PDA

View Full Version : I don't log in automatically...

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-27, 12:06 PM
Even though I have the little box checked. Is this something to be concerned about?

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-27, 12:11 PM
It probably has something to do with cookies. If they are cleared when you close your browser, than perhaps thats why.

Really, I have no idea... I know less about computers than your average joe. Maybe some slightly more experienced than me can tell you how to fix it.

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-27, 12:12 PM
Even though I have the little box checked. Is this something to be concerned about?
Is you bookmark going to http://giantitp.com or http://www.giantitp.com ?

HempRope
2006-09-27, 12:16 PM
Now, see, if you just tell him that, he doesn't know how to fix it, and he has to come back here, tell you, and then wait for a response, and then go back and fix it.

It should be going to the one with the "www."

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-09-27, 12:21 PM
Now, see, if you just tell him that, he doesn't know how to fix it, and he has to come back here, tell you, and then wait for a response.
But that's half the fun! ;)

Yeah, could also be the cookies. You might want to check your browser preferences for dealing with cookies. If you have a setting that automatically deletes them before they normally expire, turn that setting off.

Akiosama
2006-09-27, 01:35 PM
I have a similar issue, and it's happened since the forum upgrade. However, if you just hit the "Home" command, it logs in automatically at that point. You just have to load the page twice, I think.

Hope that helps.

My 2 yen,

Akio

HempRope
2006-09-27, 04:31 PM
Actually, that's happened to me before, too... I'd forgotten. Especially on computers that aren't mine. Er, actually, in these cases I log in and it still displays me as a guest, but next page I load it works. These were on fast dial-up connections.

Murky_Pool
2006-09-29, 03:03 AM
As an added wrinkle to this. Not only did I not log in automatically 5 minutes ago, but the boards had also forgotten I exist. 'This Username Does Not Exist'

I've re-registered again under the same name, but it's annoying.

Ghostie
2006-09-29, 07:58 AM
You lost your account on the day the council vote for a new member starts (of which your nominated). Nothing suspect there then....... ;D

Murky_Pool
2006-09-29, 03:51 PM
Thanks Ghostie, but why do I get the feeling I'm being wound up?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-03, 10:24 AM
Well, I log in automatically now, so whetever it is is gone now.