PDA

View Full Version : 3 E/3.5E Thread : Build A Magocracy!

ArlEammon
2008-08-26, 02:26 PM
I'd like for their to be an effort build a large city from board members contributing PCs and NPCs to an important city that we might play in later. (3 or 3.5 edition D&D )

I really love the "Build a City" threads. But I think it would be neat if the members of the boards would collaborate to construct a Magocratic capital of a wizard land, like a good aligned version of Thay. I'd like the city to start with several thousand occupants already in it, so that we can have established characters and NPCs running around.
One PC class character per 50 population, like in the other threads, sound fine.
So, here's a skeletal format of the city, I'll call it Arakku for now.
City Name: Arakku
Population: 6,000
Ruler: Makius Rhanahl, Lawful good, level 13 wizard
Professions:
3,000 level 2 commoners
1,500 level 3 commoners
750 level 4 commoners
375 level 5 commoners
187 level 6 warriors
93 level 7 Adepts
Important NPCs:
Headmaster Ramus Invictus, CG, Level 17 wizard. He's the highest leveled character in the known country. Some individuals are known to hide out in the wilderness and underground areas of the country known as Lall.

The rest are various level 5 Aristocrats. Noble classes have just been barely established, and PC classes are not counted in the population until the board members introduce them.

City Traits: Arakku is tiny for a nation's capital. It does qualify for a small city, however. Arakku educates students into becoming wise masters of the arcane arts, or at least has a strong desire to do so. The fighting warriors of Arakku are very skilled and experienced, having just fought a civil war. The city is walled, and has unusually fertile soil along the river. The Head Master Invictus'es wish spell ensures that the river will never flood, and another wish spell at the river's source ensures that it produces a bonanza of harvest twice a year. The city lacks very skilled craftsmen, but unusually high level commoners are known for being able to be somewhat good at limited crafts themselves. So far, all known enemies of Arakku and the nation of Lall are gone, leaving the country to rebuild itself.

Agenda: I propose that we begin to construct the citie's Expert, and PC classes to start the thread off.

infinitypanda
2008-08-26, 02:56 PM
Do you want us to just create the level and number of PCs of certain classes off the tops of our heads, or do you want us to roll for it? Also, do you want each person to do a single class of PC, or the whole thing? I humbly request more information.

Yakk
2008-08-26, 03:11 PM
This looks like a 3e thread. You might want to tag it.

Can you link to the previous threads you want this one to look like?

1 in 50 for 6000 is 120 NPCs. Your goal is to create a single-sentence description of 120 NPCs with PC classes?

ArlEammon
2008-08-26, 05:33 PM
No more than 1% of the population may be added to Arraku per week. So I"m saying, Lets add no more than 2 characters to the city per person.

Yakk Re: Build A Magocracy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This looks like a 3e thread. You might want to tag it.

Can you link to the previous threads you want this one to look like?

1 in 50 for 6000 is 120 NPCs. Your goal is to create a single-sentence description of 120 NPCs with PC classes?
Today 07:56 PM
infinitypanda Re: Build A Magocracy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you want us to just create the level and number of PCs of certain classes off the tops of our heads, or do you want us to roll for it? Also, do you want each person to do a single class of PC, or the whole thing? I humbly request more information.

Slowly, I mean, add Non-Player characters to the city. I just don't want to flood the city with NPCs with PC classes.

As for Build a City, its on the Wiz.boards.
I'd also like to add high level NPC classed characters to the city to give it a good flavor.