PDA

View Full Version : Keylogged

Kool-Aid
2008-08-29, 01:41 PM
Yesterday I was turning on my computer, and when it came on, either before or just after the log-in screen it said it was updating something. It came out as keyreg.(something was after that), I googled the code and keylogging is one of the first things to come up, was google right or was it a harmless update? If it is, how do I get rid of it?

I hear this kind of thing happens to WoW players alot and I don't want it taking my account information or anything else important.

mangosta71
2008-08-29, 01:47 PM
Run AdAware. It's a free download if you don't have a copy.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-08-29, 03:45 PM
what antivirus do you have?

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-29, 05:30 PM
Results for "keyreg" on Google lead to a program that keeps track of who has what keys in a business (why not just use a spreadsheet?) and various CD key cracking utilities. I don't see any that would be a keylogger, certainly not in the first results.

Holammer
2008-08-29, 06:17 PM
If you had an actual keylogger. It wouldn't advertise itself so you wouldn't know about it. But just to be safe, run ad-aware and spybot too if you're the *really* paranoid type. Better yet, make a fresh install of windows.

Friend of mine was just keylogged in WoW a few days ago. He had most of the stuff returned but 2k gold is unaccounted for and from our personal bank that we share, we're missing a stack of primal mana and some primal fire. Plus every random enchant blue we had turned into "Of stamina".
Scared yet? good, you should be.

Kool-Aid
2008-08-30, 12:10 AM
Alright I had a friend come by and check it out and he didn't find anything harmful, thanks for the help!