PDA

View Full Version : CSI: Chicago

Kobold-Bard
2008-08-26, 04:48 PM
I am currently watching CSI: New York, specifically the episode where you find out the identity of the "333 Stalker".

I don't know how long this has been out in America but I think it's new here. During the course of the episode Mack travels to Chicago, in a very similar set of circumstances as the pilots of both the Miami and New York varieties.

I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the creation of a CSI: Chicago, or simply peoples opinions on the idea.

Rare Pink Leech
2008-08-26, 10:09 PM
As far as I can tell from CSI's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI_franchise#Crossovers) wikipedia page, there are no new planned spinoffs. I think I remember rumours from a few years ago of a fourth show, possibly set in Los Angeles or London, but that just might be my brain playing a prank on me.

Personally, I think a fourth show would be plain stupid. I'm pretty sure the Las Vegas one is still one of the most watched shows on television, but they don't want to saturate the market. Didn't Law & Order's ratings go down after they introduce their third series?

Then again, I don't particularly care what happens now. There was a time when I watched all three shows every week, but sometime during CSI New York's second season I stopped watching all three. I think I just got too overexposed. I know there are character and style differences between the three, but essentially it's the same show every week, and I was seeing it three times a week. They just bored me after a while. I might start watching the original (and best) CSI again, or at least catch a few episodes when Laurence Fishburne starts, just to see what happens.