PDA

View Full Version : oots stats

xelliea
2008-08-29, 04:29 PM
what are the stats for the oots

Staven
2008-08-29, 04:32 PM
What you're looking for is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61354).

Kaytara
2008-08-29, 04:33 PM
You might want to see the Class and Level Geekery Thread III about that. It's on the front page.

EDIT: Ninja'd. XD

Spiryt
2008-08-29, 04:41 PM
what are the stats for the oots

Aside from what folks above said, no one really knows certainly.

It's not like they're stated clearly somewhere in the comic, and not like the comic is constantly and pointlesly true to the rules.

AKA_Bait
2008-08-29, 04:43 PM
Aside from what folks above said, no one really knows certainly.

It's not like they're stated clearly somewhere in the comic, and not like the comic is constantly and pointlesly true to the rules.

Indeed, but insofar as the really curious among us can get, the link above to Class Levels and Geekery is it.

Occasional Sage
2008-08-29, 07:19 PM
Rich outlined the way he saw the off-stage fight of Miko vs OotS going, which has or implies some rather concrete stats. Other than that, it's surmise from things that might or might not have been said/done/shown for comedic effect.

Pretty accurate surmise, though. *tips imaginary hat*

Chronos
2008-08-29, 07:47 PM
Aside from what folks above said, no one really knows certainly.Well, Rich probably does. He's stated that he will never tell us the character sheets, but that does not necessarily mean that he doesn't have them in his own notes. From how consistent he's stayed, it seems very likely that he does have such sheets.

FujinAkari
2008-08-29, 08:04 PM
Well, Rich probably does. He's stated that he will never tell us the character sheets, but that does not necessarily mean that he doesn't have them in his own notes.

Actually, he does rather strongly imply that he refuses to give them actual stats. From the F.A.Q:

There are no hard-and-fast stats for the characters. I find that if I were to ever commit exact stats to paper, I would feel limited in what I could have these characters do in the future. For example, I might want to make a strip spoofing a particular feat, only to find that I didn.t give it to any of my characters. As a result, there will never be official game statistics for Roy, Elan, and the rest. As a rule of thumb, I tend to think of them as being around 7th-9th level or so; powerful enough to have a bunch of different storytelling options, weak enough that I can justify them running away from anything I throw at them.

((Note, the 7th - 9th level no longer applies, but was their level when they were in the Dungeon of Durokan))