PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Bioshock Plasmids.

Durp
2008-08-29, 06:06 PM
I don't know if anyone else has made a thread like this, but i love Bioshock and i thought it'd be cool to invent plasmids like this. Whether you've played it, or watched it being played. Post.

I personally have two ideas.

#1. Boiling water. You shoot it on to big daddys and splicers and whatnot, and it burns.

#2. Anthrax.

Icewalker
2008-08-29, 06:26 PM
Well, this is an awesome idea.

Hmm...

Hard, they covered the basic elements pretty well. You know, fire, lightning, frost, bees...

Maybe some kind of force push type thing. That'd be interesting. Shove em into water then hit em with the shock plasmid.

Setra
2008-08-29, 06:28 PM
Meteors.

Don't ask how that would work, it just does.

Durp
2008-08-29, 06:29 PM
They have telekenises. but its on a smaller scale. I wonder if i spelled that right.

Hehe. Bees.

Crispy Dave
2008-08-29, 06:30 PM
the fooderizer it turns whatever you use it on into food that others in the areas who are hungry come and eat

Jibar
2008-08-30, 01:54 AM
Maybe some kind of force push type thing. That'd be interesting. Shove em into water then hit em with the shock plasmid.

Actually they have that in there with the free update on the 360.
Sonic Boom. 1 ADAM.
Unfortunately broken, as it's one of the best weapons in the game.

My idea: Vampire Grip. Get up close to someone and grab 'em to then drain some health from them. Upgraded versions would let you take EVE as well.

Icewalker
2008-08-30, 04:11 AM
My idea: Vampire Grip. Get up close to someone and grab 'em to then drain some health from them. Upgraded versions would let you take EVE as well.

Oooh, that's awesome. Maybe something you can shoot that makes them hugely magnetic, pulling nearby metal into them and making most shots curve towards them.

Myshlaevsky
2008-08-30, 04:13 AM
I'd go for Infravision or X-Ray Vision. Lights up the enemies and items, even through walls, for a little while but burns down your EVE.

Emperor Ing
2008-08-30, 06:23 AM

that's kind of what the sonic boom plasmid is. It's DLable on Xbox live marketplace, for the low price of absolutely nothing!
And they're remarkably cheap in-game too. Like, 1 adam?

I'd like to see an energy field plasmid. Hold the fire button, and suddenly, you're immune to attacks from all enemies visible on your screen. The longer you hold the fire button, the more your eve gets drained. Release the fire button, and it sends the energy field flying in a straight line, pushing anything stupid enough to get in its way out of its way.

Durp
2008-08-30, 01:42 PM
I had a new idea. Spidersilk. You shoot it, and it either envelops them, or smothers them. Don't know what your veins would look like....

alexeduardo
2008-08-30, 01:45 PM
I had a new idea. Spidersilk. You shoot it, and it either envelops them, or smothers them. Don't know what your veins would look like....

awesome.

Maybe a ramming ability? make your head strong for a few seconds so you can deal a lot of damge to a single enemy?

overkill for splicers, but quie useful against BDs

Archonic Energy
2008-08-30, 01:57 PM
invisibility.
it slowly drains your EVE whilst in use

Increased endurance
it makes you take alot less damage but drains your EVE

Acidic urine
... actually nevermind

RAID Virus
it kills everyone... DEAD.
may need some gameplay balalnce

Setra
2008-08-30, 02:02 PM
Magic Missile

alexeduardo
2008-08-30, 02:05 PM
Acidic urine
... actually nevermind

Well, it would be a serious problem. Since, y'know, the city's waterways have all blown up.

Now that I think about it, all this time the protagonist has been walking around in urine!

Emperor Ing
2008-08-30, 02:43 PM
invisibility.
it slowly drains your EVE whilst in use
Isn't that what the Chameleon plasmid is?

Increased endurance
it makes you take alot less damage but drains your EVE
Huh?

Acidic urine
... actually nevermind
No comment

RAID Virus
it kills everyone... DEAD.
may need some gameplay balalnce
Huh? Again.

Here's an idea. A plasmid that resurrects dead splicers, and make them follow you and defend you. However, no matter how much eve you have total, one use of it drains all your eve, assuming you have a full gauge.

alexeduardo
2008-08-30, 02:47 PM
Here's an idea. A plasmid that resurrects dead splicers, and make them follow you and defend you. However, no matter how much eve you have total, one use of it drains all your eve, assuming you have a full gauge.

I think there's one to do that with big daddyos. I've never found it, though.

but still, splicers are prety much useless. Unless they sneak up on you they can die by being hit in the chest with a wrench

Durp
2008-08-30, 02:59 PM
I think there's one to do that with big daddyos. I've never found it, though.

but still, splicers are prety much useless. Unless they sneak up on you they can die by being hit in the chest with a wrench

It's called hypnotize big daddy.

But the choice thing makes it so your either a combination of Hitler and Skeletor, or mother teresa. -Ben (Yahtzee) Croshaw

you can only get hypnotize big daddy if you're mother teresa.

The Orange Zergling
2008-08-30, 03:19 PM
Feedback - Deals damage to the target based on how many enemies are nearby (So, like, if the targeted Splicer was the only one in the radius, he would take X damage, but if there are 3 Splicers around then the targeted splicer would take X*3 damage and so on).

Purgatory - Wraps the target in a clear bubble, preventing them from moving or shooting outside of the bubble for a short time. Explosives used near or inside the bubble do not penetrate the bubble, so for example a Nitro Splicer would likely kill himself with his own grenades. It should be noted that this applies to everybody; thus you cannot shoot things inside the bubble and cannot move through it.

Premsyl
2008-08-30, 03:43 PM
Maybe something like blink in World of Warcraft, A plasmid that teleports you 20 feet forward. Or more variations on the Frozen Field tonic that apply different types of elemental damage and effects to wrench strikes. I like the idea of vampiric plasmids too. Draining health or eve from enemies would be great.

Does anyone remember the trailer for the game where Jack (the protagonist) used telekinesis to pick up an item, attach proximity mines to it, and launch it at an enemy? That would be cool.

alexeduardo
2008-08-30, 04:07 PM
But the choice thing makes it so your either a combination of Hitler and Skeletor, or mother teresa. -Ben (Yahtzee) Croshaw

Dude, that reminded me of the "Choice!" picture.
I think you know which one I'm talking about

Archonic Energy
2008-08-30, 04:07 PM
Isn't that what the Chameleon plasmid is?

i guess that's one Plasmid i never used! :smallamused:
and since you are confued...

Increased endurance
Example: Splicer A attacks you.
Eve drops moderatly, Health is unchanged
you shove a spike through him.
here enduth the lesson

RAID Virus
Example: you activate Plasmid
Everything Dies
you sit around bored but at least you won't be killed by a Splicer!

Acidic Urine
Example: you urinate over splicer
splicer melts.

stop hitting yourself
Example: you hit splicer
Splicer starts slapping themselves uncontrolably
you laugh

Morph into Ultralisk
does what it says on the tin syringe

They're not so tough
you hit spilcer
Splicer heads off to nearest Big Daddy & attemps to kill it
you get a beer & watch

Emperor Ing
2008-08-30, 04:11 PM
i guess that's one Plasmid i never used! :smallamused:
and since you are confued...
Dude, you have no idea what you're missing! :smallamused:

Increased endurance
Example: Splicer A attacks you.
Eve drops moderatly, Health is unchanged
you shove a spike through him.
here enduth the lesson
hmm...:smallamused:

RAID Virus
Example: you activate Plasmid
Everything Dies
you sit around bored but at least you won't be killed by a Splicer!
LAAAME!! :smallannoyed:

Acidic Urine
Example: you urinate over splicer
splicer melts.
Dude....

stop hitting yourself
Example: you hit splicer
Splicer starts slapping themselves uncontrolably
you laugh
:smallamused:

Morph into Ultralisk
does what it says on the tin syringe
HELL YES!!! >:D

They're not so tough
you hit spilcer
Splicer heads off to nearest Big Daddy & attemps to kill it
you get a beer & watch
I could be wrong, but isnt that what an Enrage plasmid supposed to do?

alexeduardo
2008-08-30, 04:25 PM
or even better...
morph into protoss
(!!!)

Setra
2008-08-30, 04:26 PM
or even better...
morph into protoss
(!!!)

Morph into Space Marine

Emperor Ing
2008-08-30, 04:38 PM
Morph into Space Marine

If the character is capable of shrugging off bullets and a Bouncer's drill, doesnt that ALREADY make them a space marine?!

Durp
2008-08-30, 05:26 PM
Yet they only get 1 wound. (Warhammer 40k refrense)

EDIT: Oh wait, youre talking about starcraft.

Setra
2008-08-30, 05:34 PM

Actually I was talking about WH40K

Emperor Ing
2008-08-30, 05:36 PM

you're the second person I know today to get Terran and Space marines confused.

There's a stark difference. One sucks and gets raped by zerglings, the other one, even a Titan would think twice before raping

Setra
2008-08-30, 05:41 PM
you're the second person I know today to get Terran and Space marines confused.

There's a stark difference. One sucks and gets raped by zerglings, the other one, even a Titan would think twice before raping
To be fair, Terrans do have units called Marines.

And they ARE in space.

And the earlier topic was Ultralisk/Protoss.

Stormthorn
2008-08-30, 08:27 PM
I want what the hudini's use to teleport and what the spiders use to climb. For me its all about more effeciant movement.

40k fanboy spotted...

Deploying relativistic cannon...

Durp
2008-08-30, 11:27 PM
We're slightly drifting from the main idea.

Emperor Ing
2008-08-31, 04:54 AM
Here's an idea! A plasmid that makes the wrench not suck! :smalltongue:

Cubey
2008-08-31, 04:59 AM
You mean Wrench Jokey or Wrench Lurker? Or maybe both, for a total of +750% wrench damage?

EDIT: Not counting that you can stack Wrench Jokey and Wrench Jokey 2 for a total damage of "kills everything but Big Daddies in 1 hit". Wrench sucks alright... :smallamused:

Emperor Ing
2008-08-31, 05:08 AM
For me, at least, stacking wrench jockey 1+2 = A wrench that is somewhat moderately usable.

Dumbledore lives
2008-08-31, 05:19 AM
You know, I think they had a teleport plasmid, but it screwed up gameplay too much, as it allowed you to get into places you weren't supposed to be in, and it would have a lot of glitches if it was implemented, getting stuck in walls and such. See here (http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Teleport)for more info. Though it would have been awesome. Another cool one would have been telekinesis but stronger. It would use up a lot of EVE but you could use it to throw splicers, and even big daddies about. It would be epic, maybe you had to find it in a secret place, or make it only usable after one play through.

Stormthorn
2008-08-31, 04:35 PM
Here's an idea! A plasmid that makes the wrench not suck!

That would be nice. The wrench can be crazy powerful, but not without some work.

PLEASE, consider the following:

Jocky(both), Lurker 2, Frozen Field 2, and Static Discharge 2.

1100% damage increase with an extra 20 points cold damage and a 1/5 chance of freezing plus you shock anyone who hits you back so you can zap-em-and-whack-em without casting anything if you have to.

Then on the physicals go bloodlust and sportboost (1 and 2) and natural camo (so you can always get the lurker damage bonus).

Then lvl 4 damage research with the bouncer.

That brings you up to 950% (1150 VS unaware or shocked opponents) damage+ 20 with freezing chance and self heal on hit at 175% attack speed. And static discharge.

So if you zap em or let your static do it for you, and then go to town, your doing over 2000% the base wrench dps.

--Storm-ny, the Death God guy

Mc. Lovin'
2008-08-31, 04:53 PM

Hmmm ...

Level 3, some kind of spider web which covers a dorway or something? Less eve than electro shock, as you can get caught in it, and it is weak to big baddie's charge, fire and explosions

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-31, 05:01 PM
I want a plasmid that lures Splicers to an area.
That way I can Chamelelon up, lure, and then wait to get my friggin amazing +1000% damage, strongest-weapon-in-the-game wrench out and go to town.

Silly Chameleon only owrking when you're not moving.
It is, however, very useful for hiding from security bots. The sheer number I've hacked by getting spotted on purpose, camo'ing up, and hitting the hack button when they flew close is staggering.

Then I hacked the camera.

SurlySeraph
2008-08-31, 05:30 PM
See, a lot of these are good ideas, but I don't think any of them can beat a magical hand that shoots bees.

Stormthorn
2008-08-31, 06:13 PM
How about a hand that shoots Christopher Walken?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-31, 06:13 PM
See, a lot of these are good ideas, but I don't think any of them can beat a magical hand that shoots bees.

This is the part where I admit I didn't like the bee plasmid.
I used it once. In the actual bee room.
I found it ineffective, and let it rot in my gene bank. Thats a slot I could be using for something useful.
Like setting things on fire.
Or telekinesis.
Or shocking and paralyzing machines (so I can hack them).

Also, despite my self-professed love of hacking, I never really bothered to acquire many mechanical tonics. I had useful things instead.
Like my +5 Badass Wrench.

Randel
2008-08-31, 07:11 PM
Never actually played the game, but a few ideas:

EVE Leech-
Drain EVE from enemies, or perhaps the corpses of enemies. One of the early plasmids used on the Little Sisters.
"Feeling low on energy? Let a friend give you a boost!"

Recycle-
Dissolves certain things like corpses or broken security devices to get more loot from them.
"Remember: An item made is an item earned!"

Time Burn-
Slows down time around you, letting you move at super speed. Uses up lots of EVE.
"Late for that big date? Stop the clock to get there on time!"

Force Field-
Creates a disk of force in front of you that you can shoot through but blocks incoming attacks
"An ounce of protection is worth a pond of cure!"

Inertia-
Increases your mass so that you can charge through enemies.
"DaDaDaDaDum! Chaaarge it!"

Call Security-
Calls two security bots out to protect you.
"When trouble strikes, call Rands Robots for that bit of help you need."

Reverse Gravity-
Reverses gravity in an area, useful to send landbound enemies flying into the air or to let you walk across the ceiling to avoid the floor.
"When life gets you down, turn that frown upside down!"

Waterbreathing-
Breath under water... just escape from the place.
"Remember: Living in a city under several miles of water has its risks, don't let a leaky roof drown you to death and compress your corpse into a mangled ball the size of a common household sponge. Its just common sense."

Purify-
Infect splicers with an experimental virus that was supposed to turn them back into normal humans. Nullifies plasmid-based powers for a while.
"Is splicing sickness ruining your day? Honest Joes Purifying Elixir will put you right back to normal! (Warning: Side effects may include vomiting, diarrhea, shedding skin, mutation, loosing teeth, more mutation, swelling eyeballs, triple mutation, death, even more mutation, undeath, mutating mutation, spontaneous combustion, and loss of sexual appetite. Consult a doctor if mixing Honest Joes Purifying Elixir with other plasmids or gene tonics. In the event of ingestion, consult a mortician.)"

Chlorophyll-
Regain health and eve by standing in the light. Perhaps you also need to stand in water, could also let you breath when the oxygen is shut down.
"Oxygen bills getting you down? Add atmosphere to any room with Chlorophyll!"

Stormthorn
2008-08-31, 08:11 PM
"Oxygen bills getting you down? Add atmosphere to any room with Chlorophyll!"

I lol'ed. I really did.

I want the fourth level upgrades for the elemental ones (the stuff Fontaine uses on you).

I want one that makes your arms erupt into a mass of tentacles that attack the splicers. It would be an expensive 'continous fire' ability that randomly impales (as crossbow), bashes (as shotgun) or throws (as Cyclone trap) any splicer in a wide arc in front of you and then changes its attack type every second or two. It would also pull Spider Spicers off the ceiling if you aim upward and it would detonate mines and trip wires without you getting hurt.

SurlySeraph
2008-09-01, 09:11 PM
How about a hand that shoots Christopher Walken?

*rolls off couch laughing*

Bravo, my good man. Bravo. You win a cookie.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-09-01, 09:44 PM
I liked all of Randels ideas. And if you are reading this, then stop immediatly and go buy the game. You wont regret it. :smallbiggrin:

Also the tentacles. Me likey tentacles. But I think instead of doing damage and all that random stuff, they should just be some form of limited telekinesis, which instead of only working on objects, can work on enemies too. You have basic control of your grabbed foe, but it will move and thrash in random directions sometimes on its own accord, making it difficult to do anything too precise. You also coulden't thrust people like normal telekinesis. This would be your plasmid you would use when you wanted to set off traps, or just put enemies in really awkward positions, like off the balcony on a drop of 50 feet. Maybe some continuous crushing damage too. Higher levels would offer more tentacles, but less control.

And kind of off topic, but I've heard that Bioshock 2 has been anounced awhile back? I'm curious to see what other people think it will be about. I personally dont see much happening after what you did in the first one, but can see maybe a prequel to when your character shows up. Maybe you are playing as some guy in Fontains "army" or such. Or maybe one of Ryans spliced up goons. I would like to see what really happened at that party...

Emperor Ing
2008-09-02, 03:51 AM
I liked all of Randels ideas. And if you are reading this, then stop immediatly and go buy the game. You wont regret it. :smallbiggrin:

I'm regretting it. :frown:

Lord of Rapture
2008-09-02, 04:30 AM
I'm regretting it. :frown:

HOW DARE REGRET BUYING BIOSHOCK!:smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2008-09-02, 04:35 AM
HOW DARE REGRET BUYING BIOSHOCK!:smalltongue:

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun game. Really awesome gameplay, and the graphics were superb
But I can score the Replay Value, a 0 out of 10.
There's just no reason to go back and play it a second time. No new areas to explore...
And worst part, no multiplayer. :smallsigh:

Lord of Rapture
2008-09-02, 05:26 AM
Don't get me wrong, it was a fun game. Really awesome gameplay, and the graphics were superb
But I can score the Replay Value, a 0 out of 10.
There's just no reason to go back and play it a second time. No new areas to explore...
And worst part, no multiplayer. :smallsigh:

Summed my feelings up completely.

That's why there was a :smalltongue: at the end.

Durp
2008-09-02, 11:36 AM
Insanity plasmid... OH WAIT.