PDA

View Full Version : Pikmin, a question.

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-27, 07:59 PM
So I was playing pikmin today, and wanted to know something from those who have beaten the game and gotten to the wistful wilds: the final dungeon, the dream den has one floor with several of those mortar attacks, as well as a ton of the small bulorbs. Is it possible to beat this level even? I'am fairly good at pikmin, but I cannot beat this floor for the life of me.

Also, this is a place to discuss pikmin in general.

burninnapalm
2008-08-27, 08:22 PM
i was never able to beat it either... so i dont know...

Volug
2008-08-27, 08:59 PM
Like both.

Never beaten either, nor bought.

I AM buying Pikmin 3 when it comes out, and it was announced that they are making one!

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-27, 08:59 PM
I know, it's great news!
@V The emperor? Aye.
I was suprised when it appeard, and barely beat it in time.

Calvin33
2008-08-27, 10:41 PM
I beat pikmin 1

It was hard

There's this big monster at the end

You have to use all your pikmin againist it

Enlong
2008-08-27, 11:45 PM
I beat pikmin 1

It was hard

There's this big monster at the end

You have to use all your pikmin againist it
Oh my, Emperor Bulbax. I remember him. I never was able to bomb him without sacrificing the Yellows entirely, though. Apparently it's possible to get them to throw the Bombs just as he slurps to make him eat just the rocks.

Man, do I ever wish I had a copy of Pikmin 2. But now it's gonna be real hard to find one, since they don't make 'em anymore. I rented it once and really liked what I saw.

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-27, 11:51 PM
Do you live in a fairly large city?
Then look at used game stores, or maybe the internet.

chiasaur11
2008-08-28, 11:45 AM
Oh my, Emperor Bulbax. I remember him. I never was able to bomb him without sacrificing the Yellows entirely, though. Apparently it's possible to get them to throw the Bombs just as he slurps to make him eat just the rocks.

Man, do I ever wish I had a copy of Pikmin 2. But now it's gonna be real hard to find one, since they don't make 'em anymore. I rented it once and really liked what I saw.

Man, it is awesome.
Good multiplayer, great single player, a challenge mode...

Managed to beat everything. Still haven't perfect cleared every challenge mission, but hey.

Oddly I got bored with the first one after one failed attempt to collect 30 before the 30 days were up.

Jibar
2008-08-28, 11:52 AM
I can't play Pikmin.
If I play for too long I get horrible nightmares of the ghosts of Pikmin getting their revenge.
I know it sounds silly, but I really start to care for the little guys.

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-28, 11:56 AM
I know what you mean.

I was only about 8 when it came out, and was horrified whenever a pikmin died....

Imagine my distress when I saw my brother's horde of 100 being slaughterd by the bulblax on his first try..

Calvin33
2008-08-28, 12:37 PM
I know what you mean.

I was only about 8 when it came out, and was horrified whenever a pikmin died....

Imagine my distress when I saw my brother's horde of 100 being slaughterd by the bulblax on his first try..

That would really suck

Actually, my Dad got addicted and and wasn't able beat the last level on day 29, so I had to do it on day 30, I beat him with full health and crowned myself Pikmin Emperor!!! then I saw all the other Pikmin onions saying bye, it was really sad.

Salty
2008-08-28, 02:07 PM
Like both.

Never beaten either, nor bought.

I AM buying Pikmin 3 when it comes out, and it was announced that they are making one!

Do you have a source? It sounds awesome, but I don't want to get too excited over a rumor.

EDIT:Found it

Spirit300064
2008-09-20, 12:21 AM
Cool! a pikmin 3? that sounds fun!:smallbiggrin:

idksocrates
2008-09-23, 06:29 PM
That would really suck

Actually, my Dad got addicted and and wasn't able beat the last level on day 29, so I had to do it on day 30, I beat him with full health and crowned myself Pikmin Emperor!!! then I saw all the other Pikmin onions saying bye, it was really sad.

I beat Emperor Bulbax just as the sun went down on day 29. Day 30 i just marched back and picked up the final peice.

I think i beat Pikmin 2, but i barely remember it, and i don't think i went into the whistful wilds.

Texas Jedi
2008-09-24, 08:24 AM
I love both of those games. I had to give up finding all thirty pieces the first go around because I couldn't beat bulbex with about 400 or so pikmin. The second try I got 29 pieces in 22 days so I spent the last 6 days or so just leveling up my pikmin. By the end of the game I had over 1200 or so pikmin of different colors with more than half being flower topped ones.

I think Bulbex killed about 500 or so Pikmin before I brought him down.

I really liked Pikmin 2 though but not as much as the first one. I liked the strategy of limited number of days involved.

I did like the inclusion of the dungeons though. That had some great strategies involved. I was happy when I cleared most of the dungeons. Heck, I don't even think I rescued Louie after beating the game. I might have to go back and try that over again.

:smallredface:Sorry for the "or so"'s in my post this has been almost 3 years since I picked up either game. Still rank up their as my favorites of all time though. :biggrin:

Is there any easy way to get purple pikmin? I can't remember the dungeon that has the transforming flowers in it.

AlterForm
2008-09-24, 04:31 PM
IIRC, you could grind the first (maybe second?) dungeon of the first area you land in for 15(?) purple pikmin per run.

BanjoTheClown
2008-09-24, 07:48 PM
I played Pikmin once. I couldnt never get past that water level.
:smallsmile:

Albub
2008-09-24, 08:51 PM
My brother lost our copy of pikmin 2. It wasn't the first time I made him cry, and it certainly wasn't the last, but it's my first memory of making him cry solely using verbal abuse.

Moose Fisher
2008-09-24, 08:58 PM
Ahh Pikmin, such an innocent game. Exploring, collecting spaceship parts, caring for the little guys. The game is beautiful and idyllic....

Until you discover Pikmin (and you), are the bottom of the food chain! Beetles that fire boulders, snakes with bird heads, toadstools that convert Pikmin into its loyal followers, bugs that eat bridges, bugs that steal Pikmin, EMPEROR BULBEX, and countless other creatures!

Pikmin is cruel, uncaring, and I miss playing every second of it.

(Burrowing Snagrets... The Horror... The Horror!:smalleek:)

Inhuman Bot
2008-09-24, 09:08 PM
Have you played pikmin 2?

Some of those things... Make the tomb of horrors look pleasent!:smalleek:

Moose Fisher
2008-09-24, 09:23 PM
Have you played pikmin 2?

Some of those things... Make the tomb of horrors look pleasent!:smalleek:

Not all the way, but did encounter the Waterwraith.

The thing is on STEAMROLLER wheels, and it chases me through the dungeon?!
Forget the company, I want to LIVE!

AlterForm
2008-09-24, 09:27 PM
Bulblax. That is all.

Texas Jedi
2008-09-25, 12:27 PM
In the first Pikmin game I always lost more pikmin to the stupid frogs. I would send a bunch to kill it and the pikmin would try valiantly to hold it down but to no avail. It would jump and squish about 20 or pikmin that were dazed.

I think I lost more pikmin to those stupid yellow-green, and white-gray frogs than any other non boss type character.

In Pikmin 2 I hated the monsters that turn roll up into a ball. I lost more pikmin in a dungeon to one of those because it came from a direction I wasn't looking at. I had to restart the whole level because it killed almost 60 pikmin in one roll. I was avoiding the ones that shoot the rocks out and got hit from behind.

Xefas
2008-09-25, 01:55 PM
I beat Pikmin 2, but its been so long, I don't recall the details of the level that Slaanesh is talking about in the original post.

However, I do have a question of my own. Did anyone else ever try actually fighting with Olimar/Louie? After you get the armor and damage upgrades for their suits, you can actually solo many of the enemies in the game with just your captain.

I found myself often leaving Louie at the beginning of a dungeon level with all my Pikmin to keep them safe, then running through with Olimar, slaughtering all the monsters with him before proceeding so that I would be sure to have all 100 Pikmin for the boss fight. (Not that it's really necessary)

I know that it kind of defeats the main fun factor of the game, but after dozens of hours being merely the puppetmaster, it was a novel change being the brawler for once.

Inhuman Bot
2008-09-25, 04:24 PM
On fighting with Olimar and Louie: that was a regular tactic of mine, but the rocket punch wasn't as amazing as it was supposed to be...

And Moose, I was more thinking of the robotic spiders armed with rapid fire rocket launchers, the huge dwevil (Emphasis on the evil!) that had a flamethrower, water cannon, shock arm and poison hose, or maybe the Raging long legs (Think a bigger, black version of the spider in the forest navel in pikmin 1!), and possibly the snagrat the leaps out of it's hole to chase and eat you and your pikmin!

Moose Fisher
2008-09-25, 09:04 PM
The Long Legs never bothered me, they were fun as long as your pikmin didn't get too distracted with the legs.

Snargets were also fine, if you can fight them one at a time.
In the Forest of Hope (Pikmin 1 area) there is a part hidden in an area that you need blue pikmin to open up. Guess what? The part's inside a Snarget with TWO friends backing it up!:smallfurious:

Inhuman Bot
2008-09-26, 01:02 PM
Really?

hen I encounterd the rager, I was playing a mulitplayer game in the VS mode.

I was sneaking olimar and his crew along.. and...

ROAR!!!!

It slams down and attacks!

I was so frickin scared, I dopped my controler, then ran olimar back and hid until my opponent killed the bastard >.<

My artistic rendation of it:

-*-
| () |
| |
L L

It's scarier then that >.>

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-04, 06:08 PM
UPDATE ON PIKMIN 3:

IT. IS. A. PORT. OF. PIKIMIN. 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:furious:
*RAGE*!

A PORT! A BLOODY PORT! OH. EM. GEE!!!

Oh, and it's called pikmin: Enjoy with wii.

WELLL THANKS, NINTENDO!:smallfurious::smallmad:

Geno9999
2008-10-04, 06:30 PM
UPDATE ON PIKMIN 3:

IT. IS. A. PORT. OF. PIKIMIN. 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:furious:
*RAGE*!

A PORT! A BLOODY PORT! OH. EM. GEE!!!

Oh, and it's called pikmin: Enjoy with wii.

WELLL THANKS, NINTENDO!:smallfurious::smallmad:

sir, think of your blood pressure... I, a poor person who can't seem to find Pikmin at GameStop, would like to see this game in action (by that, I mean Me playing it.) Hopefully there will be extra stages or something to give players of the original a second look.

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-04, 07:28 PM
NEEEEVERR mind.

Pikmin 1 and 2 are being remade, but pikmin 3 is also coming out, or so says gamesradar.
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/have-new-announcements-redeemed-nintendo/a-2008100214027781079
In theory.

IF not:

WHO CARES ABOUT BLOOD PERSSURE! I'AM NOT IN THAT DAMNED ADVENTURE GAME!

If you get that, you can have a months worth of cookies.

EDIT: Oh, and Geno, nope. It pretty much a repackage.

Wreckingrocc
2008-10-04, 07:54 PM
Everything in Pikmin 2 is possible. About a month ago, me and my brother finally beat challenge mode... With all perfects. We'd beaten every level except the man-at-legs battle two years ago (with perfects), but finally sat down and beat it. It wasn't Louie's Dark Secret that made it worth it... It was the fact that we'd beaten it... It was HARD.

Just watch out for the titan dweevil on the final floor. He's hard. Not as hard as beating the man-at-legs without losing any pikmin, though.

EDIT: I pwnd Emperor Bulblax (Lost 20 pikmin total, I think) on my second try when I replayed through the game about two months ago. I think I took 18 days total.

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-04, 08:34 PM
Yeah, the man-at-legs If bloody crazy.

Myself and my brother still are trying to beat it >.>

Wreckingrocc
2008-10-04, 08:49 PM
Have one of you with all of the pikmin. Use the person with none stay close to the MaL and run in circles to distract it and save the pikmin. If the sprays are used at the same time and the pikmin are thrown right, the MaL can be killed in two rounds between shots.

Geno9999
2008-10-05, 08:07 AM
NEEEEVERR mind.

WHO CARES ABOUT BLOOD PERSSURE! I'AM NOT IN THAT DAMNED ADVENTURE GAME!

If you get that, you can have a months worth of cookies.

EDIT: Oh, and Geno, nope. It pretty much a repackage.
THAT IS SO IT!!!!!!! NINTENNNNNNDO! THIS IS LAME, NAY, BEYOND LAME, AT LEAST SHADOW DRAGON HAS MORE STUFF THAN THE ORIGINAL! MAKE PIKMIN 3 FOR THE LOVA*BOOOOP!*

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-05, 09:40 AM
Well, it does have the words "Enjoy with Wii" in it, as a bonus feature.
:smallyuk::smallmad:

See my next post, however.