PDA

View Full Version : The story of fekul

tieto
2008-08-28, 11:16 AM
Fekul Ka was a normal human born in a normal village until the age of three. At that age his village was invaded by a band of deep halflings. After that he was abandon in a swamp where he survived till his twenty's. By that time he was well fed, fit and a barbarian ranger with a +1 flaming frost great axe and a +1 shock great axe:smallconfused:. A few years after Nelmer Budgenen Bulk, a gnome that was trying to get together an adventuring party. He found Fekul and Arkro Galakiir and the party was formed.

Tormsskull
2008-08-28, 11:18 AM
"And that leads me to my next point kids, don't smoke crack."

tieto
2008-08-28, 11:22 AM
what was that

insecure
2008-08-28, 11:25 AM
what was that

He says that you're misssing your point with this thread.

Duke of URL
2008-08-28, 11:27 AM
what was that

Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking about the OP. (Though with proper capitalization and punctuation.)

Burley
2008-08-28, 11:37 AM
I've been noticing the rise in "What?" threads lately. I think somebody has tainted the water of the cyberstream.

Anyways, I assume you're wanting advice on your character. First) Clean it up. Second) Where in a swamp is he getting these weapons? Third) The story sounds more like an introduction to the gnome.
Also, it says he "survived till his twenty's" and then met the gnome. Did the gnome kill him? Because surving until some event or time means that you stop surviving until that event or time.

nagora
2008-08-28, 11:53 AM
Also, it says he "survived till his twenty's" and then met the gnome. Did the gnome kill him? Because surving until some event or time means that you stop surviving until that event or time.
Actually, "survived till his twenty's" doesn't mean anything, if you really want to be pedantic. "Twenties", on the other hand would indicate that he died as you say.

Prometheus
2008-08-28, 11:54 AM
Maybe he wanted us to continue the story...

Nelmer Budgnen Bulk, a city merchant, was far away from his comfort zone, there in the empty wilderness swamp. Nelmer didn't really excel in wilderness survival, or any of the typical adventuring traits, but he if there was one thing nice that could be said about old Bulk, it's that he knows and opportunity when he sees one. If Nelmer could simply tame this beast of a man, he would have a powerful force on his side. Who knows what a wielder of heavy axes could be needed for. If Fekul was only moderately talented and stubbornly savage, he introduce him to the gladiator stadiums and see how much booking money he could earn off of the novelty. It might be useful to have him increase the value of some of his wilderness properties by blazing trails and rooting out the creatures that inhabit them, but Nelmer promptly remembered the folklore of the rat infestation that was replaced with a cat infestation and so an so forth. If this guy is really a legend, it would be an impressive tool to match the military might of a couple noblemen who believe they can push old Bulk around because of his lack of "security". As Fekul gave a wide crooked-tooth grin, Nelmer Budgen Bulk saw this as the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

chiasaur11
2008-08-28, 12:01 PM
Actually, "survived till his twenty's" doesn't mean anything, if you really want to be pedantic. "Twenties", on the other hand would indicate that he died as you say.

Maybe he's saying he survived until, in some way, he gained possesion of D20s?

Vexxation
2008-08-28, 12:04 PM

Well, "surviving" could refer to his quality of living. "Until his twenties he survived; having met that gnome and become an adventurer, he began at last to truly live."

Sinfire Titan
2008-08-28, 02:18 PM
I've been noticing the rise in "What?" threads lately. I think somebody has tainted the water of the cyberstream.

Anyways, I assume you're wanting advice on your character. First) Clean it up. Second) Where in a swamp is he getting these weapons? Third) The story sounds more like an introduction to the gnome.

Actually, it means we are currently swimming in the shallow-end of the Gene Pool.

Gorbash
2008-08-28, 02:36 PM
Well, "surviving" could refer to his quality of living. "Until his twenties he survived; having met that gnome and become an adventurer, he began at last to truly live."

Are you seriously implying that a person who wrote the OP could have thought of that? I mean, just look at it, it's one big sentence without sense.

Fekul Ka was a normal human born in a normal village

So far, so good.

until the age of three

He was born until the age of three? His mother's pregnancy lasted for 3 years or what?

at that age his village was invaded by a band of deep halflings

Deep halflings...? There are deep halflings? And why would they invade anything? They're supposed to be jolly!!!

after that he was abandon in a swamp

So, deep halflings kidnapped him from his village went to a swap and left him there, that makes sense.

where he survived till his twenty's by that time he was well fed

Since swamps are so lush with life and tasty food.

and a barbarian ranger with a +1 flaming frost great axe and a +1 shock great axe

Just lol.

A few years after a gnome that was trying to get together an adventuring party

And we all know that swamps are just teeming with adventurers.

Seriously man, what the hell? I thought I've seen it all when I watched that Miss Teen USA, but you can show that girl some moves.

Vexxation
2008-08-28, 02:42 PM
Are you seriously implying that a person who wrote the OP could have thought of that? I mean, just look at it, it's one big sentence without sense.
Well, no, of course not. I'm just giving a reasonable rationale for ever stating that.

PnP Fan
2008-08-28, 03:21 PM
hmm. . . I'm really torn about this.
On the one hand, I want to say that the person who wrote this is probably a youngster (who needs to practice his grammar and spelling), and that we should probably just ignore his post instead of making him the target of derision.

On the other hand, I wonder if the resemblance between Fekul and fecal is intentional.

<sigh>

Gorbash
2008-08-28, 03:58 PM
On the other hand, I wonder if the resemblance between Fekul and fecal is intentional.

I was thinking the same thing, but I thought I was imagining things. :smallbiggrin:

BobVosh
2008-08-28, 04:12 PM

Seriously man, what the hell? I thought I've seen it all when I watched that Miss Teen USA, but you can show that girl some moves.

I loled hard at this whole post.

Zeebiedeebie
2008-08-28, 04:14 PM
ATTENTION! DUNGEON MASTER EXPLAINATION

What he is talking about is a recently dead character's past. The character was really annoying, and eventually they killed him. This was an attempt to tell everybody what happened, but he got distracted before he could write the next part. He will now continue.

Gorbash
2008-08-28, 04:18 PM
The character was really annoying

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/Gorbash/Funny/MasteroftheObvious.jpg

He will now continue

Does he really have to?

ocato
2008-08-28, 04:19 PM
Fekul Ka was a normal human born in a normal village until the age of three at that age his village was invaded by a band of deep halflings, after that he was abandon in a swamp where he survived till his twenty's by that time he was well fed, fit and a barbarian ranger with a +1 flaming frost great axe and a +1 shock great axe:smallconfused:. A few years after a gnome that was trying to get together an adventuring party, he found Fekul and taht gnomes name, was Nelmer Budgnen bulk.

Fekul Ka was born to normal parents in a typical human village. Then, when he was three years old, his village was invaded by a murderous band of maverick 'deep halflings', who had been raiding nearby villages for months in an attempt to stock their subterranean burrows with food and supplies. During the attack, his mother, wounded but still clinging to life, escaped with young Fekul into a nearby swamp. Despite her gallant attempt, the strain of moving quickly and carrying the child was enough to cause her to succumb to her wounds and collapse, leaving poor Fekul alone in the dangerous wild with no one to care for him. Fekul, able to walk clumsily at this age, wandered the swamp as best he could for many days without food or fresh water. Being a child, he eventually stopped to drink from the swampy marsh, and quickly grew ill as a result. The affects of the poisonous swamp water caused poor Fekul to develop a deadly fever, and he wandered the swamp in delirium for many more days before finally passing out. When he awoke, he was in a makeshift tent, being watched over by a mysterious old man wearing feathers and skins. Fekul had been recovered by a secretive tribe of swamp-dwellers, led by an aging witch doctor named Halla Uh'donna. Thanks to the magics of Uh'donna, Fekul made a full recovery, and, as Uh'donna assumed the child was abandoned in the swamp due to being unwanted, was allowed to join their tribe. There, he was raised and learned the mysterious ways of the swamp-dwellers, including their warrior code. When Fekul came of age, he was trained as one of the tribes Barbarian-rangers, unstoppable in combat and dauntless in pursuit of any who may pose a threat to the tribe's secrecy. Then, when Fekul had reached manhood and grown strong and proud, Uh'donna took him aside and told him that he was not born of the swamp-dwellers and that his destiny would lead him elsewhere. Uh'donna gave him an ancestral weapon, a +1 Shock Greatax, and told him to leave the tribe and find his own way. Fekul was saddened to go, but knew it was for the best, and left the swamp heading towards the nearest major city. On the road, he met with a traveling merchant, a small gnome named Nelmer Budgnen Bulk, who was headed in the same direction. However, Nelmer's journey had stymied due to reports of bandits along the road. Fekul, angered at the prospect of honorless thieves attacking the weak, decided to help Nelmer, and they began their journey together down the yellow brick road.

MammonAzrael
2008-08-28, 04:24 PM
I believe it is our duties and Playgrounders to bring this character to life.

May I present...Fekul Matir Ka (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=78385)!

Zeebiedeebie
2008-08-28, 04:25 PM
Look, it's not my fault. He's the one who wrote it. By the way, I think we should leave this thread before it collapses from having no point.

BobVosh
2008-08-28, 04:26 PM
Fekul Ka was born to normal parents in a typical human village. Then, when he was three years old, his village was invaded by a murderous band of maverick 'deep halflings', who had been raiding nearby villages for months in an attempt to stock their subterranean burrows with food and supplies. During the attack, his mother, wounded but still clinging to life, escaped with young Fekul into a nearby swamp. Despite her gallant attempt, the strain of moving quickly and carrying the child was enough to cause her to succumb to her wounds and collapse, leaving poor Fekul alone in the dangerous wild with no one to care for him. Fekul, able to walk clumsily at this age, wandered the swamp as best he could for many days without food or fresh water. Being a child, he eventually stopped to drink from the swampy marsh, and quickly grew ill as a result. The affects of the poisonous swamp water caused poor Fekul to develop a deadly fever, and he wandered the swamp in delirium for many more days before finally passing out. When he awoke, he was in a makeshift tent, being watched over by a mysterious old man wearing feathers and skins. Fekul had been recovered by a secretive tribe of swamp-dwellers, led by an aging witch doctor named Halla Uh'donna. Thanks to the magics of Uh'donna, Fekul made a full recovery, and, as Uh'donna assumed the child was abandoned in the swamp due to being unwanted, was allowed to join their tribe. There, he was raised and learned the mysterious ways of the swamp-dwellers, including their warrior code. When Fekul came of age, he was trained as one of the tribes Barbarian-rangers, unstoppable in combat and dauntless in pursuit of any who may pose a threat to the tribe's secrecy. Then, when Fekul had reached manhood and grown strong and proud, Uh'donna took him aside and told him that he was not born of the swamp-dwellers and that his destiny would lead him elsewhere. Uh'donna gave him an ancestral weapon, a +1 Shock Greatax, and told him to leave the tribe and find his own way. Fekul was saddened to go, but knew it was for the best, and left the swamp heading towards the nearest major city. On the road, he met with a traveling merchant, a small gnome named Nelmer Budgnen Bulk, who was headed in the same direction. However, Nelmer's journey had stymied due to reports of bandits along the road. Fekul, angered at the prospect of honorless thieves attacking the weak, decided to help Nelmer, and they began their journey together down the yellow brick road.

You forgot his +1 Flaming Frost great axe that he dual wields due to oversize two weapon fighting and the witch doctor being small.

ocato
2008-08-28, 04:29 PM
Yes, I forgot that in the same way I forgot to pound a nail through my hand this morning.

Zeebiedeebie
2008-08-28, 04:34 PM
OH MY GODS! THIS IS NOT A "CONTINUE A STORY" THREAD! IT IS A STORY ABOUT THE MURDURED PARTY MEMBER, TOLD BY THE PERSON THAT PLAYS NELMER IN THE CAMPAIGN. STOP ROLLING UP CHARACTERS AND TELLING THE STORY. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A STORY ABOUT FEKUL, DO IT IN SILLY MESSAGE BOARD GAMES.

*Breathes deeply*

chiasaur11
2008-08-28, 04:50 PM
OH MY GODS! THIS IS NOT A "CONTINUE A STORY" THREAD! IT IS A STORY ABOUT THE MURDURED PARTY MEMBER, TOLD BY THE PERSON THAT PLAYS NELMER IN THE CAMPAIGN. STOP ROLLING UP CHARACTERS AND TELLING THE STORY. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A STORY ABOUT FEKUL, DO IT IN SILLY MESSAGE BOARD GAMES.

*Breathes deeply*

Or...
we could do it here. Here is fine too.

Gorbash
2008-08-28, 04:52 PM
THIS IS NOT A "CONTINUE A STORY" THREAD!

Actually, we all interpreted it as a "Make fun of poorly* written and spelled story" thread.

*I'm being generous.

UglyPanda
2008-08-28, 04:52 PM
Dude, cut back on the yelling. So what if the thread is derailed, it's not like it had a point in the first place. It was a fragment of an ill-written backstory without any context or questions to the board. You post crap, you get crap in return.

So, Fekul Matir Luvin Ka Stra Ted Boi needs to be an NPC in somebody's campaign sometime. We need to make this so bad it's good (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SoBadItsGood).

Gorbash
2008-08-28, 04:57 PM
Kinda hard since it's so bad, it's horrible (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlew9bltta3dv6n?from=Main.SoBadItsHorrible).

AKA_Bait
2008-08-28, 04:59 PM
Or...
we could do it here. Here is fine too.

Indeed, threads become what they become once released into the wild.

I'll admit, I did think we were probably be a little harsh on the OP. Continuing the story seems better than continued bashing...

Roland St. Jude
2008-08-28, 05:21 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Continuing stories belong in SMBG or Arts & Crafts depending on its seriousness. I'm not really sure what this thread is supposed to be about, but I'm locking it before it degrades further into madness.