PDA

View Full Version : Friends List

Vaniel
2006-09-09, 01:35 PM
I thought of something cool that could help me, and maybe other people on the forums.

How would a "Friends Online" feature do on the forums?

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-09, 01:38 PM
...you can already see who's online and who's not at the bottom of the main forum. Just check the profiles of people you consider on your 'Friends List' and they're highlighted.

Sneak
2006-09-09, 01:41 PM
But then you have to follow a separate link for each, and it's usually just time consuming and not worth it.

I agree with Vaniel. It really would be a great idea, especially for PbP and the like.

Vaniel
2006-09-09, 01:42 PM
...you can already see who's online and who's not at the bottom of the main forum. Just check the profiles of people you consider on your 'Friends List' and they're highlighted.

I know, but it's annoying still ;) Since they don't stay Highlighted forever, and always have to click on their nick again and again.

Lilly
2006-09-10, 09:43 PM
This is not Livejournal, nor is it Myspace. If you want a feature like that, use one of those. This is a forum and the closest you'll get is highlighting people's names and using the who's online box.

HempRope
2006-09-10, 10:25 PM
Ow! That's a bit... harsh.

Vaniel
2006-09-10, 11:08 PM
This is not Livejournal, nor is it Myspace. If you want a feature like that, use one of those. This is a forum and the closest you'll get is highlighting people's names and using the who's online box.

I don't use those, just thought it might have been useful is all... :-/ :-X

Zherog
2006-09-11, 07:58 AM
Man. Lilly used to be nice. What did you guys do to her? :P:P :P :P :P

HempRope
2006-09-11, 10:13 AM
Yeah, if that's what modding does to you, remind me to never answer a PM from the Giant.

Not like I was gonna get one, anyway, but... ya know...

Ego Slayer
2006-09-11, 10:32 AM

...Sorry, I kind of agree. I'm just fine with clicking the names. Doesn't the internet history determine how long they stay highlighed?

*ducks for cover incase objects get thrown at her*

HempRope
2006-09-11, 10:39 AM
Oh, I agree, I was just.. taken aback at the vehemence of the response.

Rawhide
2006-09-11, 10:39 AM
Ah, the problem with text based communication.

I don't believe Lilly intended it to be harsh in any way myself (in fact, I'm almost sure she didn't), she was just stating the facts.

Charity
2006-09-11, 10:52 AM
*throws stuff at Ego*

Not that I disagree, just it looked like you were expecting it.

Keep a PM from each of your mates go to inbox voila instant list.

*chucks stuff at Raw cos I like it*

Lilly is a big softie, she means you no harm lil campers.

(don't tell her I said this or I'm a dead man)
#

*bonk* Ow what was that for [he says innocently]

Ego Slayer
2006-09-11, 10:58 AM
Mmm, I didn't really get as much vehemence as I did fact. *shrug*

*catches an object and chucks it back at Charity*

Blood
2006-09-13, 09:27 PM
Since they don't stay Highlighted forever, and always have to click on their nick again and again.
Actually, they stay highlighted for quite long enough. I use this to an extent, and it always makes me mad when I click on one by accident, because then I have to stare at their username for the next month (yes I think it lasts that long) or so.

Lilly
2006-09-13, 09:40 PM
To get names to stay highlighted longer you need to change how long pages stay in your history.

In Firefox: Go to Tools. Select Options from the drop menu. Select Privacy from the tool bar at the top. Click on the History tab. Change the setting to a crazy large number.

In Internet Explorer: Go to Tools. Select Internet Options from the drop menu. Make sure the General tab is selected. ((It was the first one open on mine, but it could be different based on what you did with it last)). The last outlined section is history. Change the number to something crazy large.

Rawhide
2006-09-13, 11:43 PM
Actually, they stay highlighted for quite long enough. I use this to an extent, and it always makes me mad when I click on one by accident, because then I have to stare at their username for the next month (yes I think it lasts that long) or so.
Just go to your history and delete the link to the unwanted visited username.