PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Network: Fusion Fall

Enlong
2008-08-30, 03:20 PM
It's a Cartoon-Network MMORPG (http://www.fusionfall.com/). I swear to God that I am not making this up (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IAmNotMakingThisUp).

Yeah... I really don't know what to make of this... At least the art looks god, almost like they hired Bleedman to do it.

alexeduardo
2008-08-30, 04:28 PM
well, it's only a matter of time before kids spend entire afternoons in McDonald's Land.

at least lego's allows for Second Life-y content creation.
But this? what's the catch? that you can see your favorite characters?
what kind of moron would buy that?

oh wait... (http://www.totalvideogames.com/games/DC_Comics_MMORPG_Index_4865.htm)

Tengu_temp
2008-08-30, 04:31 PM
It can't be that bad if it has Dexter.
[/nostalgia]

Enlong
2008-08-30, 09:06 PM
Oh yes, it has all the good Cartoon Network shows. Dexter, Ben 10, and FRIGGIN MEGAS!
*ahem*
Now all they need is to have Samurai Jack.
Y'know, looking at it now, it doesn't look so bad... but now I'm just jinxing it. I need to keep my expectations low, it's like waiting for a Sonic game.

Tengu_temp
2008-08-31, 07:15 AM
Now all they need is to have Samurai Jack.

As well as Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. And Courage for the Nightmare Fuel!

Enlong
2008-08-31, 11:26 AM
As well as Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. And Courage for the Nightmare Fuel!

Well, I can assure you that yes, it does have Foster's.

And no, you don't play as the characters themselves, but as a kid that you customize and such.

alexeduardo
2008-08-31, 11:28 AM
And no, you don't play as the characters themselves, but as a kid that you customize and such.

well, what's the point then? I mean, it's a game where kids get to play kids with the "twist" that you can point and click on Dexter and have him say a witty line to you?
I'd rather see a cartoon, y'know

Tengu_temp
2008-08-31, 11:36 AM
I'd imagine you can get your own gadgets, powers and stuff and use them to do... whatever you're supposed to do in this MMO.

alexeduardo
2008-08-31, 11:38 AM
I'd imagine you can get your own gadgets, powers and stuff and use them to do... whatever you're supposed to do in this MMO.

well, it looks like some generic "lounge" area but with CN's characters to me, y'know

Enlong
2008-08-31, 11:54 AM
The plot, such as it has been revealed, is that this enormous ball of green stuff is flying through space and absorbing plantets, and you have to save the planet from it. And the green stuff apperently is raining down from space and causing creepy stuff to happen in Nowhere. One screenshot showed Megas covered in the stuff, and it was all glowy and weird looking.

alexeduardo
2008-08-31, 11:57 AM
The plot, such as it has been revealed, is that this enormous ball of green stuff is flying through space and absorbing plantets, and you have to save the planet from it. And the green stuff apperently is raining down from space and causing creepy stuff to happen in Nowhere. One screenshot showed Megas covered in the stuff, and it was all glowy and weird looking.

that is...
kind of moronic, I mean, how can you have a central plot to an MMO? isn't the point of the genre that it is an everchanging world?

Tirian
2008-08-31, 12:00 PM
*shudder* Marketing departments have obviously picked up on the fact that MMOs are the new black. But the thought of mixing characters that would appeal to my nine year-old nephew with multiplayer culture like griefing and derogatory chat, and it sounds more like FusionFail to me.

PLus their model for Professor Utonium frightens and confuses me.

Guyinthestreet
2008-08-31, 12:01 PM
well, it's only a matter of time before kids spend entire afternoons in McDonald's Land.

at least lego's allows for Second Life-y content creation.
But this? what's the catch? that you can see your favorite characters?
what kind of moron would buy that?

oh wait... (http://www.totalvideogames.com/games/DC_Comics_MMORPG_Index_4865.htm)

Hey, I played McDonald's Land on Sega and I actually liked it.

Enlong
2008-08-31, 12:01 PM
that is...
kind of moronic, I mean, how can you have a central plot to an MMO? isn't the point of the genre that it is an everchanging world?

Two words: Guild Wars.

alexeduardo
2008-08-31, 01:04 PM
Hey, I played McDonald's Land on Sega and I actually liked it.

Dude, is that a real game?

oh, and, does it even work on Guild Wars? It's not widely distributed in mexico so I haven't got a chance to play it (and I've already got two strikes in gringoland and I'm afraid to know what's next)

Enlong
2008-08-31, 01:08 PM
Dude, is that a real game?

oh, and, does it even work on Guild Wars? It's not widely distributed in mexico so I haven't got a chance to play it (and I've already got two strikes in gringoland and I'm afraid to know what's next)

Yes. There's an overarching storyline, represented by a number of storyline missions, which are independent of the other missions you can take in-between those.

alexeduardo
2008-08-31, 01:22 PM
well, isn't it kind of akward to have the world saved 500 times a day?
it just sounds dumb to moi

DemonicAngel
2008-08-31, 01:43 PM
and guild wars do it fairly well.

Gamerlord
2008-09-02, 08:27 AM
I imagine it will have to be very good, to compete with lego universe (which sounds more appealing to me at the moment, but i will play whichever one has a free-to-play option,even if it has very limited features)