PDA

View Full Version : Submitting Stories

fireinthedust
2006-08-09, 11:35 PM
If I have a work of fiction I want to put in the stories section... well, I like "the Duke's Wolf" so far, and wanted to know if this sort of thing was open to all of us or just people named... Amber... (which, for all you know, could be me (Amber being a "tough Stone"... rrrrrr, Amber! :) ))

Pop Goes the Weasel
2006-08-10, 11:34 PM
Send Rich an email.

Starla
2006-08-11, 04:22 AM
How often will the stories be updated? I am curious as to what Part 2 will be. ;D

Where do we discuss the stories if we like them? Friendly banter?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-11, 04:25 AM
I think either Articles or Arts and Crafts... probably Articles.

Democratus
2006-08-11, 08:41 AM
I clicked on the 'Stories' section. But the brief description of the story was horrible.

If that inane run-on sentence is an example of the author's skills, I'll pass.

Starla
2006-08-11, 11:06 AM
Oh, I clicked on the story directly...*Reads..zzz. Ok the description needs work, but the story is good.

Alarra
2006-08-11, 11:27 AM
There will be a stories section of the boards devoted to discussion of the fiction works, I believe, for now go ahead and talk about it in articles.

As for submitting your own stories....I believe that Rich is in fact, not taking submissions.

I haven't read the story yet, but having read some of Amber's previous writings, have great expectations for it.

Charity
2006-08-11, 11:53 AM
I haven't read the story yet, but having read some of Amber's previous writings, have great expectations for it.

Pun intended?
I hadn't noticed it...
*wanders off for a nose about*

Rose
2006-08-11, 02:20 PM
I think the only reason Amber's story was posted is because she's a member of the website staff.

fireinthedust
2006-08-11, 11:42 PM
Well, reading it I thought it was great. I want the rest!

at least you didn't say "she's Rich's girlfriend/wife/fiance/mistress". ;)

The Giant
2006-08-17, 01:27 PM
For the record, *I* wrote the description, quickly, because I was rushing out the door to GenCon. Don't hold it against Amber, she had no part in it.

And further, Amber is a member of the website staff because I enjoy her writing, not the other way around.

tape_measure
2006-08-17, 03:43 PM
so....

Say someone has a game hear on the baords that has been runnign for over year....

and say that someone wants to write up a story (working incredibly hard to remove Typos) about the events for anyone and everyone who wanted to read said satory.

where would this person post such a story?

Sorry, but I never really saw clear answer to this other than 'ask Rich.'

P.S. I realized that I needed more clarification after i wrote this. I'm not looking for 'publication' form GitP, nor do want a nice Section to be added. I'm just curious as to which Forum (if any) this would be appropriate for.

TM

Rawhide
2006-08-17, 05:09 PM
There's a nice thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=arts;action=display;num=1155368758) called Creative Writing Showcase in Arts and Crafts.

Zherog
2006-08-18, 10:35 PM
How often will the stories be updated? I am curious as to what Part 2 will be. ;D

The rest of the story rocks mightily. :)

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2006-08-21, 11:36 AM
The rest of the story rocks mightily. :)

You lucky &¤&¤(%/ :P

Zherog
2006-08-21, 11:49 AM
I've been called worse. ;)

Seriously, Amber is a super-talented writer. And I'm not just saying that because she's my best friend, either. I consider myself lucky to proof-read a lot of her stuff, including this story.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2006-08-21, 11:55 AM
I look forward to the next part ;D

The only things I get to proof-read are assignments that are not nearly as exciting :'(

tape_measure
2006-08-21, 01:44 PM
Thanks Rawhide! That helped alot!