really decide on alignment since my attitude changes so much,

RTGoodman
2008-08-27, 02:08 AM
I'm Unaligned, or (True) Neutral if you prefer.

I'm right in the middle of Law vs. Chaos, preferring neither, and I think I've done enough Good and Evil that they balance each other out.

Arioch
2008-08-27, 02:10 AM
Lawful Neutral, leaning towards Neutral. I get very uncomfortable when the rules that surround me are bent or broken, and while I try to do the right thing, sometimes I don't.

Coke_Can64
2008-08-27, 02:20 AM
Neutral Good, almost Chaotic. Almost. Accursed schooling has brainwashed me, BRAINWASHED!
Ahem. Yes.

Trizap
2008-08-27, 02:22 AM
chaotic neutral, I'm too intelligent to see the world in black and white, I know good and evil are objective, I don't really like doing things organizedly, I don't like people who like things orderly, y'know, in a certain way, just don't like order,
prefer freedom, I know however its important to follow the law so you don't get in trouble, I just don't really care for authority and like my freedom and such.

Zakama
2008-08-27, 02:26 AM
I'm not so hot on giving people DnD alignments... I don't think they pertain to the real world closely enough, and it seems like taking something that is FICTION too seriously.

Lyserdigi
2008-08-27, 02:46 AM
I have to kindly disagree with the above on the aspect that none of this is 'serious' , in my opinion this is a philosophical problem not to be taken too seriously. the goal seems to be to get people to think about their lives and actions in general, and then ponder which of the core alignments it resembles most. Although my alignment is somewhat fluid, I have to say I'm mostly chaotic good. Love and morality above scriptures and rules. When I'm not hurting anyone, I'm not doing anything wrong is my motto. I also seem to care somewhat more about other peoples comfort than my own. :smallbiggrin:

-L-

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-27, 02:48 AM
Chaotic Evil.

ghost_warlock
2008-08-27, 03:40 AM
I fluctuate between Lawful Neutral and Neutral Good, depending on the circumstances, people involved, and my mood. Most alignment tests or quizzes I've taken seem to support this.

I would say I lean more towards Lawful Neutral in that I'm disciplined and generally law-abiding and try to do what's "right" but I'm often disillisioned, apathetic, or simply burnt-out.

So far as lawfulness/chaos goes, I abide by most of the societal laws but tend to go by the de facto rulings rather than the RAW (as it were), such as you can generally 'get away' with driving ~5mph over the speed limit and nobody will bat an eye. (And I'd say that it's even expected in some cases!) I personally bemoan or become annoyed with people who break even minor laws but I've never sought out authority figures to turn these lawbreakers in (if any of these were serious offenses - such as violent crimes or crimes against children - this would likely have been different). I am required to be a mandatory reporter of child abuse while I'm at work and I would uphold my end of that should the situation come up, however.

As for the good/evil axis, even when I know that I'm doing something good for someone without any direct benefit to myself, I feel somewhat put-upon (even though these tasks are generally 100% voluntary). Often I don't really feel like it's personally fulfilling to donate my time, effort, or funds. Even so, I often find myself thanklessly helping other people out for no apparent reason, sometimes lending help without even being asked. I have no idea why. Sometimes I think I do nice things for people just so I don't have to hear them whine or so that they'll go away and leave me alone.

banjo1985
2008-08-27, 04:54 AM
Most people say I'm Chaotic Stupid :smallbiggrin:

But more seriously, I would consider myself Neutral Good, edging towards true neutral at times. No matter how much I try to make people happy and like to see them smile, no matter how much I dislike the bad things that go on in the world, deep down I have a selfish streak that makes me look after number one.

Ichneumon
2008-08-27, 04:58 AM
I think Lawful Neutral with Lawful Good tendencies.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-08-27, 07:38 AM
True Neutral.

Why? Well, I want to be Chaotic, but the truth is I don't really have the willpower or enough motivation to arbitrarily go against everything my "superiors" tell me to do, and I often end up taking the path of least resistance. Maybe some day I'll grow a spine, but for now, neutral.

Arguably, I could count myself as "Good," but the whole Good/Evil thing is a hard decision to make - every time I finally decide that I should be a goody-two-shoes philanthropist and give my life to helping others, something happens that makes me want to be not-so-very-nice, kick people while they're down, and generally laugh at the misfortunes of others. So I'm undecided at the moment.

Therefore, True Neutral (with slight Good and Chaotic tendencies).

Mando Knight
2008-08-27, 12:05 PM
I'm not so hot on giving people DnD alignments... I don't think they pertain to the real world closely enough, and it seems like taking something that is FICTION too seriously.

Fiction is SERIOUS BUSINESS (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeriousBusiness).

There was a thread on this somewhere, complete with a link to the alignment half of a WotC (or was it old enough to be TSR?) "What Character are You?" type questionnaire... I'm too lazy to find it myself though.

BTW, I'm Lawful Good.

Lord Tataraus
2008-08-27, 01:32 PM
Lawful Neutral, I like order and am generally a good person, but I have too much respect for natural laws that are considered not superficially good such as war and disease and I despise people who try to rise above natural laws, may the immortalists die slowly and painfully even if I have to do it my self.

sktarq
2008-08-27, 01:38 PM
CG.....I get that from almost everybody who knows the DnD LNC,GXE system plus my own view of myself. I also get that reading from those various personaility tests in which I get CG about 90% of the time NG about 5% and CN about 5%.

Da Beast
2008-08-27, 01:44 PM
Mostly neutral good, but I kind of move around the four non evil, non lawful alignments depending on my mood.

Talyn
2008-08-27, 01:44 PM
I'm closest in alignment to Lawful Neutral, but I think I have tendencies towards Good - i.e. I support order, tradition, and hierarchy both for themselves (lawful) and because I distrust people's ability to be helpful and kind without them (towards good).

mangosta71
2008-08-27, 02:20 PM
I find that I resent people who tell me what to do when I already know. It makes me want to not do it out of spite. So certainly chaotic. And I've noticed that I am extremely creative when I'm coming up with ways to punish others, especially if I myself am inconvenienced or endangered by their actions. So probably evil. At best, neutral with evil leanings.

AKA_Bait
2008-08-27, 04:00 PM
Probably either lawful neutral or lawful good, depending upon how good one has to be to count as D&D good. Paladin I ain't.

Thufir
2008-08-27, 04:07 PM
I'm neutral good. I have some definitely lawful traits, and some definitely chaotic ones, and some in the middle.

TheCountAlucard
2008-08-27, 04:08 PM
I'm Lawful Good... so what if I killed those dozen villagers? They clearly deserved it... that baby was LOOKING at me! LOOKING, I SAY!

SurlySeraph
2008-08-27, 04:14 PM
Lawful Good, but considerably more lawful than good.

Tar Palantir
2008-08-27, 05:11 PM
Chaotic Evil. I am unpredictable, petty, and frequently malicious.

DMing is my passion.

Coplantor
2008-08-27, 05:11 PM
Well, in general, I'm Lawful good, but when I'm bored Im caothic neutral, most people that knows me personally wold tell you that Im crazy, not the "oh, he is so funny, he is crazy" but the "Stop doing that or I'll call the police" crazy.

Collin152
2008-08-27, 05:15 PM
Lawful Evil.
Almost certainly.

Griever
2008-08-27, 05:15 PM
Lawful Neutral; neutral only by my acceptance of Evil so that the ends can justify the means.

TheLoveInterest
2008-08-27, 05:33 PM
Im just Chaotic. I swing from one extreme to the other on the spectrum of good and evil so I'm not close to "neutral". There are very few things/people I would not save or betray on a whim.

EvilElitest
2008-08-27, 06:01 PM
Lawful neutral

I"m moral, but i lack conviction of good, and i am extremly lawful by nature
from
EE

tribble
2008-08-27, 06:10 PM
true neutral.
I dont reflexively disobey rules, or kowtow to bad ones, and while I am altruistic some times, when the push comes to shove, its look out for number one. additionally, I'm an ******* about half the time and a pretty ok guy the rest of the time.

The Orange Zergling
2008-08-27, 06:18 PM
True Neutral with Lawful tendencies.

Various tests support this, too.

EDIT: TPAB pretty much sums it up, I can't think of anything to add at the moment.

evisiron
2008-08-27, 06:20 PM
The title pretty much explains this. What DnD alignment would you consider yourself? Why? I'd say I'm Lawful Good.

Gotta love it when the OP asks for an answer and a reason yet provides no reason themselves...

Myself... Well, Lawful is a given. I am one of those people who follows every rule and sticks to every speed limit.

I am also somewhere between Good and Neutral, depending on the scaling. I do help people when I can, I let other cars accross and junctions, I do a bit of voulnteer work, I help with Cub Scouts etc etc,
...but I never really help people at serious detriment to myself. I guess I kind of think of myself first, then help others if I can.

Player_Zero
2008-08-27, 06:34 PM
Lawful Evil. Definitely lawful evil.

Heh...

Also, you can't give real ZA WARUDO people alignments.

Calvin33
2008-08-27, 06:42 PM
I do evil things that make me evil so I'm....

Chaotic evil, yyyyyyyaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

I buy houses, insure them, and burn them down, I am definintly evil

SilentNight
2008-08-27, 06:45 PM
Nuetral Good. I have a strong sense of injustice and generally know what's good. I don't have a problem with rules as long as their good but I have a great disdain for authority unworthy of my respect.

Sam
2008-08-27, 08:00 PM
Lawful Good. After all, I remember the admonishment in the player handbook "A Lawful Good person will answer 'Lawful Good', but a Choatic Evi individuals will answer 'Lawful Good'".

What is with that divination magic? I am lawful good- see? It just happens that giving necesary info is part of being good.

I am lawful because I am an authoritarian (privacy? You don't need that citizen) and good because I do care about other people.

Of course, having a helm of alignment change could account for my... shifts.

Flickerdart
2008-08-27, 08:14 PM
As much as I hate being another LG person...that's what I am. Although I'm in the corner between LG and NN, but LG nevertheless. Honour before reason and all that.

Toadie
2008-08-27, 08:21 PM
Definetly not Lawful - all those women know that my sense of loyalty leaves a lot to wish for :elan: So it has to be chaotic.

Not evil - as I'm too sensitive to be like that.
Not good - I have a tendency towards it, but it's just not it still.

Must be Chaotic Neutral with tendency to good acts from time to time, but as long as habits stay I remain Neutral.

Edea
2008-08-27, 08:30 PM
True Neutral, on account of indifference. When I take them, my alignment tests usually look like this:

L |||||
N |||||||||||||||
C ||||||||||

G |||||||||
N |||||||||||||||
E ||

Hithros
2008-08-27, 10:12 PM
Lawful Neutral.
I follow rules almost all the time.
However, if I get fed up with a seemingly pointless rule, I break it.

That is Lawful Neutral, right?

Mando Knight
2008-08-27, 11:02 PM
Lawful Neutral.
I follow rules almost all the time.
However, if I get fed up with a seemingly pointless rule, I break it.

That is Lawful Neutral, right?

Nah, that's a bit more to True Neutral: you follow the laws, but if you don't like 'em you won't follow them.

Someone who is neutral with respect to law and chaos has a normal respect for authority and feels neither a compulsion to obey nor a compulsion to rebel.

Lawful is usually used for those who hold the law in high regard, when faced with a legal dilemma, they'll do it "by the book" (almost) every time. Chaotic and Neutral people may have a strong sense of honor, but the Lawful ones are compelled by their sense of duty, honor, and justice more often than the others.

Thomas Madd
2008-08-27, 11:19 PM
I would have to go with Chaotic Good as what I am for the majority of the time. I slip into my Chaotic Neutral every once and a while.

Also, has anyone else noticed that all the alignments that are not evil all say "this is the best alignment you can be..."? I feel like they need to make up their mind, or try not to be bias against evil. For though I am Chaotic Good, I can certainly justify all of my Evil characters!

Thufir
2008-08-28, 05:38 AM
I'm just Chaotic. I swing from one extreme to the other on the spectrum of good and evil so I'm not close to "neutral". There are very few things/people I would not save or betray on a whim.

No, that means you're chaotic neutral. Neutral can mean one of two things: Either you are between the two extremes (In this case good and evil) or you are both in roughly equal amounts. It seems to me a lot of people disregard this second possibility.

^: I think the point is those are the reasons which someone of that alignment would give for why their worldview is the best. But they don't want to describe any of the evil alignments as the 'best' alignment since evil is, well, evil. So instead they describe each of them as the 'most dangerous' alignment.

UnChosenOne
2008-08-28, 06:32 AM
Lawfull Good. More lawfull than good but still. Also in one test (i just mark good. Neutral's there were 18 on lawfull and in evil 17 on lawfull) LG: 27 NG: 17 CG: 25. What that would mean mean?

Aotrs Commander
2008-08-28, 06:41 AM
Unashamedly and unequivicably Lawful Evil.

Heck, says so in my profile.

Sam
2008-08-28, 02:11 PM
"Also, has anyone else noticed that all the alignments that are not evil all say "this is the best alignment you can be..."? I feel like they need to make up their mind, or try not to be bias against evil. For though I am Chaotic Good, I can certainly justify all of my Evil characters!"

Yep. They wanted everyone to feel special- heck, they did the same with the villians- all varieties of evil are the most dangerous!

In reality Lawful Evil would be the most dangerous- they have numbers and organization. Neutral Evil and Choatic Evil can be defeated in detail.

xxemotionless
2008-08-28, 05:06 PM
Chaotic Evil.

:P

Fin
2008-08-28, 05:08 PM
Chaotic Neutral

Meh, I go where the money is!

UncleWolf
2008-08-28, 05:17 PM
I am Chaos Incarnate

I am actually chaotic good with some lawful tendencies.

nhbdy
2008-08-28, 06:24 PM
im somewhere between neutral good and true neutral

shadow_archmagi
2008-08-28, 07:16 PM
Neutral Good. As much as I love rules (how else could I play D&D?) I also make an effort every day to try to be more spontaneous and unpredictable. I hate hate hate hate HATE the morally incompetent, making me quite strongly good.

Holammer
2008-08-29, 07:58 PM
My mates usually call me Lawful Good Goody Two-Shoes. It is largely true but my utter contempt and disregard for copyright laws probably puts me down a peg down to Neutral Good. Unless I rationalize copyright law as evil.

Corrupted One
2008-08-29, 08:03 PM
Neutral evil tried and true.

Headless_Ninja
2008-08-30, 10:37 AM
I'd like to say Neutral or Chaotic Good, but I'd probably just be Lawful Stupid.

Vella_Malachite
2008-08-30, 10:10 PM
Neutral Good.

I'd love to be able to say "Chaotic Good", and sometimes I go out of my way to be Chaotic, just for a change of pace, to do something different, and I don't hold governments in any high standing, but I have an ingrained sense of Lawful I have trouble breaking.

Good because I am an exceedingly empathetic person, and if I hurt anyone, my conscience would guilt me for weeks.

Shai'Hulud
2008-09-01, 03:22 PM
Neutral evil,I will deny not that I am a horrible person, but hey the world needs a few terrible people to balance out all you goodies.

GrandMasterMe
2008-09-02, 12:35 PM
All hail those of us with the Chaotic Neutral tendencies. Those of us who scream for the wanton destruction of the establishment. Those of us who pray for the dissolution of the status quo. Those of us who revel in the pain wrought from the ultimate depredation of orderliness!:smallfurious:.......and the killing of little children while happily giving all of your spare time to helping to develop inner city youth's potential for rocket science

lumberofdabeast
2008-09-02, 12:42 PM
This is one of my favorite recurive topics. It's fun to see how people change.

Me? I used to be fairly certain I was CG, but now, I'm wondering if I'm just a CN who happens to have some strong Good tendancies.

hamishspence
2008-09-02, 12:54 PM
I see myself as LN. People I know also say i am very serious about following regulations.