PDA

View Full Version : [Powers] I had time on my hands...

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-28, 09:29 PM
Paradox Shift
Psychoportation [Teleportation]
Level: Psion/wilder 6
Display: Mental
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./level)
Target: One creature; see text
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: Will half; see text.
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 11

With a twisting sensation in your gut time itself roars...

You cause one being in range to shift back and forth in time if they fail their will save, creating multiple paradoxes until time folds in on itself. The resulting temporal explosion hurls the target forward in time up to 1 round for every manifester level you have as the Time Hop power. The target and those within 20 feet automatically take 6d6 points of damage the first round and then again when the target reappears. If those affected the first round have moved out of range by the time the target reappears they are unaffected by the secondary damage.

Augment: For every 2 power points you spend this power deals an additional 1d6 points of damage to a maximum of 10d6. If the power is augmented by even 1 power point past dealing 10d6, instead of dealing damage the being's shifting, if he fails his save, causes a momentary rift in time, instantly killing the target. All those within 20 feet must succeed on a reflex save or also be sucked in and killed as well.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Temporal Phase
Psychoportation
Level: Psion/Wilder 9
Display: Auditory and visual
Range: Personal
Target: you
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Power Points: 17

You momentarily freeze in place and then disappear...

You move the tiniest fraction out of phase with normal space-time. To normal senses, and even True Seeing, you simply vanish, though you can still see normally except everything has become indistinct and acquires a purple tint. You also automatically pass through objects as if you were incorporeal, but are even unaffected by energy and force effects.

While your temporal phase is in effect, other creatures and objects are invulnerable to your attacks and powers. This means you cannot target a creature with any attack or power. Even powers you manifest that affects an area and has a duration longer than the remaining duration of your temporal phase are ineffective. If you are within a solid object at the end of the duration you are shunted to the nearest unoccupied space. You are undetectable by any means aside from Temporal Witness while you are out of phase.

Augment: If you spend 2 additional power points, you can manifest this power as an immediate action.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Temporal Witness
Clairsentience
Level: Psion/wilder 6
Display: Visual
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Power Resistance: Yes (harmless)
Power Points: 11

Your eyes move about, creating a strobing effect as they scan time...

You confer on the subject the ability to see abnormal fluctuations in time. For example the subject can view those who occupy the same space, but move in time.

During a Time Hop you see the affected remaining perfectly still physically but moving forward in time as you do. If you however are the subject of Time Hop you witness everything that occurs as you move forward, in the blink of an eye. You are capable of seeing everything done by a being using the Temporal Acceleration power or Time Stop spell. One who has temporarily moved off from the main time line using the Split Stream power is also viewable, though you only see him and his actions, not their consequences or the effects of their actions; even items picked up from the alternate stream remain invisible, and if they open a door and walk through it in their time line if it remains closed in yours you cannot see them. It appears as if they simply walked through it.

This sight only extends out to one's normal vision limits. Being able to observe others through this powers does not allow them to be targeted with any powers or spells.

Special: If you are using The Demented One's Rules of Time Travel this power also allows you to perceive 'time duplicates'.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Timelocked Sight
Clairsentience
Level: Psion/wilder 5
Display: Visual
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Power Resistance: Yes (harmless)
Power Points: 9

Your eyes alight with a bright purple spark...

Your sight proceeds along with the flow of time during which the power was manifested even if you physically move forward or backwards in time from that point. Your sight moves spatially as you do. If you teleport you now see the new destination, but as it was during your previous temporal frame of reference.

For example, if you manifest Timelocked Sight and then manifest Time Hop to go 10 rounds in the future your sight continues on as if you had not moved forward in time. You witness everything that occurred during those 10 rounds and onward from the moment of manifestation. If you then teleport away you still see from 10 rounds in the past, but within the new locale.

You may switch between your normal sight and timelocked perspective at will.

The Demented One
2008-08-28, 10:07 PM
Like them. If you want Mahogany to have any of these new ones, feel free to swap 'em out for any power you haven't used yet, by the way, since they fit him like a psionic glove.

EDIT: Okay, bit more in-depth analysis.

The augments for Paradox Shift are a bit much. Having it be an area-of-effect save or die for just one more pp makes it significantly better than most other save or dies. I think it'd make a bit more sense for it to read like this:

Augment

For every 2 power points you spend this power deals an additional 1d6 points of damage to a maximum of 10d6. In addition, if you spend at least two additional power points, then when the creature returns, it must make a Fortitude save or be sucked into a temporal rift and die. If you spend at least six additional power points, then all creatures within 20 ft. of the subject when it returns must also make a Reflex save or be sucked into the rift as well, dying. Even if a creature succeeds on its save to avoid being pulled into the rift, it is still damaged.

Temporal Witness looks to have far too high a level. I'd drop it down to about 4th level, or maybe drop it to 6th and extend the duration to 24 hours.

Timelocked Sight should probably let you switch your point of view from the present to the timelocked perspective. It could also stand to have its level reduced to somewhere around 4th, I think.

dyslexicfaser
2008-08-29, 01:08 AM
Neat-o.

Very apropos of our new game.

What is this 'Demented One's Rules of Time Travel' business? Sounds like something I should read.

EDIT: Typo in the last spell; 'Time Hope'.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-29, 09:37 AM
The augments for Paradox Shift are a bit much. Having it be an area-of-effect save or die for just one more pp makes it significantly better than most other save or dies. I think it'd make a bit more sense for it to read like this:
I had meant that if you spent 1 power point past the maximum damage augmentation. Meaning at 20th level you can augment it to kill folks.

Temporal Witness looks to have far too high a level. I'd drop it down to about 4th level, or maybe drop it to 6th and extend the duration to 24 hours.
Well, except even True Seeing is 5th level. Should be equal to that I'd think. 24 hours for 6th works for me though.

Timelocked Sight should probably let you switch your point of view from the present to the timelocked perspective. It could also stand to have its level reduced to somewhere around 4th, I think.
I like the idea of switching the point of view, but 4th level seems a bit low...

The Demented One
2008-08-29, 10:00 AM
What is this 'Demented One's Rules of Time Travel' business? Sounds like something I should read.

You'll find out soon enough, I just filled Tribble in on parts to help with the powers.

I had meant that if you spent 1 power point past the maximum damage augmentation. Meaning at 20th level you can augment it to kill folks.

Oh, I see, that makes much more sense. Yeah, that's perfect.

Well, except even True Seeing is 5th level. Should be equal to that I'd think. 24 hours for 6th works for me though.
Sounds good.

I like the idea of switching the point of view, but 4th level seems a bit low...
The uses this power has, though, are pretty limited. For most psions they'd only ever be able to use it in conjunction with the time hop power, which is a neat utility but definitely not on par with other 7th level powers.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-31, 06:07 PM
A point. Have adjusted.