PDA

View Full Version : the title of #588 im so drerunk

Branco
2008-08-28, 05:59 PM
whatever,

with the titell does richard buel allude to the fact that you hgave to say the last name of a demon to take control of him or wtf does he mean with it because its actually a comic about the teeth of that dog of jackie chan i dont understand

Chazzie
2008-08-28, 06:04 PM
Er... I think I understand what you meant.

The title of the comic I think refers to Argent's name- Someone else mentioned that Argent means Silver (What language, I don't remember).

I'm not quite sure what you were talking about when you mentioned Jackie Chan though. :smallconfused: Are you referring to Hinjo?

aapje
2008-08-28, 06:06 PM
What a nice topic you have made sir!

Anyway the name of the dog is Argent which means silver (from the Latin word argentum)

Edit: A ninja being ninja'd? What has the world come to? :smallyuk:

Branco
2008-08-28, 06:16 PM
oh what a nice and funny misunderstanding^^

this topic is ****ing done too

teratorn
2008-08-28, 06:32 PM
The title of the comic I think refers to Argent's name- Someone else mentioned that Argent means Silver (What language, I don't remember).

Argent is actually an English word, meaning of silver or silver-coloured, widely used in literature, in particular in poetry. You guys don't read enough.

Chronos
2008-08-28, 06:37 PM
Or in heraldry, for that matter, though in that context it just means "white".

Greg
2008-08-28, 06:39 PM
Argent is actually an English word, meaning of silver or silver-coloured, widely used in literature, in particular in poetry. You guys don't read enough.
Latin, as aapje said. English is derived from latin.

Lunaya
2008-08-28, 06:45 PM

Us WoW nerds are familiar with an organization called the "Argent Dawn". Hey! Now the name makes sense. :smallamused:

Trazoi
2008-08-28, 06:53 PM
Or in heraldry, for that matter, though in that context it just means "white".
I thought of heraldry as well with "argent". It sort of means white, but it does represent silver. You've got to separate out the "colours" (red/gules, blue/azure, green/vert, purple/purpure, black/sable) on your arms with "metals" (white/argent for silver, yellow/or for gold), so that colours can only touch metals and vice versa.

So I guess Hinjo's coat of arms feature azure and argent?

teratorn
2008-08-28, 07:01 PM
Latin, as aapje said. English is derived from latin.

Yes, as aapje said the root of the word (argentum) is Latin, but argent is a good old English word borrowed from French (where it means silver and also money).

Estelindis
2008-08-28, 07:06 PM
Yes, as aapje said the root of the word (argentum) is Latin, but argent is a good old English word borrowed from French (where it means silver and also money).
If you don't mind me pointing this out: French got the word from Latin. :smallwink:

EDIT: I have just seen you point this out in the main comic thread... :smallsigh: Well, now, don't I feel foolish? :smallredface:

T-O-E
2008-08-28, 07:41 PM
whatever,

with the titell does richard buel allude to the fact that you hgave to say the last name of a demon to take control of him or wtf does he mean with it because its actually a comic about the teeth of that dog of jackie chan i dont understand

What? Are you a troll account?

Helanna
2008-08-28, 07:45 PM
What? Are you a troll account?

That or drunk! Although with trolls it can be hard to tell . . .

teratorn
2008-08-28, 07:49 PM
If you don't mind me pointing this out: French got the word from Latin. :smallwink:

EDIT: I have just seen you point this out in the main comic thread... :smallsigh: Well, now, don't I feel foolish? :smallredface:

Well, to tell the truth I think that if we want to trace it back we need to go the greek argyros (silver).

Roland St. Jude
2008-08-28, 07:59 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Drinking + Posting = :confused: