PDA

View Full Version : image issue

RandomNPC
2006-09-13, 09:13 PM
ok, i can not see the comic "on the map" i tried some of the things that never work like closing the web page and coming back, and i tried things that normally do work, like manual re-loads with ctrl + F5.

i beleive the problem is on my end, as when the giant has issues i find a post saying something along the lines of one of two things. 1: hey its broke! 2: i know stop e-mailing me. (yes the giant says it much better than i)

so any sugestions? i think i broke the internet....

Lilly
2006-09-13, 09:17 PM
Try viewing it with a different browser. It helps localize the problem if you try that first.

RandomNPC
2006-09-13, 09:38 PM
this is going to show kjust how little i know about the internet, but how do i go about doing that?

(dont blame me the signifigant other demands nothing but aol)

Lilly
2006-09-13, 09:44 PM
Oh dear. I think someone with more technical ability and patience than me needs to tell you how to do that.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-09-13, 09:44 PM
this is going to show kjust how little i know about the internet, but how do i go about doing that?
View it wtith another browser: Your browser is the program that you use to surf the Internet. Sometimes there is a bug that prevents one browser from properly displaying a page while other browsers have no problem. Try looking at the comic with a different program than the one you usually use.

i.e. If you normally use the program Internet Explorer to visit Order of the Stick, try to use Netscape. Or try Firefox. Or try Safari (if you happen to be a Mac user).

Chances are your computer may have actually come with several of them already installed. If not, you can get most of those browsers for free. Just Google their names.

RawBearNYC
2006-09-14, 09:25 AM
One of my pet peeves is when people tell me something's not working, but the fail to say HOW it's not working.

What are you seeing instead of the comic?

Do you see anything when you follow this link? http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/9vvwJxIpZDlmor3huhY.gif

Zherog
2006-09-15, 12:50 AM
I'll file that little tidbit away for future reference, RawBear. You never know when knowing your pet peeves could come in handy. ;)