PDA

View Full Version : Getting an "Authentication Required" box?

Grynning
2008-08-31, 12:06 AM
Just recently (last night and today) when I open up a thread that's been linked either in someone's sig or in a post, I get an authentication dialog box asking for a user name and password. I just cancel out of it and move on, and the page opens up normally, but I was curious as to what this is, and if I can do something to my browser to fix it.

Rawhide
2008-08-31, 12:37 AM
What thread?

Grynning
2008-08-31, 12:54 AM
It's been several different ones now (any time I open one that someone links in a new tab), but the one I remember it happening with first is the one linked in Chronos' signature (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88715). I right clicked, hit open in new tab, and got the box (using Firefox). The dialog box says: "Enter username and password for "" at g.1asphost.com" (just tested it again).

Rawhide
2008-08-31, 12:59 AM
It was Person_Man's signature.

Grynning
2008-08-31, 01:01 AM
I don't follow?
The thread I linked I got to from the link in Chronos' sig. Either way, it happens with any linked thread I open.

Edit: Except it doesn't seem to be happening now...did you perform strange intarwebs magic?

Double edit: Oh, I see what you meant. Thanks :smallbiggrin: Means he must have posted on everything I've been clicking on today.

Rawhide
2008-08-31, 01:04 AM
Person_Man had an image in his signature that required authentication to view, hence, any page he had posted on would cause the error. I have removed it.