PDA

View Full Version : hobgobs

xelliea
2008-08-27, 04:58 PM
we are under atack form loads of hobgoblins and i have been on 1hp more than a few times how do i evade them, we are wanted (we are first level and i am the only healer) 1st edition rules so far 20+ hobgobs
i am a cleric and i have a monk and a fighter in the party and we are only traveling.

Ganurath
2008-08-27, 05:00 PM
Can you be more specific?

Dr Bwaa
2008-08-27, 05:04 PM
Can you be an awful lot more specific? We don't even know what system you're in, not to mention who and where you are, how many there are of you or them, if you have allies, if they have allies, what classes you are, and so on.

Gorbash
2008-08-27, 05:05 PM
Hide behind a tree and hope for low spot checks.

Spiryt
2008-08-27, 05:06 PM
Move to the less Hobgoblin populated area?

Seriously, what's the point of such questions? :smallannoyed:

Lappy9000
2008-08-27, 05:12 PM
we are under atack form loads of hobgoblins and i have been on 1hp more than a few times how do i evade them, we are wanted (we are first level)

Kill them because they're evil and look different than you, and take their stuff.

Spiryt
2008-08-27, 05:14 PM
Kill them because they're evil and look different than you, and take their stuff.

Crush them, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!

Greenfaun
2008-08-27, 05:24 PM
Well, without knowing anything about the situation, the first question is:

"Is your DM trying to kill you?"

If s/he is, then you're screwed. Find a new DM.

If s/he isn't, then s/he has a plan to make this fun for you. Maybe running away from the hobgoblins is the right answer. Maybe getting captured by the hobgoblins will move the plot forward. Hopefully you won't be rescued at the last minute by the uber-awesome DMPC who's way more powerful than all of you put together, because that's a horrible cliche and an almost-certain precursor to being stuck following the DMPC around for several sessions (if not a campaign) occasionally stabbing a stray orc or polishing the DMPC's shiny armor of awesomeness.

Good luck! :)

Prometheus
2008-08-27, 05:37 PM
Seriously hobgoblins are the hardest thing ever. Run for your life and don't look back. Take what you can and leave during the night so that they find your teammates first. That might buy you enough time to make it to the nearest town to enjoy the simply pleasures of prosititutes and alcohol before your imminent death catches up with you.

LibraryOgre
2008-08-27, 05:53 PM
Well, hobgoblins are smallish, with floppy ears. Fortunately, you don't have to worry about psionics from them, or more than basic priest spells... unless they've got a witch, can cause problems. They're also pretty resistant to psionics, for all that they can't use them. You also have to watch out for cobblers... hobgoblins hang out with goblins, so your GM might throw somea t you.

However, they're fairly slow; if you can avoid being surrounded, most of your party should be able to outrun them.

You are playing Palladium Fantasy, right?

RagnaroksChosen
2008-08-27, 06:14 PM
I smell trolls....

bosssmiley
2008-08-28, 04:07 AM
I smell trolls....

Ah! Set the trolls on the hobgoblins, that might slow 'em down for a bit. Ingenious...:smallamused:

ghost_warlock
2008-08-28, 04:44 AM
we are under atack form loads of hobgoblins and i have been on 1hp more than a few times how do i evade them, we are wanted (we are first level)

I told you to take Chicken Infested! You wouldn't be in this situation right now if you could fling flaming chickens at the hobgoblins; everyone knows they love flame-broiled chicken!

xelliea
2008-08-28, 05:52 AM
Move to the less Hobgoblin populated area?

Seriously, what's the point of such questions? :smallannoyed:

they are hunting us:smallfurious:

xelliea
2008-08-28, 05:56 AM

as an elf i hate them and i hate them anyway, but i am neutral

ZekeArgo
2008-08-28, 06:06 AM
as an elf i hate them and i hate them anyway, but i am neutral

Just give up. There's no way a party of 3 will survive against 20 hobgobs, so just surrender and hope the DM isn't out to kill your PCs. If he is, you'll die anyway, and if he isn't, it'll advance the plot to a challenge you can actually succeed against.

xelliea
2008-08-28, 06:12 AM
Just give up. There's no way a party of 3 will survive against 20 hobgobs, so just surrender and hope the DM isn't out to kill your PCs. If he is, you'll die anyway, and if he isn't, it'll advance the plot to a challenge you can actually succeed against.

that would be great normaly:smallmad: we are on wanted postered, however mmmmmm.... i am not good so maybe we can help them (or maybe I can help atleast:smallamused::smallamused:)

Gorbash
2008-08-28, 06:32 AM
Dude, first of all, what do you exactly want us to say? You haven't told us anything, yet you expect some advice? Not to mention it's pretty lame to ask advice on a campaign you're playing in, since you're playing, not whole of the GITP gaming forum, and most of people who wrote in this topic just made fun of you anyways, so you can at least make your posts sensible if nothing else.

kamikasei
2008-08-28, 06:43 AM
Okay.

What system are you playing? D&D 3.5, D&D 4e, something else?
Who are the characters involved? What are their classes, races, abilities etc.?
What exactly is happening? There are hobgoblins after you - who are they (hired mercenaries, the army of the BBEG, the local police, a tribe offended by some transgression)?
Where are you? What's the setting like? What's the immediate area like? Have you any resources or allies you can draw on?
Why are you being hunted? Who has posted these wanted posters?
Shouldn't you be figuring something out with the other players instead of asking us for help?