PDA

View Full Version : On the Nature of the Snarl...

Mr._Michael
2008-08-27, 01:26 AM
Pondering odd, useless thoughts... I wondered what would happen if, while fighting the snarl, somebody managed to slice off a little bit of it.

Could it happen? What would happen; or more ominously, what became of it?

Naturally, I'm looking for both silly and serious replies. Rules of Comedy and Plot apply!

krossbow
2008-08-27, 01:59 AM
Ever see the samurai jack prequel?

Theodoriph
2008-08-27, 08:45 AM
Wouldn't someone have actually needed to fight the snarl? :smallsmile: That hasn't happened yet on this world.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what you mean now.

As to your question, "Could it happen?", my answer is, not really. At least, not while it's alive. It doesn't seem to have any real discernible anatomy to target (its number of clawed arms vary, leading me to believe it can create them at will...and the rest of it is just a blob), and so most PCs wouldn't want to take the negatives to attack that come with targeting that specific area of the creature.

"What would happen?"

I say it latches onto an animal or humanoid and becomes an infectious parasite, slowly turning its hosts into beings of pure malevolent chaos. :smallbiggrin: Oh wait...that's not very funny. :smallfrown:

mago
2008-08-27, 09:02 AM
alternativly, what if it was reaching though a rift when it was sealed of? personaly i'd think that..
it would shapeshift into the first thing it saw..
wait some time in a jungle enjoying meat and stew.
be captured by hunters and kept in the dark ever since..

Gamerlord
2008-08-27, 10:00 AM
I say that corruption and chaos would pour out of it, not only causing the place to become slaad-infested but transform anyone without proper protection into mindless, snarl-serving spawn

chiasaur11
2008-08-27, 11:04 AM
I say that corruption and chaos would pour out of it, not only causing the place to become slaad-infested but transform anyone with proper protection into mindless, snarl-serving spawn

Nah. I think the poor saps who get hit would just die.
No mind control.

Mr._Michael
2008-08-27, 04:12 PM
alternativly, what if it was reaching though a rift when it was sealed of? personaly i'd think that..
it would shapeshift into the first thing it saw..
wait some time in a jungle enjoying meat and stew.
be captured by hunters and kept in the dark ever since..That would imply that it would be, oh, child-like and powerful, not necessarily ravenous and chaotic.

Maybe a bad influence from whatever it shapeshifted to. :smallbiggrin: 'swhat I was thinking, too...

Wouldn't someone have actually needed to fight the snarl? That hasn't happened yet on this world.When the world was made... perhaps a snip of snarl was sheared off...?

Just maybe... the MiTD is a raging case of loose threads...

Mastikator
2008-08-27, 04:25 PM
The piece cut off would probably just revert back to its previous state, proto-reality "a formless mass of possible realities, tangled together in a big fat pile".
I'm pretty sure that the snarl is a person, of sorts, and the reason it harms things is because of its hateful chaotic nature, a cut off limb doesn't strike me as something that can be hateful.