PDA

View Full Version : Avatar issues

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-03, 12:24 PM
Okay, I'll keep this short and to the point. I resized my avatar so that the vertical axis was 117 pixels. As it isn't square, this made the horizontal axis 68 pixels. I thought this would be fine, as most boards I've posted on don't resize unless one of the axes breaks the limit, but the board is stretching the horizontal axis to also be 117 pixels, which, as you can see, is really screwing up the avatar proportions. Is there anything to be done, or do I need to go make a square avatar?

WampaX
2006-10-03, 12:27 PM
Its hip to be square.
;D

Bookman
2006-10-03, 12:30 PM
Its hip to be square.
;D

heh that's a good one Wampa :P

So I think what he's saying is you can't make it smaller....but y'know there's a ton of good avatarist's out there who can make you stick figure ones ;D

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-03, 12:34 PM
I was afraid of that. *Grumbles about Proboards-like software.*

Thanks anyway. I suppose I'll go get to work on another one, or maybe add borders to this one. Or I might take somebody up on a stick figure av, but only if they can do non-Miko paladins. ;D

Bookman
2006-10-03, 12:37 PM
I was afraid of that. *Grumbles about Proboards-like software.*

Thanks anyway. I suppose I'll go get to work on another one, or maybe add borders to this one. Or I might take somebody up on a stick figure av, but only if they can do non-Miko paladins. ;D

They can do anything! ;D

Seriously they're some of the best artists ;)

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-03, 12:46 PM
*Notes the fact that some of the avatars in the gallery are not square, and don't seem to have problems.*

I'll think about it. I don't seem to have a lot of suitable fantasy-themed base pictures to work from, so I might have to get a stick one.

NEO|Phyte
2006-10-03, 12:49 PM
*Notes the fact that some of the avatars in the gallery are not square, and don't seem to have problems.*

Forums are quirky like that. There are set restrictions on what custom avatars can and can't be, but the default ones come as-is. I've seen it on every forum I'm on.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-03, 12:52 PM
Actually, I've usually seen the opposite. My own board runs on phpBB, and it puts limits on gallery avatars and uploaded avatars, but if somebody links his av off-site, the default is that it comes as-is, and occasionally (in the case of morons) 600 pixels across. (It was a rude surprise the first time I ran into that, until I found the controls for changing it.)

Anyway, forgot I had this one. I don't really like it as much, but it'll do.

Samiam303
2006-10-03, 01:03 PM
Well, what you could do is just add some transparent space to each side of it to make it square.. :)

Dragon_Rider
2006-10-03, 01:55 PM
I think your avatar looks rather cool as a square, but thats just me.

@V - Oops.

Samiam303
2006-10-03, 02:29 PM
I would assume this is a different one then he was using before.. See the quote:

Anyway, forgot I had this one. I don't really like it as much, but it'll do.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-03, 02:41 PM
Yeah. This one's the (full sized) original of what I was using at first:

http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Rogue/Pictures/JPEGs/Fantasy%20Art/BlueKnight.jpg

TinSoldier
2006-10-03, 02:53 PM
Here, try this:
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k97/jaygade/misc/BlueKnight.gif

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-03, 02:55 PM
Thanks. Was halfway through it anyway, but might as well use yours. I owe you one. And I mean that.