PDA

View Full Version : Faster way to delete PMs?

fireinthedust
2006-08-20, 03:37 PM
is there a way to remove more PMs without deleting all of them? I've got some awesome letters from keen folks here (real keepers), but when I start pbp's I get fifty thousand "Oh, and can my familiar be bright pink" or "can I have two +1s rather than one +2?". I can be at work for 15 minutes, and I want to check my games and then pee while on break. Is there a way to select the useless PMs all at once to remove?

HempRope
2006-08-20, 03:43 PM
No.

A few threads down the page is this (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1155571301), which was created to ask the same question. And you'll see the official answer (from quite a while ago) quoted therein.

The Giant
2006-08-22, 08:05 AM
Yeah, this is one of those things that *I* would love, and if I can't get it to happen here, it ain't happening. I usually have 10-25 PMs a day, and over the course of a month there might be two that have truly important info that I need to save.

WampaX
2006-08-22, 08:34 AM
Yeah, this is one of those things that *I* would love, and if I can't get it to happen here, it ain't happening. I usually have 10-25 PMs a day, and over the course of a month there might be two that have truly important info that I need to save.

You could just copy them out to an external file and then "delete all." True, the messages won't be in your PM box anymore, but at least you still have them and an empty PM box. ;)

HempRope
2006-08-22, 10:31 AM
RIght now, I'm seeing Wampa as another "Giant in the Playground." Is that an error on your end, an error on my end, or a purposeful change by y'all?

RawBearNYC
2006-08-22, 10:34 AM
WampaX is our new boss. He's got ultimate authority on the boards. So, if he speaks, y'all best listen.

WampaX
2006-08-22, 10:43 AM
RIght now, I'm seeing Wampa as another "Giant in the Playground." Is that an error on your end, an error on my end, or a purposeful change by y'all?

I am ascended.
Consider me a lowly Frost Giant to the Mountain Giant who rules over us all. (He's probably got character levels, as well)

Charity
2006-08-22, 10:44 AM
http://www.londonpostcard.co.uk/images/southpark/sp3025.jpg

;D

Flabbicus
2006-08-22, 10:58 AM
I am ascended.
Consider me a lowly Frost Giant to the Mountain Giant who rules over us all. (He's probably got character levels, as well)

Like the phoenix doth riseth from the ashes, Wampa hath risen to the throne-eth.

Tarnag40k
2006-08-24, 11:09 PM
Wait so will he fall from it like the phonix burns itself? i hope not, he's hasn't done anything to deserve that!