memnarch
2008-09-09, 10:10 PM
You damn well know what. :smallannoyed:

...probably going to be 20/20 once someone say "whatever-the-heck-it-is"

Edit; yep. :smallyuk:

The Gremlin
2008-09-09, 10:13 PM
Say what? :smallconfused:

@Vulion; ...interesting choices for the artwork.

Nameless has boobies!
Sorry, couldn't resist.
And Vulion was the guy who drew that cool anime a while ago, wasn't he?

Fawkes
2008-09-09, 10:19 PM
Catalyst is Vilkarlig (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Vilkarlig), a character of Lying's, which adds a certain depth to the conflict.

Fun fact: Vilkarlig is Danish/Norwegian for 'arbitrary.'

DoomITP
2008-09-09, 10:28 PM
Catalyst is Vilkarlig (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Vilkarlig), a character of Lying's, which adds a certain depth to the conflict.

Yay for fun facts! :smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-09-09, 10:29 PM
It's also important to note that just about every bad thing since the start of Remember is basically his fault.

Ninja Chocobo
2008-09-10, 01:01 AM
Still, Vert isn't going to be canned forever and will get out whether or not somebody frees him. Why, you ask? 'Cause I said so.

And me.
*is not letting the MBEG go to waste*.

GENDER BENDER ARTWORK!

As awesome as stuff like this is, I'm always disappointed when I'm not in them.
Sorry.
I mean, sure, being a chocobo pretty much ruins any chances I had, but still.

T-O-E
2008-09-10, 01:30 AM
Someone's gonna say it.....

Fine, I won't say it.

Threeshades:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/Threeshadesdoesnt.jpg

Threeshades has no boobies!

kpenguin
2008-09-10, 01:37 AM

Not to nitpick, but Vilkarlig was created by me for that set of three comics I did explaining the backstory to the main plot. As with everything else, Lying expanded on the character and essentially created everything about him besides the name and the fact that he was a demon/devil lord.

I did, of course, intentionally name Vilkarlig after the Danish/Norwegian word for 'arbitrary'. It just seemed to fit the actions of a CE demon (this was before Lying made him LE).

Nameless
2008-09-10, 02:27 AM
GENDER BENDER ARTWORK!

Nameless:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/Namelesshasboobies.jpg

Threeshades:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/Threeshadesdoesnt.jpg

You just HAD too...

Although it IS pretty damn awesome. :smallbiggrin:

@Narrator: We all clearly heard "Puppy power!" :smalltongue:

boomwolf
2008-09-10, 02:53 AM
And who is this 'most successful BBEG'? Threeshades? Since when did she serve him?

Actually, no. he has no power over her. ATM at least, maybe he will later on.

The one I talk about is her ancestor Sildyu. everyone should have figured it out by now. if they have read the archives. (damn, back at you, I wan originally on ABR before you, jest had a long pause.)

Edited his wiki page to include his latest activity.

BTW-nice to see you back V...but is it wrong to think she-nameless looks hot?

Emperor Ing
2008-09-10, 04:53 AM
It's also important to note that just about every bad thing since the start of Remember is basically his fault.

Can I kill lying? PLEEEASE?! :smalleek::smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-10, 05:47 AM
Okay. First of all, Vert Doom is a god who has destroyed worlds. have you even read the archives? The main reason that Ins hasn't been defeated is that he is very intelligent and has not only the Sovices but the Pokemon guys at his command. As Q said, Vert Doom would trash Ins, and probably that 'Catalyst' guy.

You are right about everything else except for one small thing. Vert Doom isn't technically a god. He is almost, if not more so, god-like, but his existance is nothing divine. I'll explain everything when the time comes.

But everything else you said, dead right. Here's a cookie.

*gives cookie* :smallwink:

Vulion
2008-09-10, 06:25 AM
Nameless has boobies!
Sorry, couldn't resist.
And Vulion was the guy who drew that cool anime a while ago, wasn't he?

I wouldn't call it "cool" but yes, I did draw I few comic's in an anime-like style.

The Gremlin
2008-09-10, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't call it "cool" but yes, I did draw I few comic's in an anime-like style.

I thought it was excellent.
@the_Q; Yay I get a cookie! :smallbiggrin:
But I thought at one point you called him a god? :smallconfused:
@Boomwolf; I know NOW that you're Vilkarlig, but I didn't know it THEN.

Vulion
2008-09-10, 09:30 AM
I thought it was excellent.
@ the_Q; Yay I get a cookie! :smallbiggrin:

Well, if ya liked those, feel free to check out the Notebook Sketches page, I have a good amount of work there spanning almost a year and I updated yesterday. Though I warn, I do have a bunch of images.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-10, 09:59 AM
Not to nitpick, but Vilkarlig was created by me for that set of three comics I did explaining the backstory to the main plot. As with everything else, Lying expanded on the character and essentially created everything about him besides the name and the fact that he was a demon/devil lord.

I did, of course, intentionally name Vilkarlig after the Danish/Norwegian word for 'arbitrary'. It just seemed to fit the actions of a CE demon (this was before Lying made him LE).

Yes, Vilkarlig's very first appearances were in Plot Exposition of Vengeance I-III (Comics 41-43 in the archives), by kpenguin. I retconned the whole CE demon/LE devil bit after running it past him.

Fawkes
2008-09-10, 10:25 AM

I stand corrected.

boomwolf
2008-09-10, 01:12 PM
Still waiting for an opportunity to make an obvious matrix reference there.

Anyway, lets see the airship soon. I want an epic threeshades VS threeshades fight.

Vulion: the she-nameless still haunts me. why did you do it? now I am stuck of thinking of her as a hot chick, but on him as jest a guy.. and its the freaking same person! it melts my brain away.

Calamity
2008-09-10, 01:23 PM
Vulion: the she-nameless still haunts me. why did you do it? now I am stuck of thinking of her as a hot chick, but on him as jest a guy.. and its the freaking same person! it melts my brain away.

Heh... Good job, Vulion!

...moar plz? :smalltongue:

Vulion
2008-09-10, 01:43 PM
Heh... Good job, Vulion!

...moar plz? :smalltongue:

I could do so more gender bending, I was kinda planning to anyway. All I need is a pair of victims...I mean 'volunteers'...yes, that sounds better.:smallcool:

Nameless
2008-09-10, 01:44 PM

Hey smexy. :smallwink:

Never again... >_<

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-10, 01:58 PM
I fear to see what is to come.... I guess I'll volunteer, although there isn't really much to work with with my two-dimensional (At least right now) character. I'll try to finish the archives after my spore addiciton ends. I'm at about 825 right now, so I'm pretty much exactly 2/3 of the way through (4.5 off exact)(from the archives).

EDIT: Mecha, are you gonna update the archive soon, or do you want me to help you or something? I'd be willing to post the links so you can copy and paste them in =)

T-O-E
2008-09-10, 02:12 PM
About half as often as I should. But it helps to wait a little bit until plot threads reach a low point or cliffhanger where you can break them up. That way, I can put them in an order that's easier to read thru, with less jumping around.

We're about due for one, I'd say.

I love quotes.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-10, 02:28 PM
@the_Q; Yay I get a cookie! :smallbiggrin:
But I thought at one point you called him a god? :smallconfused:

Possibly. I don't remember calling him a god (though I do remember saying he had god-like power) but it's possible I might have accidentally said it.

Maybe you are being confused with the other non-related big bad guy I have created for Sprite Wars. The God Emperor of Time (though as we may soon find out, he too isn't exactly a god either).

boomwolf
2008-09-10, 02:46 PM
Hey smexy. :smallwink:

Never again... >_<

Good, because if you DO try that again I WILL hurt you and kill you multiple times, some of them very amusing and original.

Calamity
I could do so more gender bending, I was kinda planning to anyway. All I need is a pair of victims...I mean 'volunteers'...yes, that sounds better.:smallcool:

I volunteer, because apparently I look like a girl anyway. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
Hey Q, guess who the new nightwing is? *glances at Nameless* :smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-10, 02:50 PM

I volenteer. Don't ask why.

Hey Q, guess who the new nightwing is? *glances at Nameless* :smallamused:

Really? Damn. Nameless is ALREADY is famous.

You stole my opportunity to be famous! :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Nameless
2008-09-10, 02:53 PM
Good, because if you DO try that again I WILL hurt you and kill you multiple times, some of them very amusing and original.

Must resist.... sexualll..... comback.....

Oh I WANT you to be original.

DAMNIT! :smallannoyed:

Really? Damn. Nameless is ALREADY is famous.

You stole my opportunity to be famous!

I desurve it! I've been here longer, but I mean, if you really want to be the new nightwing, the job's yours.

boomwolf
2008-09-10, 02:59 PM
Must resist.... sexualll..... comback.....

Oh I WANT you to be original.

DAMNIT! :smallannoyed:

That's it, you're dead.

Please stand by as I draw your deadness...(spellcheck receives it as an actually word? weird. was sure "deadness" is jest a cool-speek with no real sense.)

On another note, I would have expected you to be more disturbed by the fact I have having fantasies over your body. (female body, but still yours.)
No, its not true, I jest wonna mess with his head.

Nameless
2008-09-10, 03:40 PM
Meh, I'm used to it, people always think I'm a girl, I got hooted once.

Emperor Ing
2008-09-10, 03:45 PM
Meh, I'm used to it, people always think I'm a girl, I got hooted once.

You are the incarnation of creepy. Remember that video you sent me that one time?

Nameless
2008-09-10, 03:54 PM
You are the incarnation of creepy. Remember that video you sent me that one time?

I re-made that. :smallsmile:

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-10, 03:56 PM
Remember that video you sent me that one time?

I re-made that. :smallsmile:

*Edges away*

Emperor Ing
2008-09-10, 03:58 PM
I tried finding the PM you sent me where you linked the video to me, I found it, but you made the video private.

Smart move. If I showed it to everyone here, nobody will EVER take you seriously again!

Bayar

Interested in seeing this. Please? Pweety pwease ?

Lyinginbedmon
You should see his vidcasts

memnarch
2008-09-10, 03:59 PM
If nameless made a video that's supposedly creepy... I don't think that I want to see it.

boomwolf
2008-09-10, 04:02 PM
Nameless is a creppy guy.

And now also a hot girl.

The kind of person you don't know what to think about huh?

Omega
2008-09-10, 04:07 PM
]And now also a hot girl.

What?! :smalleek:

Nameless
2008-09-10, 04:07 PM
You should see his vidcasts

It wasn't a vid cast, it was me testing out the cam tricks. :smallsmile:

Now I make entertainment video's that no one ever reviews. :smallsmile:

Emperor Ing
2008-09-10, 04:09 PM

I thought we established that a LOOONG time ago.

memnarch
2008-09-10, 04:10 PM
Question about the teleport; is it going inside the airship or are we going with teleporting over it due to it being "poof-proof"?

boomwolf
2008-09-10, 04:12 PM
The "airborn" joke was done before, so I assume you teleport inside.

Besides, "poof-proof" is NOT "teleport-proof", its only safe from leroy's "poofs"

memnarch
2008-09-10, 04:16 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/VsSalmon59.png

Everyone in this plot seems to be an epic level magic user...

4th panel; pretty sure that means can't teleport inside.

The Gremlin
2008-09-10, 04:19 PM
Okaaay. This conversation is REALLY creepy.

Emperor Ing
2008-09-10, 04:20 PM
Okaaay. This conversation is REALLY creepy.

Creepy

Like...Nameless? :smallamused:

Threeshades
2008-09-10, 04:24 PM
The "airborn" joke was done before, so I assume you teleport inside.

Besides, "poof-proof" is NOT "teleport-proof", its only safe from leroy's "poofs"

its perfectly magic and psionic proof too.

Bayar
2008-09-10, 04:25 PM
Most of the Black Mesa reaserch center was focused with teleportation experiments, weapon development and other stuff like that. I think the airship should have preety good technology against teleports (especially since that little incident with the resonance cascade and the Xen invasion, followed by the 7 hour war and the Combine ruling over the shattered remains of humanity)

Nameless
2008-09-10, 04:27 PM
Creepy

Like...Nameless? :smallamused:

I have my reasons...

Emperor Ing
2008-09-10, 04:32 PM
I have my reasons...

Sharing is caring. So care! Share! :smallwink:

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-10, 04:33 PM

Maybe we could teleport on top of it or something?

If not we could just end up in the some random place and be like "WTF?!".

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-10, 04:34 PM
Question about the teleport; is it going inside the airship or are we going with teleporting over it due to it being "poof-proof"?

Either on top of it, or in the primary exhaust port.

Bayar
2008-09-10, 04:38 PM
Either on top of it, or in the primary exhaust port.

Or in the freaking wall, like in the Phyladelphia experiment...

memnarch
2008-09-10, 04:43 PM
How about the ceiling? (or roof/floor in this case.)

Threeshades
2008-09-10, 04:46 PM
There are spikes on top of it. I should bring up the plan comic finally. I'll get to work.

The Gremlin
2008-09-10, 05:02 PM
...:smalleek:
You guys filled a page with this crap?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-10, 05:04 PM
...:smalleek:
You guys filled a page with this crap?

Believe it or not, this is one of our slower days

The Gremlin
2008-09-10, 05:05 PM
Believe it or not, this is one of our slower days

I can believe it.

memnarch
2008-09-10, 05:08 PM
Yeah, ~pages 4 to 11 is all Sept 1.

Vulion
2008-09-10, 05:24 PM

Fanart I did on page twenty-five, I think.

Threeshades
2008-09-10, 05:28 PM
btw i posted something. and i think it would be best to insert before salmons strip, when it comes to continuity

Fawkes
2008-09-10, 06:09 PM
*Edges away*

I lol'ed.:smallsmile:

Regarding archiving: I don't have time today, but I will be doing it fairly soon. The POOF! is a perfect breaking point to cut away to something else, too. I will make sure to put 3shades' comic before Salmon's, don't worry.

boomwolf
2008-09-10, 06:09 PM

Technology Teleport proof?

Jest a question, where on earth did they BUILD that without anyone noticing?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-10, 06:15 PM

It didn't exist narratorially before Shades mentioned it. Maybe they built it in hammerspace?

Most likely it's a Fudge Land innovation. They're not especially organised but they could probably put it together with the whole "evil aircraft" aesthetic it's got going on.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-09-10, 06:15 PM
Hey Tired and Drowzy, what are your rankings in spore? I just got to civilization!

These are mine:

Cell: Omnivore
Creature: Social
Tribal: Friendly

:smallsmile:

memnarch
2008-09-10, 06:17 PM

Yes.

The question about building the ship would be directed at shades of grey (as it's his). I must say though that scale seem a little wacky though, looking at it again.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-10, 06:19 PM
I must say though that scale seem a little wacky though, looking at it again.

If Dr Bath VS the Vendetta really is to scale, the size is probably bigger than the Citadel.

I'll give it a better look-over later today when I'm possibly more compos mentis.

kpenguin
2008-09-10, 06:20 PM
Hey Tired and Drowzy, what are your rankings in spore? I just got to civilization!

These are mine:

Awwww maaan. You guys got Spore? Me with my damn obsolete Radeon 9200 can't run it. :(

Speaking of Spore, I think certain members of ABR should check this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4892747&postcount=298) out.

Fawkes
2008-09-10, 06:21 PM

They didn't. They stole it from Oliver.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-10, 06:23 PM
Mecha, that was way funnier than it ought to have been :smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-09-10, 06:24 PM
Mecha, that was way funnier than it ought to have been :smallbiggrin:

You would totally be an awesome Grandma.

memnarch
2008-09-10, 06:26 PM
If Dr Bath VS the Vendetta really is to scale, the size is probably bigger than the Citadel.

I'll give it a better look-over later today when I'm possibly more compos mentis.

Well... it's just that to me, it looks like Bath's head would be sticking out of the bridge if he stood on the bottom black outline of the bridge.

Omega
2008-09-10, 07:27 PM
So are we going to start having a wave of Random Kills or what? :smallconfused:

Cause in my mind, ABR is dead. :smallsigh:

memnarch
2008-09-10, 07:30 PM
Heh, you could start the wave you know... :smallamused:

Omega
2008-09-10, 07:39 PM
Heh, you could start the wave you know... :smallamused:

Of course. :smallamused:

But how long would it last... a few hours, days, weeks? I joined this forum because of my love for OOTS comics (which I haven't read in months), but I keep coming back everyday for ABR. :smallsigh:

memnarch
2008-09-10, 07:51 PM
Is anything "forever"?

Also, now would be a good time I think because school has started, meaning less time to produce FFF comics.

The Gremlin
2008-09-10, 09:18 PM
So are we going to start having a wave of Random Kills or what? :smallconfused:

Cause in my mind, ABR is dead. :smallsigh:

Heresy! Purge the heretic!

Omega
2008-09-10, 09:30 PM
Is anything "forever"?

Nope, but the base of ABR or the long forgotten Random Kills era was before your time. I remember when Rand was ruling over that, but honestly he has lost the "Killer's Touch". :smallsigh:

memnarch
2008-09-10, 09:33 PM
Nope, but the base of ABR or the long forgotten Random Kills era was before you time. I remember when Rand was ruling over that, but honestly he has lost the "Killer's Touch". :smallsigh:

Yeah, I know that. Would have been interesting to be around then I think.

Omega
2008-09-10, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I know that. Would have been interesting to be around then I think.

I was like Heaven. :smallsmile:

And I'm thinking tomorrow I going to cut myself a little slice of Heaven. :smallamused:

Hyozo
2008-09-10, 09:45 PM
I'm all for non-canon killing. It means I don't need a reason behind it, I don't need a background (unless the humor requires it, like the stone shoes one did), I don't need to include characters who aren't involved "because they're there", I just need two templates and a somewhat amusing way for one of them to end up dead.

Omega
2008-09-10, 11:01 PM
I'm all for non-canon killing. It means I don't need a reason behind it, I don't need a background (unless the humor requires it, like the stone shoes one did), I don't need to include characters who aren't involved "because they're there", I just need two templates and a somewhat amusing way for one of them to end up dead.

I agree, but I just enjoy random kills.

boomwolf
2008-09-11, 01:30 AM

These are mine:

Been through all options by now. (yes, made multiple games.)

Bordom idea: should we make an ABR setting for DnD? or will it be too freaking impossible?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-11, 03:56 AM
Well... it's just that to me, it looks like Bath's head would be sticking out of the bridge if he stood on the bottom black outline of the bridge.

It looks more to me that the line in the middle of it is a window, which he'd be looking out of.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-09-11, 05:45 AM
Hello my pretty's, I'm back. :smallsmile:
That little vacation was just what I needed to get rid of that bad mood.

Will try to have a comic out by tonight. But first things first, I'm going to take a nap.

memnarch
2008-09-11, 06:31 AM
It looks more to me that the line in the middle of it is a window, which he'd be looking out of.

Didn't mean that Bath would stand on that or whatever; I just copied the picture and then moved the Bath blob over to the ship's bridge. The front of the bridge looks fine, but the thinnest part....

Eh, I guess I'm just being really nit-picky.

Nameless
2008-09-11, 09:39 AM
I lol'ed.:smallsmile:

Regarding archiving: I don't have time today, but I will be doing it fairly soon. The POOF! is a perfect breaking point to cut away to something else, too. I will make sure to put 3shades' comic before Salmon's, don't worry.

No, I don't believe I sent Randomizer the nude one.

On a side note, Gremline, I am a Runescape member, and after 6 years of sort of playing it, I KNOW how much those hats suck. :smalltongue:

Though for the past year or so, I rearly go on it, usualy just on holidays where you get those little extra quest thingies and to chop and burn some more logs to try and get my FM cape and WC cape which I've been working on for 3 years... :smallannoyed:

The Gremlin
2008-09-11, 09:49 AM
No, I don't believe I sent Randomizer the nude one.

On a side note, Gremline, I am a Runescape member, and after 6 years of sort of playing it, I KNOW how much those hats suck. :smalltongue:

Heresy! Purge the heretic! Those hats are cool! I should know, I paid 2000 for em!

chriky
2008-09-11, 10:09 AM

These are mine:

I've played through to the space stage and got blue on the first three.
but the only way of winning civilisation is military.

boomwolf
2008-09-11, 12:40 PM

NO.

Economic is hard, yet possible.

And religious is almost military.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-11, 01:59 PM

Certainly the military's ICBM makes civilisation stage almost irrelevant, but you can still be victorious using religious or economic pathways.

On a similar, if still off-topic, note, anyone know what to do when you've got one battered ship (Armed only with pirate support, basic laser and missiles) and your heavily-armed homeworld is in the middle of enemy territory? I shot down one city and suddenly I'm at war with an empire far larger than previously known.

Nameless
2008-09-11, 02:07 PM
Heresy! Purge the heretic! Those hats are cool! I should know, I paid 2000 for em!

That's like, $5 in American money. :smalltongue:

T-O-E
2008-09-11, 02:11 PM
That's like, $5 in American money. :smalltongue:

Less than that, much less.

boomwolf
2008-09-11, 02:14 PM

The fact you defend runescape makes you irrelevant.

Fawkes
2008-09-11, 02:17 PM
If Ike doesn't destroy Texas this weekend and the Large Hadron Collider doesn't destroy the world, I'll pick up Spore on Saturday.:smallsmile:

chriky
2008-09-11, 03:11 PM
Certainly the military's ICBM makes civilisation stage almost irrelevant, but you can still be victorious using religious or economic pathways.

On a similar, if still off-topic, note, anyone know what to do when you've got one battered ship (Armed only with pirate support, basic laser and missiles) and your heavily-armed homeworld is in the middle of enemy territory? I shot down one city and suddenly I'm at war with an empire far larger than previously known.

Assuming you have allies/colonies and money. I would go somewhere pay to refuel, heal and buy new weapons. (Also if you have an ally planet you may be able to get one of their ships to help you). Then i would attack them as well as you can. If that doesn't work i'd start a new game it's fun replaying the early levels anyway. :smallbiggrin:

T-O-E
2008-09-11, 03:19 PM
If Ike doesn't destroy Texas this weekend and the Large Hadron Collider doesn't destroy the world, I'll pick up Spore on Saturday.:smallsmile:

Speaking of large hadron colliders, I recently heard the most ridiculous thing ever stated... Ever.

I can't remember exactly what she said but i'll try to recreate her speech as accurately as possible.
"We won't be affected if it creates a black-hole because we live in Wales".
There needs to be a face-palm emoticon.

Keris
2008-09-11, 03:42 PM

Bah. All this stuff about the LHC is way overrated. They've turned it on, but they're not starting the HECs till October 21st. And Particle accelerators already make Black Holes, why are people worried that this time it'll be any different?

..and I'm not getting Spore till November at the earliest...

Nameless
2008-09-11, 03:59 PM
Bah. All this stuff about the LHC is way overrated. They've turned it on, but they're not starting the HECs till October 21st. And Particle accelerators already make Black Holes, why are people worried that this time it'll be any different?

..and I'm not getting Spore till November at the earliest...

I'm not getting it untill X-Mas... ._.

memnarch
2008-09-11, 04:43 PM
I don't want to get it, and I wouldn't have time to play through it if I did.

kpenguin
2008-09-11, 04:47 PM
Speaking of large hadron colliders, I recently heard the most ridiculous thing ever stated... Ever.

I can't remember exactly what she said but i'll try to recreate her speech as accurately as possible.
"We won't be affected if it creates a black-hole because we live in Wales".
There needs to be a face-palm emoticon.

Actually moderatelly true. Any black-hole created will likely be too small to turn anything farther than a few centimeters into a singularity. Certainly somewhere as far away as Wales would certainly be safe.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-11, 04:48 PM
I don't want to get it, and I wouldn't have time to play through it if I did.

That's possibly the stupidest thing I've heard this week.

The whole point of Spore is the thousands of hours of possible gameplay in it. Few people will ever have the time to play through it, but they'll all get a fair distance.

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-11, 04:49 PM
Ugh... I'm stuck in civ. I went Herb -> Social -> Friendly, and I've tried civ like 10 times, but it's impossible! (I'm doing hard mode). I did tribal in less than an hour, though :)

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-11, 04:50 PM
What is this whole "Spore" thing about anyway? Just curious.

T-O-E
2008-09-11, 04:56 PM
Here you go. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_(2008_video_game))

How did you survive on the internet without even a little knowledge of spore, anyway?

memnarch
2008-09-11, 04:59 PM
That's possibly the stupidest thing I've heard this week.

The whole point of Spore is the thousands of hours of possible gameplay in it. Few people will ever have the time to play through it, but they'll all get a fair distance.
Heh, by I wouldn't have time to play it, I mean that I would probably do nothing but play it if I found it fun. And that would be bad for my grades in school.

Troll's link, fixed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_(2008_video_game))

kpenguin
2008-09-11, 05:00 PM
How did you survive on the internet without even a little knowledge of spore, anyway?

Q appears to have a way to ignore things that seem painfully obvious to us. I suspect this might senility brought on by his octogenarian age.

He knows what a smash ball is, but not what a falcon punch is, for instance.

Have you ever gotten tested for Alzheimer's, Q?

Nameless
2008-09-11, 05:07 PM
Here you go. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_(2008_video_game))

He has elderly knowlage to get him through. :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-11, 05:36 PM
Q appears to have a way to ignore things that seem painfully obvious to us. I suspect this might senility brought on by his octogenarian age.

He knows what a smash ball is, but not what a falcon punch is, for instance.

Have you ever gotten tested for Alzheimer's, Q?

Actually, when I said I didn't know what a Falcon Punch was and what Halo was, I was actually just yanking everybody's chain. Of course I know what Halo and a Falcon punch is! :smallbiggrin:

Of course with everything else, like this "Spore", I wasn't joking. Just so you know.

But still, I have to have a mental illness not to know a particular computer game?! Yeesh.

Back in my day we didn't even HAVE video games. Or computers for that matter. Can't I be not knowledgable about a small little game without being mentally ill? :smallannoyed:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-11, 05:53 PM
Spore is a little game now?

It goes all the way from cell to intergalactic life...

_Puppetmaster_
2008-09-11, 06:24 PM
Hey, I made a Spore of Gremlin.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg99/Puppetmaster_/gremlinspore.jpg

'Waddya think?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-11, 06:24 PM
Spore is a little game now?

It goes all the way from cell to intergalactic life...

But in the end, it's still just a game (probably. As I have never played it I can't say.).

Computer games, though perhaps entertaining, do not make life itself. Nothing can fill that gap, not even an intergalactic game...........thing.

Here's a suggestion: go outside and play for a little while. It's a beautiful day.

The Gremlin
2008-09-11, 06:36 PM

'Waddya think?

Why are bandages on my face?
Otherwise, great job.

Emperor Ing
2008-09-11, 06:38 PM
I'm still waiting for a Spore Randomizer. :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-11, 07:02 PM
I'm still waiting for a Spore Randomizer. :smalltongue:

Until I figure out how to make their heads burst into flame...

DoomITP
2008-09-11, 07:10 PM
I hate my computer's bad graphics card. :smallfrown:

Fawkes
2008-09-11, 08:19 PM
Here's a suggestion: go outside and play for a little while. It's a beautiful day.

Not in Texas, it isn't.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-11, 08:21 PM
Not in Texas, it isn't.

I thought it was a beautiful day everyday in Texas. :smallconfused:

Fawkes
2008-09-11, 08:42 PM
I thought it was a beautiful day everyday in Texas. :smallconfused:

Not in Houston or Waco, it isn't.

memnarch
2008-09-11, 08:57 PM
See inside for reason why. (if you didn't know already)
http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

_Puppetmaster_
2008-09-11, 09:26 PM
Why are bandages on my face?

I was trying to make a mask...

Otherwise, great job.

The Gremlin
2008-09-11, 10:11 PM
I was trying to make a mask...

I know, I was just joking. :smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2008-09-11, 10:21 PM

'Waddya think?

I did link to Doihaveaname?'s Spore versions of Almighty_Salmon and Dr. Bath, ya know.

For those who were too lazy to follow the link:
http://ll-988.ea.com/spore/static/image/500/042/988/500042988649_lrg.png
http://ll-029.ea.com/spore/static/image/500/043/029/500043029831_lrg.png

Ninja Chocobo
2008-09-11, 10:53 PM

Horrible day in Sydney. Not a cloud in the sky...:smallfrown:

boomwolf
2008-09-11, 11:10 PM
The fish is bad, it can't fly. (and yes, it IS possible to fly. jest get wings that give 4 or 5 glide and time your presses on space well. you got more room for error in 5...)

Ninja Chocobo
2008-09-11, 11:37 PM
The fish is bad, it can't fly. (and yes, it IS possible to fly. jest get wings that give 4 or 5 glide and time your presses on space well. you got more room for error in 5...)

But then it looks like a Landfish with GIANT WINGS.

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-12, 02:14 AM
I did link to Doihaveaname?'s Spore versions of Almighty_Salmon and Dr. Bath, ya know.

For those who were too lazy to follow the link:
http://ll-988.ea.com/spore/static/image/500/042/988/500042988649_lrg.png
http://ll-029.ea.com/spore/static/image/500/043/029/500043029831_lrg.png

Yeah, Dihan showed me those over msn. Awesome aren't they? :smallsmile:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-12, 05:24 AM
I don't think I'll be going outside either, the weather in Darlington is notoriously unreliable and it was unpleasant enough just getting out of bed right now.

Turns out it's flu. :smallyuk:

I'm reasonably convinced I got it by walking for 15 minutes in the rain 4 times last Friday. All because my brother insisted on taking the last umbrella, for his 2 trips and not getting one out of the garage. :smallfurious:

Emperor Ing
2008-09-12, 05:27 AM
Here, i'm not sure if Hurricane Ike is going to Side-B across the country to where I am. But...let's wait and see.

Hannah was pathetic. :smalltongue:

boomwolf
2008-09-12, 06:08 AM
But then it looks like a Landfish with GIANT WINGS.

If you size them down and put them well you can make then instead of the side-fins, or even unseen. (I made tons of "acid-spiting cobra" variants by hiding the acid in the mouth.

I'll try making the flying version of the landfish for my game. (after I create enough things I plan of banning EVERYTHING else from my games (no login, still playing illegal.) so only my stuff will show up.

The Gremlin
2008-09-12, 09:28 AM
Uh, guys?
Now might be a good time to ask: What the hell is Spore?

chriky
2008-09-12, 09:32 AM
Uh, guys?
Now might be a good time to ask: What the hell is Spore?

firstly shame on you for not knowing.

But spore is a video game that's just been released where you create creatures and play through 5 stages of evolution (cell, creature, tribal, civilistaion and space) with the ultimate goal to conquer the universe in whatever way possible. It's made by the same person who made the sims.

And if you don't know what sims is you don't deserve to.

Fawkes
2008-09-12, 10:13 AM
http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/map_spectrop06_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg
Well, it looks like I'm going to be cooped up in my apartment all weekend, so unless I lose power, I'll work on the archive.

Nameless
2008-09-12, 10:18 AM
go outside and play for a little while.

Is that the expansion pack? :smallconfused:

@KP: AHH! LANDFISH!

@/\: OH. MY. GOD. :smalleek:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-09-12, 10:50 AM
firstly shame on you for not knowing.

But spore is a video game that's just been released where you create creatures and play through 5 stages of evolution (cell, creature, tribal, civilistaion and space) with the ultimate goal to conquer the universe in whatever way possible. It's made by the same person who made the sims.

And if you don't know what sims is you don't deserve to.

Ugh, I hate the Sims. :smallannoyed: My sister fills up so much memory on my computer with that game and its damn expansions.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-12, 11:01 AM
Well, the good news from me is that I'm out of bed and finishing off the action layer of page 100 of Remember. :smallsmile:

The bad news is I missed college today, still feel like making a dinner appointment with Gary Gygax in the sky, and it's raining outside. :smallannoyed:

Nameless
2008-09-12, 11:18 AM
Well, the good news from me is that I'm out of bed and finishing off the action layer of page 100 of Remember. :smallsmile:

The bad news is I missed college today, still feel like making a dinner appointment with Gary Gygax in the sky, and it's raining outside. :smallannoyed:

Yes, it's raining here too.

However, I didn't miss college, we went to the Tate Modern today. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Lightning just struck something really... REALLY close to my house.
*hides*

JasonDoomsblade
2008-09-12, 11:32 AM
Raining like hell over here too.

T-O-E
2008-09-12, 01:07 PM
Is that the expansion pack? :smallconfused:

Don't get it, it adds little new features and gets boring extremely quickly. Just another rich fat-cat capitalist gaming company scheming to fill their wallets by editing their best-sellers. Stick with the original.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-09-12, 01:28 PM
Hey! It's not raining over here...

:smalltongue:

PS: Kp, I think that my Almighty Salmon Spore is better. Mine flies.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg99/Puppetmaster_/AlmightySamlonSpore.jpg

@V: :smallbiggrin:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-09-12, 01:36 PM

Badass. :smallbiggrin:

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-12, 02:08 PM
Yay! Just made it to the space stage last night after beating the civilization phase religiously on hard difficulty (alliances are key). I'm flying in a giant toucan.

The Civ phase was hard. I had to shovel all my money over to another nation to get +125 relationship with them just from the donations. Then, together, we destroyed the other nations. It was sweet.

It was raining heavily here for like 20 minutes. It wasn't so thick you couldn't see, though. It just looked like the ground was exploding everywhere.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-09-12, 02:14 PM
Post a picture of your ship!

I'll go get one of mine! I just got to the space stage!

EDIT:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg99/Puppetmaster_/Shipspore.jpg

EDIT AGAIN: Hey, does anybody know what Enterprise model this one I made is?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-12, 02:37 PM
It may be the Enterprise-E, Next Generation's ship

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-12, 02:41 PM

Haha, that's sweet :smallbiggrin:

Threeshades
2008-09-12, 02:53 PM
Chrono stop, is one of the Chronomancer's spells, it freezes in time for roughly an hour.

But if time is frozen, the hour will never pass :smalleek:

memnarch
2008-09-12, 03:16 PM
Area inside is frozen in time for an hour of the area around the target most likely.

Just remember that time is very relative. :smallwink:

Lavidor
2008-09-12, 03:24 PM
Well, that does solve the problem of working on 2 storylines at once.
On the other hand, it means I'll eventually have to wage war on Dimin or something like that. :smalltongue:

memnarch
2008-09-12, 03:54 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg99/Puppetmaster_/Shipspore.jpg

Looks like a mix of A and B to me.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-09-12, 04:08 PM
On the other hand, it means I'll eventually have to wage war on Dimin or something like that. :smalltongue:
This idea has my full support, but me thinks trying to work out a full scare war between 2 nations, even if both are relatively small, would be absolute hell in Abr.

@Threeshades - I should have been more specific, it freezes the desired location / object in time for a short period. But only the targeted whatever, so if someone was to walk by that dragon it would be seen laying there completely still with a glowy pink aura around it. :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-12, 04:16 PM
@Threeshades - I should have been more specific, it freezes the desired location / object in time for a short period. But only the targeted whatever, so if someone was to walk by that dragon it would be seen laying there completely still with a glowy pink aura around it. :smalltongue:

But still a ninja.

EDIT: I've spent the last couple of hours playing the Almighty Salmon Empire. I've designed all the vehicles (Save the automobile, which was problematic in that respect) after Salmon. This was especially awkward when I made the ship vehicle, when I found out in gameplay that it only does the backstroke. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2008-09-12, 04:52 PM
I got Spore!

See you guys tomorrow.

*spore*

memnarch
2008-09-12, 04:58 PM
Well, there went the Archive.

I kid, enjoy the game.

The Gremlin
2008-09-12, 05:21 PM
I got Spore!

See you guys tomorrow.

*spore*

Great. Good luck in that apartment.

Threeshades
2008-09-12, 05:26 PM
I got Spore!

See you guys tomorrow.

*spore*

:smallconfused:

:smalleek:

:smallfrown:

:smallannoyed:

:smallmad:

:smallfurious:

*cries*

The Gremlin
2008-09-12, 05:53 PM
:smallconfused:

:smalleek:

:smallfrown:

:smallannoyed:

:smallmad:

:smallfurious:

*cries*
Seconded.
...grumblegrumblestupidsporethinggrumblegrumble...

kpenguin
2008-09-12, 10:40 PM

@V: :smallbiggrin:

First of all, its not mine.
Second of all, flying IS an improvement over the other.
But, third, the other one looks more like a pink salmon while yours looks like some unholy combination of a fish and some slug monster.

Anyway, why not just make external wings rather than trying to hide them? Salmon had wings in his earlier incarnations in ABR.

boomwolf
2008-09-13, 05:16 AM
This idea has my full support, but me thinks trying to work out a full scare war between 2 nations, even if both are relatively small, would be absolute hell in Abr.

Its gonna get alot worse. the new "Sovilina" will declare war on jest about everyone eventually. (not all at once, but still...)

Should we edit the map to unite Sovice/Tajira and Helina to me both marked as "Sovilina"? (and later anyhting else I plan for them to conquer? (nothing really important, and no homelands without the maker's allowance...))

memnarch
2008-09-13, 09:32 AM
If people agree that it should be changed, I'll add it in. (I've got the SVG file of the map.)

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-13, 10:15 AM
Wow... I made a new game as an omnivore, and I got from cell to civilization in four hours. I didn't die in the creature stage, and no one died in the tribal :smallsmile: (on hard mode).

Here's his creature stage evolution. (http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=srch-Minayante) He's got a proboscis in his pincer-mouth, by the way.

The Gremlin
2008-09-13, 10:22 AM
Please increase my industry! (http://ovumonobia.myminicity.com/ind)

Nameless
2008-09-13, 10:53 AM
Please increase my industry! (http://ovumonobia.myminicity.com/ind)

wow, thanks Gremline, your city froze my computer... :smallannoyed:

Now visit my city.

Elder Tsofu
2008-09-13, 11:08 AM
Btw Gremlin, it is hard to feed your dragons - they don't seem to respond when I offer them some rabbitmeat. :smallannoyed:

T-O-E
2008-09-13, 12:16 PM
wow, thanks Gremline, your city froze my computer... :smallannoyed:

Now visit my city.

Same. :smallmad:

Fawkes
2008-09-13, 12:59 PM
I suck at Tribal/Civilization stages. I allied with the first tribe, and the other three popped up as sworn enemies and all attacked me at the same time. I had made it far enough along to start the Civilization, where I again allied with one, and then started to take over the rest. Well, my ally converted almost the entire map while I captured two cities, and then they decided they didn't need me anymore and wiped me out. Luckily, I had gotten far enough to unlock the space stage, was is kinda fun.

So far, I'm fairly disappointed in Spore. Cell and Creature were a lot of fun, but the RTS stages have really poor controls. Space could go either way.

I'm gonna work on the archive a bit, then I'm gonna play some mo' Spo'.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-13, 01:01 PM
I've played Religious/Military and won, and bought them all out with Economic. I haven't played solely military or solve religious yet. The Uber abilities are all awesomely useful when you're not doing so well, like buying/conquering everyone.

Fawkes
2008-09-13, 01:03 PM
I've played Religious/Military and won, and bought them all out with Economic. I haven't played solely military or solve religious yet. The Uber abilities are all awesomely useful when you're not doing so well, like buying/conquering everyone.

I couldn't get enough cities to enable the ICBM. My allies converted them all.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-13, 01:09 PM
The trick really is to spam. I use like half a dozen cars/boats/planes minimum and it makes things move pretty darn quickly.

So who wants to draw the group arriving at the airship? :smallconfused:

memnarch
2008-09-13, 01:12 PM
I'm planning on tagging along (comic in progress), but I don't know what the arrival location should look like so...

Fawkes
2008-09-13, 02:21 PM
Archive updated! Time for Spore.

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-13, 10:28 PM
I found the tribal really easy. The first time I did it, I won in less than an hour. The last time I did it (on hard) was with my omnivore (above). I did it without deaths. In civ, my main suggestion is donations. You can get up to +120 relationships from gifts alone. Ally with EVERYONE, and take cities sparingly. I nearly did the civ stage without deaths, but one of my cars was eaten by an epic creature :(

So far, trade is BY FAR the easiest. Omnivores are very diverse and nice to play. I got to space again this morning.

Fawkes
2008-09-14, 12:57 AM
How do you play an omnivore? It won't let me pick that.

kpenguin
2008-09-14, 01:08 AM

You need to get one of those sucky things during the cell stage.

boomwolf
2008-09-14, 02:31 AM

Or keep switching between the herbivore and carnivore mouths.

Nameless
2008-09-14, 03:36 AM
AHH! Can wee stop talking about spore? :smallannoyed:

I don't have it yet. ._.

Threeshades
2008-09-14, 06:20 AM
AHH! Can wee stop talking about spore? :smallannoyed:

I don't have it yet. ._.

I second that. :smallfrown:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-14, 06:47 AM
I'll just talk about it in the next Memory Loss anyway :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2008-09-14, 06:49 AM
We've spent the last 2 or 3 pages on Spore. Let's talk about something else.

Falcon PUNCH!!

Elder Tsofu
2008-09-14, 07:49 AM
Added an episode where cleaned up a bit in the citadel - lying, the key to the storeroom lies underneath your doormat. (I left the cleaning-bill with it)

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-14, 08:10 AM
Nice job with the tire! It looks just like mine :)

Tracing FTW (Or you're REALLY good)!

Elder Tsofu
2008-09-14, 08:15 AM
Thx, for the compliment (no tracing around here) - but if you look close you will see that I left out some parts (yay for simplifying!:smalltongue:)
(or maybe not, things tend to get hard to see when I export them)

Nameless
2008-09-14, 09:34 AM
@Q: HOW COULD YOU TAKE MY BELOVED PANCAKES! :smallmad:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-14, 10:10 AM
@Q: HOW COULD YOU TAKE MY BELOVED PANCAKES! :smallmad:

Simple, he's a mad seintist now. They can do anything, as long as it backfires in a humorous way.

I wonder if that'd make a cool prestige class?

FireDrake
2008-09-14, 10:38 AM
Or keep switching between the herbivore and carnivore mouths.

If you can afford it you can have one of each, then eat equal amounts of meat and plants to keep yourself in the middle.

Lavidor
2008-09-14, 10:44 AM
Hmm, maybe the war would work if we moved minatures on a campaign map, followed by scenes of battle.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-14, 11:26 AM
Random kill:
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/kill4.gif

I'm not in the picture. :smallfrown:

Emperor Ing
2008-09-14, 11:48 AM
:smallconfused:What the hell? Since when did...anyone have a lightsaber?

Mad Mask
2008-09-14, 11:50 AM
:smallconfused:What the hell? Since when did...anyone have a lightsaber?

Well, Jason has a one. Two, in fact.

Emperor Ing
2008-09-14, 11:53 AM
I don't recall them ever being lightsabers, nor did he ever draw them as such.
But Jedi Master Jason, I like that idea. :smallsmile:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-14, 11:54 AM
http://www.kinogo.com/victor/kill5.gif

Heh. I look so happy to be dead. :smallbiggrin:

How did my tear just switch sides on my face? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-14, 12:07 PM

You mean Qs only have one functional tear duct? :smallconfused:

Elder Tsofu
2008-09-14, 12:07 PM
Lol, happy to be part of the gang. ^^

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-14, 12:09 PM
You mean Qs only have one functional tear duct? :smallconfused:

They probably wouldn't have any tear ducts unless they choose to have them, but I was talking about the fact that the tear just switched sides on my face. If it was another tear, the first one would still be there.

Ad least he got my uniform right.

Mad Mask
2008-09-14, 12:21 PM

What are you talking about ? The tear stays on the same side. [/bluffcheck]

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-14, 12:25 PM
Oh, my mistake.
[/bluffchecksucceed.]

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-14, 12:25 PM
So, is Mad Mask fashioning me as a new handbag? :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2008-09-14, 12:26 PM

No, just a +1 phish of WTF

Mad Mask
2008-09-14, 12:29 PM

Actually, more of a plush toy.

Nameless
2008-09-14, 01:01 PM
Am I not there because you can't kill Death? :smalltongue:

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-14, 03:43 PM
Oh, my mistake.
[/bluffchecksucceed.]No, I think you failed it.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-14, 03:45 PM
No, I think you failed it.

Say wha? :smallconfused:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-09-14, 06:19 PM
I don't recall them ever being lightsabers, nor did he ever draw them as such.
But Jedi Master Jason, I like that idea. :smallsmile:

Indeed.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd224/JasonDoomsblade/JediJason.png

It's pretty half assed. Compared to my usual work.

The Gremlin
2008-09-14, 07:08 PM
Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for a while on a camping trip.
Q: Prepare to see your little hat DESTROYED!!! Also, I'm gonna work on a Sprite Wars comic soon.
Mad Mask: I was not in your picture. THIS MEANS WAR!!!
Rand: Read Jason's comics. I'm pretty sure that you'll see a 'lightsabre noise'.
EDIT: Mechafox: Shouldn't the introduction of the Boomwolf/demon guy go BEFORE Ovu Monobi changes the orders?

JasonDoomsblade
2008-09-14, 07:14 PM
Rand: Read Jason's comics. I'm pretty sure that you'll see a 'lightsabre noise'.

I use *Lightsabre Noise* cuz I can't think of any other sound effect suited to energy blades extending from one's hands.

Emperor Ing
2008-09-14, 07:20 PM
I swear lightsabers sound like *vnnnn*

DoomITP
2008-09-14, 07:25 PM
I think its a bit of a "mmmm" with a " wuuumm " when you swing

Emperor Ing
2008-09-14, 07:27 PM
its definitely a *kewshh* when activated.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-14, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure which is geekier, arguing what is and is not a lightsabre, or arguing the precise onomatopoeia of a lightsabre's function...

Emperor Ing
2008-09-14, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure which is geekier, arguing what is and is not a lightsabre, or arguing the precise onomatopoeia of a lightsabre's function...

:smallcool:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-09-14, 07:44 PM

Really? You seriously can't decide? :smalltongue:

_Puppetmaster_
2008-09-14, 08:28 PM
I think that the lightsaber activation sound is more of a "Krweesh" sound.

@Lying: I second Jason.

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-14, 08:47 PM
Sprite Wars. Canon, obviously.

http://i38.tinypic.com/e020ee.pngWow... They're also deaf!

The Gremlin
2008-09-14, 11:02 PM
Putting up some comics tomorrow.

Ninja Chocobo
2008-09-15, 03:33 AM
its definitely a *kewshh* when activated.

It's 'kzzsh', and I will fight whoever disagrees.

I think its a bit of a "mmmm" with a " wuuumm " when you swing
'vwummm'. 'wuuumm' is for when they're still.

Emperor Ing
2008-09-15, 04:00 AM
It's 'kzzsh', and I will fight whoever disagrees.
Time to die. :smallamused:

'vwummm'. 'wuuumm' is for when they're still.
At best i'm gonna say that's the sound they'd make when swung.

kpenguin
2008-09-15, 04:02 AM
Arrrrrrrr!

How about we landlubbers be makin' some pirate-themed comics n' random kills for t' upcomin' Talk Like a Pirate Day?

Arrrrrr!

Emperor Ing
2008-09-15, 04:31 AM
Arrrrrrrr!

How about we landlubbers be makin' some pirate-themed comics n' random kills for t' upcomin' Talk Like a Pirate Day?

Arrrrrr!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/chrishorgen/Funnay/facepalm.jpg

Nameless
2008-09-15, 04:33 AM
Arrrrrrrr!

Arrrrrr!

Hey KP,

STFU. :smallsmile:

memnarch
2008-09-15, 06:37 AM
Arrrrrrrr!

Arrrrrr!

I would so make a pirate ship crewed by ABRers, but I probably won't have enough time to finish before Friday.

boomwolf
2008-09-15, 06:39 AM
Arrrrrrrr!

Arrrrrr!

You ARE aware that it is NOT an official day and people jest act weird that day. right?

For example I can say that today is "cheesecake day" where everyone must worship cheesecake.
But thats like any other day when you think about it...

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-15, 06:59 AM
How dare ye doubt the great cheesecake!

Also if we do end up with an ABR pirate ship, I call quartermaster! :smallbiggrin:

It's all well and good being the captain or the first mate, the quartermaster determines how many of you die of starvation or scurvy :smallamused:

Threeshades
2008-09-15, 07:01 AM
You ARE aware that it is NOT an official day and people jest act weird that day. right?

For example I can say that today is "cheesecake day" where everyone must worship cheesecake.

Yes, because the responsible citizen of earth knows they mus worship cheesecake everyday!

Nameless
2008-09-15, 07:25 AM

Cheescake Day!?!?! OMG!

QUICKLY! EVERYONE, WE MUST PREPAIR!

kpenguin
2008-09-15, 09:32 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/chrishorgen/Funnay/facepalm.jpg

Okay, that's just unfair. Random what do you have against-

Hey KP,

STFU. :smallsmile:

Not you too Nameless! Come on guys, Talk Like a Pirate Day is so awe-

LISTEN. Whether or not is an "official" day backed by some government or other authority figure doesn't mean anything. Holidays are created organically by people coming together and deciding to celebrate or mourn or respect or do something. Sometimes people do just decide to create a holiday

I good example would be Kwanzaa, the American holiday celebrating African heritage created by Ron Karenga back in the 60s. People went along with it because they felt it was worth a holiday.

Talk Like a Pirate Day was created by two guys at a tennis court over thirteen years ago and has since spread into an incredible sensation. Its been given media coverage and everything. But that doesn't matter. What matters is whether we decide to do something about it or not, whether we decide to give a damn.

I want us to, but if you guys don't, then I'll take my piratey festivities elsewhere.

The Gremlin
2008-09-15, 09:36 AM
Crazy pirates...I'm not changing my avvy, ya hear me? NEVER!!!
EDIT: The eyepatch is nothing to do with pirates! It's canon stufff! Really!
Will do a comic in a few hours.

Fawkes
2008-09-15, 10:50 AM
I want us to, but if you guys don't, then I'll take my piratey festivities elsewhere.

Avast, matey! Belay that talk. We be the scurviest dogs of the seven seas.

Yarr.

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-15, 01:55 PM
Go TLaP day! Did you know that the First Thursday of every month is Pirate Thursday, and you're supposed to wear a pirate-themed shirt that day? You can dress up more, but most people choose not to. I'll change my avatar soon to meet the TLaP day requirements. Thank you, Kpenguin, for bringing the spirit of looting and pillaging into this violent thread. I salute you.

Threeshades
2008-09-15, 03:40 PM
Avast, matey! Belay that talk. We be the scurviest dogs of the seven seas.

Yarr.

Aye, me hearties, that be tha spirit!

Emperor Ing
2008-09-15, 03:49 PM
Aye, me hearties, that be tha spirit!

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/pawnch2.png

Keris
2008-09-15, 03:56 PM
Arrrrrrrr!

Arrrrrr!

... I had forgotten... How did I forgot?
I haven't even washed my Pirate outfit yet!

...OK, calm down, it's not till Friday... I've got time...

Yarr! Ye landlubbers will be no match f'r me!

And I be calling Helmsman for the ship, should we be havin' on.:smallcool:

Threeshades
2008-09-15, 03:59 PM

i fear neither you, nor your falcon punch, nor your chronic inability to make a half-decent template of my avatar!

The Gremlin
2008-09-15, 04:12 PM

Avast, I be seein' a ninja sympathizer!
EDIT: Also, Q, I need the sprites of all the guys who are still significant to the plot.

Nameless
2008-09-15, 04:20 PM
Can we please stop the pirate talk now?

We still have a week before the Hellish day beggins, I don't want to suffer for an extra week.

It's not that I hate the day, it's just that it gets annoying after a while.

for now, it's Cheescake Day tomorow, let us prepeare for that.

Emperor Ing
2008-09-15, 04:21 PM
for now, it's Cheescake Day tomorow, let us prepeare for that.

Seconded.

What's a cheesecake?

JasonDoomsblade
2008-09-15, 04:23 PM
Seconded.

What's a cheesecake?

A cake made of cheese. DUH!

Threeshades
2008-09-15, 04:32 PM
Seconded.

What's a cheesecake?

and you want to be an arcane incarnation?

Emperor Ing
2008-09-15, 04:35 PM
I was just joking. I've never had cheesecake before to tell you the truth though.

And yes, I do want to be an AI. That would be my bestest dream come true! :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2008-09-15, 04:52 PM
Yar, I be the captain of this ship. I've got th' hat. We've got th' scurviest crew in the seven seas. Lying shall be th' quartermaster, KP'll be the the first mate, Keris Rain shall take th' helm with th' scientist navigatin', and Doomsblade and Threeshades shall be in charge of evisceratin' any sailors who cross our path. Yo ho ho!

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-15, 05:15 PM
I may join the pirate gang, mainly because I'm very susceptible to peer pressure (I minor pun).

However, I'm sorta making Q ABR comics with a mad scientist theme for some unknown reason these days, and I don't think a pirate/mad seintist thing would work out that well.

I wonder if I should officially state in canon that Q has taken the mad scientist prestige class..... *ponders*

Threeshades
2008-09-15, 05:21 PM
I may join the pirate gang, mainly because I'm very susceptible to peer pressure (I minor pun).

However, I'm sorta making Q ABR comics with a mad seintist theme for some unknown reason these days, and I don't think a pirate/mad seintist thing would work out that well.

I wonder if I should officially state in canon that Q has taken the mad scientist prestige class..... *ponders*

I've seen spaceninjascientistmimepiratehermitsheep so why shouldn't it work?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-15, 05:23 PM
I've seen spaceninjascientistmimepiratehermitsheep so why shouldn't it work?

It's too complicated.

memnarch
2008-09-15, 05:52 PM
I be the lookout on this ship, me hearties! Where we headin' Captin' 'Fox?

Fawkes
2008-09-15, 05:59 PM
I be the lookout on this ship, me hearties! Where we headin' Captin' 'Fox?

Yar, we be searchin' for booty! Raise the sails, ye dogs!

Nothing disintegrates a pirate organization quite like killing the leader.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/dakka2.png

That clearly isn't Captain Nobody, because he doesn't bleed in color.

Threeshades
2008-09-15, 06:07 PM
The following takes place just before the group teleports to the airship.http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7769/abr059it5.png
considering that David Bowie was the goblin king in Labyrinth, this is fun.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-09-15, 06:12 PM
The following takes place just before the group teleports to the airship.http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7769/abr059it5.png

Everybody remembers Frank the plot goblin, but nobody ever remembers my buddy, the green-shirt Q. :smallfrown:

Aw well. He's coming too. If nobody remembers him, I guess I'll just have to make him remembered. BWA HA HA! :smallevil:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-09-15, 06:18 PM
For some reason "...a drow, a trekkie, David Bowie, and a goblin" strikes a funny chord in me. :smallbiggrin:

_Puppetmaster_
2008-09-15, 06:26 PM
I be joinin' tha' pirate crew too! :smallsmile:

Arr!

PS: I've been altering my art style to include colered lines. I will be swapping the templates as I make them, so I may or may not have any one person done at any one time.

EDIT: It just occured to me... I'm a Ninja-Pirate!:smallbiggrin:

Shades of Gray
2008-09-15, 06:32 PM
Oliver isn't a drow.

I'm a gray, same as Shades.

Fawkes
2008-09-15, 06:33 PM
Oliver isn't a drow.

I'm a gray, same as Shades.

And Jason isn't actually David Bowie. :smalltongue: