PDA

View Full Version : Comic title

zonagy
2008-08-27, 04:12 AM
Hi,

I have a lil' problem with the site: When I view the OOTS comic archive there are titles and serial numbers for every strip, but when I view a strip the title isn't displayed only the number. It's not a big deal, but it annoys the hell out of me.

Best regards,
zonagy

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-08-27, 07:17 AM
Yeah, that's how it works. You only see the title in the archives and on the quick link to the current comic.

It annoys other people, too. But that's just the way it is. :smallfrown:

Ichneumon
2008-08-27, 07:44 AM
The only good way to change it would be to change it in all comics and that would be way too much work.

Charity
2008-08-27, 07:52 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/Images/redesign/Side_Comics_Lit.gif
It says the title right under this sign
Order of the Stick 587 What to Expect When You're Expecting Assassins
It stays there with the comic displayed... though I suppose that is just the most current comics title...
I guess that could be a bit annoying.

NerfTW
2008-08-27, 08:15 AM
The titles are also in the compilations at the bottom of the pages.

It doesn't bother me much, they're usually just bad puns about that strip.

zonagy
2008-08-28, 02:02 AM
The only good way to change it would be to change it in all comics and that would be way too much work.

Well, the titles are probably in the database because they're displayed in the archive. I doubt that everytime a new strip is created, someone puts a new line in, it's more likely that the archive page is generated dinamically. So it would be just a few lines of code to display it on the strip itself.

Harlan
2008-08-29, 10:17 AM
It's not a big deal, but it annoys the hell out of me.

It doesn't bother me much, they're usually just bad puns about that strip.

it's definitely not "annoying" but actually, i like the puns, the worse the better, and i think too, it would be great to have them on top of every comic page.

so, plaese GIANT, include the titles!

and i hope it's not too much work, just some lines of code