PDA

View Full Version : Green Foot/Brown Foot

Blood
2006-09-17, 06:17 PM
When there are posts in a forum that have gotten there since your last visit to it, the foot next to the forum is green. When there aren't any new ones, it's brown.

I quite often use this to tell me whether I should check a forum for new stuff or not. But recently I've found a bug. It only has happened so far to the same forum - the OOC forum for Finding Characters for a PbP. Sometimes, when I look at the foot, it's brown, even though I know there's new posts because sometimes it's still brown after a whole day; and I know lots of people post there, so it's practically impossible for that to happen.

And this happens to me all the time.

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-17, 06:37 PM
I think its more brownish personally.

Anyway, right now it's green to me and it seems to be working right. What browser do you use?

Blood
2006-09-17, 06:42 PM
Fixed it.

I use Internet Explorer.

Hmm, wait... Actually, I think I may have figured out what's happening. I just tested it, and it worked. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Dragon_Rider
2006-09-17, 07:00 PM
Well, don't hold us in suspense... what fixed it?

Blood
2006-09-17, 07:07 PM
There was nothing wrong. It was simply a shortcut I had been using that caused me to "check" the forum, therefore causing the foot to be brown.

Basically, I use the drop-down menu to switch forums, and if I want to refresh the forum, I sometimes use it - but because I can't click on the same forum to refresh it, I scroll up-and-down fast enough to not change forums, but to refresh the one I had scrolled to. :P