PDA

View Full Version : The Elemental Storm - Team Evil

Slamexo
2008-08-26, 08:25 AM
Your travels have led you to this small village set in the plains between the major cities as the sun begins to set. As you walked through the town the residents ran festivally through the streets, laughing and full of joy. Decorations are streamed throughout the roads, and children skipped merrily with banners trailing behind them.

As you step into the local inn a wave of laughter hits you. The place is overflowing with rowdy patrons; the sound of glasses chinking against each other happens again and again, and people joyfully smile and talk loudly amongst each other. Behind the bar stands a hairy dwarf, smiling proudly at the good times being had. Amongst the noise, you spot five other patrons, all as confused looking as yourself.

As I'm sure you've intellectually ascertained, those other five are the rest of team evil. Feel free to claim a colour for talking, and enjoy the stereotypicalness! :smallbiggrin:

Incarnum3
2008-08-26, 02:42 PM
Mathias Landis entered the bar, his face remaining blank as the warm air and warm laughter hit him like a wall. His hooded eyes shone golden-brown under the hood of his traveling cloak, the rest of his face was tanned and had a certain weathered look to it. He took a seat at the bar near the few people who were not making fools of themselves with the crowd. He ordered a drink and turned his eyes on the secluded group, taking each one in before turning back to his drink in silence.

S'too loud in here.

Lansier
2008-08-26, 03:01 PM
Right you are stranger. Asger who is sitting next to Mathias replies, he glances out from beneath his hood towards the newcomer but makes no further attempt to converse as he sips from his drink, occasionally muttering something under his breath.

Kobold-Bard
2008-08-26, 03:06 PM
Haruk

Taking his drink and returning to the only group in the tavern who seemed tolerable, he sat himself down and relinquished his shield, but not his sword.

"I swear to Fistbrough if so much as one drunken idiot tries to hug me he'll be losing a limb" he said looking at the cheery mob, not with digust, but with distain.

Ipphli
2008-08-26, 06:06 PM
Ximen

Ximen enters the bar, frowning at all the noise. He quickly makes his way to the quiet end of the bar where the others were. He sat at the very end and ordered an ale. Sipping his ale, he glances at the others near him, then scans the room, apparently bored.

Dumbledore lives
2008-08-26, 11:13 PM
Belos casually sipped his drink as the others at the table began talking about the noise. He didn't care much, as he has learned to ignore distractions and concentrate on specific thing. Now he was staring at the fellow who just entered, wondering why he had chosen to sit here.

Ipphli
2008-08-27, 10:15 AM
Ximen, feeling eyes on him, glances over at Belos. He raises an eyebrow before asking quietly. "Yes?" He turns to the dwarf and gestures him over. "Excuse me, but I"m new here. What's the occassion?"

Slamexo
2008-08-27, 01:18 PM
The hairy dwarf joyfully comes over to your table, laughing loudly all the way.

"Ye havnae heard lad? They've found ancient ruins tae the south ae here! Word is there's secrets that're millenia old in there!" the hairy dwarf replies to you, slamming his hand on the wood of your table.

"There's some messenger fae Molten Keep that's coming to check out the authenticity, an' if it's legit they're paying us a fortune fur whatever secrets lurk in there! Rumour is there's power frae the Elemental Storm period inside!"

The dwarf then goes back to his other customers, laughing even louder than the joyous crowd of soon to be wealty civilians.

Ipphli
2008-08-27, 01:28 PM
Ximn

Ximen nods his thanks for the information, then looks around the room, a slight smile on his face. The smile disappears as he looks back at the gentleman eyeing him.

Lansier
2008-08-27, 01:53 PM
Overhearing the dwarf speak of the ruins Asger cannot help but smile to himself.''Ancient ruins and power from the Elemental Storm huh, sounds almost to good to be true.''

Incarnum3
2008-08-27, 02:30 PM
Wouldn't say no to a bit of coin., Mathias mutters to himself, continuing to stare into his mug. His hidden eyes flick over those now near him, judging their reactions to the interesting news.

Ipphli
2008-08-27, 03:24 PM
Ximen

Ximen glances at the other two who spoke up. After glancing around to make sure no one was too close or paying much attention, he speaks quietly to his mug. "Be a shame if, when that official shows up, there's nothing there. Would really hate to see that happen..."

Copacetic
2008-08-27, 03:35 PM
Jorgan waorked his way through the bar, not minding the noise. After all, free gold is something to be loud about, or so the dwarf said. working his way over to the group he smiles a bit. Free gold, huh? Pretty nice deal for finding some ancient ruins.

Incarnum3
2008-08-27, 08:20 PM
Mathias grins to himself briefly, pleased with the positive reaction of those around him. He wipes his face again, presenting a blank slate to the men surrounding him. He didn't often talk this often, especially to strangers, but he felt oddly at ease around these people. I have half a mind to get to these ruins before the crowds arrive. I wouldn't say no to the company of some of the only folks here who now how to control their emotions. He looks away hurriedly, immediately embarrassed at the offer he had made to people he didn't even know.

Ipphli
2008-08-27, 09:01 PM
Ximen

Ximen glances over at the man appraisingly. After a moment he looks down at his mug and speaks just loud enough for those immediately around him to hear him. "Who knows what's still down there. Could be anything. Going by oneself would no doubt be detrimental to one's health. Anyone that did go would do well to go in a group. And they'd do best to head out at night. Maybe meet at the town gates right before dawn and head out there first thing..." He glances at the others to gauge their reactions.

Dumbledore lives
2008-08-27, 10:20 PM
I'm in Belos thought it would be good to get some training, and this would be the perfect opportunity. Maybe he could pick up some extra gold on the way too.

Ipphli
2008-08-27, 11:11 PM
Ximen

Glancing at Belos, he gives the man the faintest of nods. Looking at each of the others for a moment, he smiles as he calls the dwarf over and orders another round.

Lansier
2008-08-28, 01:34 AM
''I think I could stand taking an early stroll tomorrow, I'll be there.'' Asger replies with a concealed smirk.

Kobold-Bard
2008-08-28, 04:02 AM
Haruk

Not known for his subtlety Haruk listened to the others around him before coming out with "you do realise that with the noise in here you could stand on a table beatin' your chest and no one would hear a word you said".

Satisfied with himself he drained his mug he reclaimed his shield and stood up to leave. "I guess I'll see you ladies tomorrow". And with that he left the inn, leaving his tab unpaid.

Slamexo
2008-08-28, 12:48 PM
Just waiting for Frigs now to say if he has any objections or if he wants to do anything before daybreak; I'm not one to assume people's actions for them :smallsmile:

Unless of course he doesn't say anything in a reasonable amount of time; we need to keep going after all!

Copacetic
2008-08-28, 05:03 PM
Sorry about that, School just started up and I am WAY more busy than I would like to be.

Jor glances at Ximen, then nods. Without a word he pays for his ale, and sweeps out the door.

Slamexo
2008-08-28, 05:51 PM
No worries, time begets the best of us.

Now, since no-one said they were doing anything specifically, I'm going to fast forward us to morning. I'm also going to assume everyone headed off for the sakes of time saving; I'm only guessing no-one decides to backstab just yet :smallwink:

As the sun began to rise above the horizon, you had all already met up and set off long before anyone else was even awake. It wasn't a difficult journey south, a clear road was set out with a sign to guide you towards the ruin every couple of miles; the villagers probably placed them there for fear of losing their treasure haul. Eventually, you come to the outskirts of a clearing otherwise surrounded by incredibly dense plantlife: far too dense to see beyond. Inside the clearing lies a pile of debree with a sign sat atop the rocks pointing downwards. Three apparent guards are also by the rocks; however, they're clearly snoring away, despite it being almost noon.

Ipphli
2008-08-28, 06:32 PM
Ximen

Ximen frowns as he sees the guards. Unfortunately the villagers weren't complete idiots. He glances at the others before whispering quietly. "Anyone have anything to make them sleep a little longer than they planned? Besides a knife to the throat that is."

Incarnum3
2008-08-28, 06:35 PM
Mathias crouches low as they approach the sleeping guards, his sharp eyes taking in every detail of the small area. He turns to his companions and speaks in little more than a whisper. "How do you suggest we deal this situation? I could easily sneak past these men, but if anyone has better suggestions I would listen. Perhaps... he paused, uncertain about continuing. "Perhaps a quick knife to the throat?"

Haha, posted this before seeing the previous post. Coincidental wording, I swear.

Dumbledore lives
2008-08-29, 12:06 AM
What kind of guards are they? I think we should be able to see whether they are human or not. Also I statted out my animal companion, as I forgot to before.

The best option now would to be to try to sneak by, and if that doesn't work we should be able to beat them. Belos stared at the guards intently, and wondered what kind of training they had.

Lansier
2008-08-29, 01:35 AM
"It would be better to kill them now, we will only end up having to kill them on our way out anyway." Asger replies with a hint ofanoyance in his voice.

Slamexo
2008-08-29, 04:15 AM
They only appear to be your everyday human small town guards: They're sleeping in their leather armour, and resting besides them are some pikes. They don't appear out of the ordinary.

Kobold-Bard
2008-08-29, 05:52 AM
Haruk

"Agreed, killing them now stops them reporting if they hear anything later on". While speaking he loosened the bindings on his greatsword, but doesn't draw it just yet.

Ipphli
2008-08-29, 06:11 AM
Ximen

Ximen nods, then turns and begins sneaking forward, drawing his dagger as he does so.

Move Silently [roll0]

Assuming I get up to them without waking any, I'll begin slicing throats.

Kobold-Bard
2008-08-29, 06:36 AM
In case Ximen does wake them up I will begin pre-emptive decapitation proceedings.

Slamexo
2008-08-29, 10:25 AM
You sneak over to the incompetent guards, not a single one of them even stirring from their deep slumber. One by one, you end their lives abruptly. As you slice your dagger across the throats of the last soul, he suddenly opens his eyes in shock! Seeing you above him and blood now pouring out of his throat, he barely struggles to his feet, but not a moment later collapses again, dead.

You're now alone in the clearing with the corpses of three innocents in front of you and their blood on your hands.

Ipphli, 20 experience for killing all of them so effectively :smallsmile:

Copacetic
2008-08-29, 04:11 PM
Jorgan cracks a rare smile as Ximen slices the throats effectively. He's a one to watch, alright. Moving forward, Jorgan rifles through the guards pockects.

[roll0]

Slamexo
2008-08-29, 04:52 PM
Searching through the guards' pockets yields nothing; the only items in their possession are the weapons and armour they're currently wearing.

Ipphli
2008-08-29, 05:29 PM
Ximen

Ximen watches the man die, then proceeds to use his shirt to clean off his blade. He, too, searches the guards along with Jorgan. After that, he gestures the others forward. "Now for the fun part gentlemen. Shall we?"

Search [roll0]

Slamexo
2008-08-29, 05:37 PM
You also find nothing on the guards, apart from what's in plain sight.

Moving closer to inspect the array of rubble, you find it's actually a ring around a fairly wide, about five feet, hole in the ground with a rope hanging down, held in place under the rocks and a spike going through the middle.

Dumbledore lives
2008-08-29, 07:44 PM
It'll be best to find out what's down there, I'll go first. Belos decided it would be best to just climb down, he can take anything that's down there. He tried to see what was down the hole.

Spot check
[roll0]

Slamexo
2008-08-30, 04:41 AM
Belos

You can't spot anything down the hole, the only light going in is the light from the sun above you which only seems to illuminate empty space.

Dumbledore lives
2008-08-30, 05:55 AM
I'm going down. Belos starts climbing down the flimsy looking ladder and decides to light a torch when he gets to the bottom, if he can't see anything.
I don't really know if this should be up there, but he will yell if he sees anything.

Incarnum3
2008-08-30, 10:27 AM
Mathias peers down into the depths, then follows Belos down into the pit without a word.

Spot:[roll0]
Climb check (if necessary):[roll1]

Ipphli
2008-08-30, 11:02 AM
Ximen

Ximen glances down the hole as well, then climbs down after the other two.

Spot [roll0]
Climb [roll1]

Lansier
2008-08-30, 11:29 AM
Arges glances at the remains of the guards before following the others down the hole.

Climb Check: [roll0]

Slamexo
2008-08-30, 11:48 AM
It's not a very long climb, barely ten feet; the rope was probably there more for getting out than it was for getting in. As you get to the bottom and light the torch, you hear the sound of bats flying away from you, most likely scared by the light, and down a passage that reaches further than your torch lights up. Behind you is a pile of rubble which after looking at for a brief moment longer can be quite easily depicted as a staircase which has suffered a cave in from above.

Now's the best time to determine marching order please

Ipphli
2008-08-30, 01:16 PM
Ximen

Ximen glances down the tunnel, then back at the others. "So, can anyone see in the dark? No? Then I propose we light a torch or some such and keep together. I'll keep ahead a bit and keep an ear out for trouble. Anyone have a better idea?"

Incarnum3
2008-08-30, 01:23 PM
"I've been training to be a scout since I was a boy. O'course, I'm not used to such cramped spaces, but I can still make my way around. I'd be happy to join you at the front." Mathias takes his bow into his hands, but does not yet notch an arrow to the deadly weapon.

Ipphli
2008-08-30, 03:11 PM
Ximen

Ximen looks Mathias over then shrugs. "Alright by me. But not too sure if that's the weapon you'll want in hand down here. Like you said, cramped and lots of corners. But its your choice. Me, I'll stick with this." He pulls out a mace and taps it in his hand a couple times, a smile on his face.

He glances at the others. "Well, what are we waiting for? Shall we?"

Kobold-Bard
2008-08-30, 03:17 PM
Haruk

Freeing his greatsword Haruk walks across the groups line of sight. "Volunteering my services as meatshield if any are interested" he says not waiting for a response and setting himself up at the front of the group, behind the scouts, sword readied at a 45 degree angle.

Lansier
2008-08-30, 03:53 PM
I am most effective somewhat behind the front lines, I shall bring up the rear. Asger replies while drawing his glaive. Come let us waste no more time here.

Ipphli
2008-08-30, 04:41 PM
Ximen

Ximen nods before turning and walking forward slowly. He stays just outside the light, so as not to ruin his night vision. But mostly he goes by feel and sound.

So move silent, hide, listen, and spot...
MS [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
Listen [roll2]
Spot [roll3]

So i don't see or hear anything, but I'm invisible. Great for you guys behind me :D

Incarnum3
2008-08-30, 05:11 PM
Mathias accepts the advice with a nod, but keeps the familiar weight of the bow in his hands. He had been trained in its use since he could stand, and preferred it to anything else. He did feel the weight of the sword on his back, and was comforted by the back-up option. He followed the rogue, keeping his eyes and ears alert and trying remain as quiet as he could.

Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently:[roll1]
Spot:[roll2]
Listen:[roll3]

And I call myself a scout...

Dumbledore lives
2008-08-30, 06:11 PM
I suppose I'll take the back if everyone else is in the front. Belos readies his short spear, and still has his torch in his off-hand.

Move Silently [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
Listen [roll2]
Spot [roll3]
Well I'm moving very quietly, but can't hear a thing, and can't hide.

Copacetic
2008-08-30, 08:45 PM
Jorgan took up second to rear, and kept his eyes peeled for anyjthing moving in the dark.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Dumbledore lives
2008-09-02, 12:09 AM
Can something happen please? Where is the DM? Sorry if this is against the rules or anything but..

Slamexo
2008-09-02, 04:37 AM
Don't worry Dumbledore, I have been too slow posting this response. Apologies to all :smallredface:

Walking through the darkness, you step through the straight corridor for a short while until Haruk feels the floor disappear under his foot!

KB, reflex save please.

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-02, 04:43 AM
May I just say I think it's very cruel to give the fighter a Reflex save.:smallmad::smallamused:

Anyway Reflex Save: [roll0]

I'll do some RP when I know if I made the save or not.

Slamexo
2008-09-02, 04:48 AM
Here, have some stats to rp with :smalltongue:
You fell through, it's a 10 feet drop, and you take [roll0] damage. No spikes at the bottom.

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-02, 05:15 AM
Haruk

Walking along in the dark Haruk suddenly felt the floor below him move. He then had a horrible moment where time seemed to stop, before the entire floor collapsed. "OH SHI-" was all he could get out before he crumpled. He tried to move backwards to avoid the fall, but wielding a greatsword and carrying about 100 pounds of equipment can make this a bit difficult.

He fell for maybe ten feet before hitting the floor with an almighty clang of metal on stone. Before he tried to move, breathing heavily he blurted out almost gleefully "thank Fistbrough, theres no spikes".

Sitting up he made sure both he and his possessions were unharmed. (You know besides having fallen ten feet onto a solid stone floor.) Cracking his neck he pulled a torch out of his pack and proceeded to light it. "Hey ladies, watch where you step. Now could someone do me a favour and help me out". He then used his new light source to look around the pit he was in.

Looking for any handholds etc, or just anything of interest.

Search: [roll0]

Slamexo
2008-09-02, 05:23 AM
Haruk
Both sides of the pit are pretty rough, you could probably climb it if you put your mind to it.

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-02, 05:34 AM
Sorry for multiple posts but can't put new rolls in an edit.

So stowing my sword and dousing my torch I will make a climb check: [roll0]

Assuing it works I will take out my sword and torch again, relight it and will be looking around more carefully this time.

Spot: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Ipphli
2008-09-02, 06:10 AM
That's funny. I thought me and the ranger were in front too. Oh well.

Ximen starts at the noise and twirls around, bracing for an attack. Seeing and hearing what happened, he chuckles before moving to the edge of the pit. He looks down at Haruk. "Need some help down there?"

Dumbledore lives
2008-09-02, 11:43 PM
Belos wanders over to the pit also, treading carefully. Remembering the rope he has in his bag he lowers it down into the pit. Here's a rope, maybe it'll help.

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-03, 03:32 AM
Haruk

Grabbing the rope and using the uneven wall for footholds Haruk pulled himself out of the hole. Reclaiming his sword and torch he thanked Belos for the help.

Turning to the scouts he asked "did you know that was going to be there"?

Ipphli
2008-09-03, 10:35 AM
Ximen

Ximen glances at the hole, then over at Haruk and shrugs. "Sorry. Missed it in the dark." He turns and begins walking on, not bothering to see if the others are following.

Slamexo
2008-09-06, 05:46 AM
Assuming everyone's following here, no-one's said much otherwise.

As you keep going down the passage, you eventually arrive at a stone wall with a mural laid across it. It depicts a man standing above a series of other beings, coloured variously for each being. In fact, the shape in which the other figures are laid out almost seems to be identical to the layout of the various elemental deities, and the man in the middle is outlined with yellow, as if more powerful than the others.

Haruk Telenor + Mathias Landis
You spot a small hole running up the middle of the wall that seems to go through to the other side.

Lansier
2008-09-07, 10:09 AM
Asger glances at the mural with little interest. "Ahh wonderfull a wall covered in colored pictures, out quest is certainly paying of. Let us continue before I am overcome with awe."

Incarnum3
2008-09-07, 11:33 AM
Mathias nods at the sarcastic comment, continuing through the hole in silence.

Ipphli
2008-09-07, 05:08 PM
Ximen

Ximen moves up to the wall and begins studying it closely, looking for any sign of traps or how to get beyond it.

Search [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-08, 02:54 AM
Is the hole big enough to crawl through? If it is then Haruk will follow Mathias. If not he will probably try to break the wall. If that doesn't work he is stumped and gets bored.

Slamexo
2008-09-08, 03:23 AM
The hole is very thin indeed, about as thin as the hole between two doors. *Nudge nudge*

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-08, 03:42 AM
Haruk

You know, I think the DM is trying to tell me something:smallamused:.

Upon reaching the wall Haruk is decidedly uninterested in the mural. "I hope there's something on the other side of this wall or I might start turning Old Stabby on you lot" he thought to himself. Noticing a thin vertical gap in the middle of the wall Haruk realised (completely on his own) that the wall was in fact two rather large doors.

Looking at the rest of the group, from the looks of it only one of them had noticed. Pointing to the centre of the wall he said aloud "So are any of you going to help me open this or what?" Pleased with himself as the others looked at him puzzled he continued "Oh my mistake, I assumed that you had all seen this huge gap in between the two doors, but apparently not".

Wedging his torch in a gap in the wall he cracked his knuckles and prepared to pull/push the doors apart.

I am assuming that the doors are too heavy to just open on his own, if I am mistaken then replace the last sentence with:
Dropping his torch he carefully wedged his fingers into the crack and pulled/pushed the two halves open.

Slamexo
2008-09-08, 03:18 PM
As you pull at the door, dust crumbles off from the space between it but asides from that the door only budges slightly, being quite stuck indeed.

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-10, 04:45 AM
Haruk

"Well that didn't work" Haruk said, thinking of what to do next. "Ah what the hell".

Reaching for his heavy flail he levelled it with the crack and gave a huge swing at the doors, not entirely sure what he was achieving except making himself feel better.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Ipphli
2008-09-10, 10:12 AM
Ximen

Ximen ducks out of the way. He frowns at Haruk's actions. "If you'd stop for a second, I'll see if I can't find some mechanism to open it. If that fails, then you can beat on it. Okay?"

Copacetic
2008-09-11, 05:45 PM
Jorgan says nothing, prefering to do things a little more subtle. throwing up dust, he begins his search.

lets dust off this thread, eh?

Copacetic
2008-09-11, 05:46 PM
Gorram Razzumfrazzum good-for-nothing roller. [roll0]

Incarnum3
2008-09-11, 08:24 PM
Mathias shakes his head slowly as he watches the failed attempts at bashing the door. Seeing the others take some initiative, he also moves closer to the door, attempting to find someway through.

Search check:[roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-13, 05:34 AM
Haruk

"Sooo, have you geniuses found anything" Haruk asked the group whilst occasionally swinging his flail, casually reminding them of his theory.

Slamexo
2008-09-13, 08:55 AM
Haruk's attack leaves a small dent in the wall, but apart from that it's no less open.

Your search results show nothing; all that's here apparently is the crack in the wall that goes from roof to floor.

Apologies for the delay here :smallredface:

Ipphli
2008-09-13, 10:40 AM
Ximen

Ximen frowns as he begins carefully going over every bit of the wall and the surrounding area.

Take 20 on a Search check, so a 24

Slamexo
2008-09-14, 05:01 AM
Unless anyone else intends to do anything, I'll just jump ahead five minutes.

Ximen's search finds a pair of hinges concealed by dust on both ends of the wall.

Ipphli
2008-09-14, 07:22 PM
Ximen

Ximen points to the hinges. "Found the hinges. Rusted shut most likely." He turns to Haruk. "These you can break."

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-15, 04:44 AM
Haruk

"I dunno" was all Haruk said as he walked over to where Ximen was pointing. He waited just long enough for anyone present to object.

(Assuming no one does)Bracing himself he swung his flail towards the hinges, letting it spin round his head once before contacting the wall, partly to increase the momentum thus increasing the force of the blow, and partly because it just looked cool.

Using the flail to break the hinges.
Strength check to break them: [roll0]

If they don't break then I wil use the swing to deal damage, weakening them for next time.

Slamexo
2008-09-15, 10:51 AM
Haruk's swings smack both of the weakened hinges straight off the wall and onto the floor.

Copacetic
2008-09-15, 08:44 PM
Jorgan pokes his head through the doorway.

[roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-16, 05:27 AM
Haruk

Smiling like a child at the mess he had caused Haruk walks through the doorway, sidestepping Jorgan on his way.

"Yoohoo, anybody in heeere" he calls loudly once in the room.

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 07:10 AM
Ximen

Ximen scowls as Hakur announces their presence. He moves to the side of the tunnel and peers inside.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Incarnum3
2008-09-16, 03:52 PM
Mathias follows the others, trying to remain near the front where his skills can be more effective.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Dumbledore lives
2008-09-17, 04:38 AM
Belos treads near the back, always looking over his shoulder, thinking he keeps hearing things.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Slamexo
2008-09-17, 11:40 AM
Little experience update, everyone gets 100 XP for the pit and the door.

I'd also like to take this oppurtunity to apologise for the little pit mix up, I've got the marching order all clearly listed out for me now so I don't make that mistake again :smallsmile:

Jorgan + Belos
Down the corridor by about 20 feet, you spot a rather largely sized spider, hanging from the ceiling by, what you'd suspect to be, a strand of web.

Dumbledore lives
2008-09-18, 03:44 AM
As Belos spies the hulking monster he readies his short spear and throws it with all his might, then he draws his scimitar, preparing for a fight.

Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-18, 04:07 AM
Haruk

Seeing Belos throw his spear Haruk instinctively replaces his flail with his greatsword and looks towards the spears target. (I assume he sees the spider now).

Seeing the eight legged beast he raises his blade and launches himself at it, regardless of others or traps.

Attack: [roll0]

Incarnum3
2008-09-18, 09:58 AM
Initiative:[roll0]

Mathias reacts quickly as his allies attack, spotting the spider at once. He fits an arrow to his bow, taking careful aim. His motion is fluid, his form perfect. He has been born and bred for this very thing, and is more comfortable with a bow in his hands than in the softest bed.

Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Slamexo
2008-09-18, 11:40 AM
Belos' spear flies smoothly past the spider, who doesn't even move in response.

Haruk reaches the spider unscathed and his blow connects cleanly with the spider, sending two of its legs flying off as well as leaving a large hole in its torso.

Mathias's arrow soars true at the spider, and punctures cleanly into and out of the vermin, which drops lifelessly onto the floor.

Congratulations, you win! 75 XP for everyone!

Dumbledore lives
2008-09-19, 01:42 AM
Belos walks forward and picks up his spear, Maybe I'll hit next time. Belos confidently strides forward and takes up the front, his scimitar held ready, as he enters the next room he looks around and sees if he can hear anything.

spot[roll0]
listen[roll1]

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-19, 01:47 AM
Haruk

"Hahaha, that's more like it" Harin laughed as he wiped the excess blood from his blade onto the spider's corpse. Raising his head he called loudly "So then. Who's next"?

I know I know, but he has a Wisdom of 6. He has the common sense of a 5 year old.

Slamexo
2008-09-19, 11:12 AM
Haruk's yells do not seem to disturb anything at the time.

As Belos walks forwards past the spider's corpse, he finds his movements suddenly halted in the middle of the corridor. In fact, he can't move it all, as his arms are suddenly stuck on the almost impossible to spot spider's web that covers the passage from roof to floor.

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-19, 11:17 AM
Haruk

"Arr mate, ye appear to be a bit stuck. Ye should learn to use yer deadlights a bit more. Anyone got a bit o'magic to free this bilge rat or will I 'ave to cut 'im loose".

Haruk the pirate, for one day only. Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day.
Deadlights = Eyes

Kobold-Bard
2008-09-22, 10:52 AM
Haruk

Since no one used any magic I will assume that no one has any.

"Alright, here we go. Just don't move to much or you might lose a limb".

Attack the webs to snap them and free Belos.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Kobold-Bard
2008-10-03, 08:31 AM
OOC: Anyone going to post? Did I free him from the webs?

Kobold-Bard
2008-11-08, 06:01 PM
Thread officially considered dead.

Farewell Haruk.

(Sorry about three posts in a row)