PDA

View Full Version : Ships and siege weapons ect

JollyRotten
2008-08-30, 07:16 AM
Does anyone have any new un-published stats for vechiles, ships or siege weapons any period would be good

Icewalker
2008-08-30, 10:35 AM
Well Stormwrack has stuff on ship combat, and cannons, if they can really be called cannons if they do so little damage and are wielded by one person. I've never really liked the Stormwrack system, and have been working on my own.

Not sure about other siege weapons, but I'm sure they are around.

lorodian
2008-08-30, 11:01 AM
The Eberron campaign has a bunch of elemental ships.

D Knight
2008-08-30, 11:17 AM
you can also find siege weapons in stronghold buliders guide.

Neon Knight
2008-08-30, 12:08 PM
You can also find some siege weapons in the DMG.

Triaxx
2008-08-30, 02:36 PM
Some of it depends on what system you want it for. 4e uses completely different damage specifications. I do know there was a project to convert Spelljammer to 3.x, but I don't have an exact link.

I prefer to think of ships as Juggernaughts on the battlefield and not mere transports with guns. When I do ships, the lightest boats might have one or two handcannons, the lightest ships having six to ten hand cannons and a couple of bow chasers. All the way up to seventy gun cruisers and two hundred gun battleships.

Siege weapons are not built only to tear down cities, but to counter act these immense field shifting weapons. One cannon changes the tide of a ground battle, six change the course of an air battle.

Mando Knight
2008-08-30, 04:20 PM
If we're just going to discuss where to find vehicles and siege weapons, then I'd suggest we move this to the Gaming (d20 and General) forum.

Adventurer's Vault will have some 4e vehicles when it comes out (including the Airship...), and it might have siege, but that's more of a DM-only territory unless the PCs are frequently expected to engage in full-scale war...

Triaxx
2008-08-31, 05:10 AM
Right, I'd forgotten about that. From a DM point of view, you can also treat the lighter siege weapons, such as ballista and catapults as monsters. They are immune to anything but bludgeoning and slashing weapons.

JollyRotten
2008-08-31, 08:33 AM
Hi all what I'm after is homebrew stuff not published work

Also any stats on castles building ect would be good

Basicaly I have a huge website that has tonnes of free material I'm just kinda lacking the above

Have a browse and you will see what I mean

worlds of imagination (http://www.worldsofimagination.com/)