PDA

View Full Version : Jack Sparrow vs. The Joker

Beholder1995
2008-08-31, 07:15 AM
Behold! We have on our hands perhaps the wierdest, most wacky pairing of crazy characters in all of vs. thread history! I give you-

JACK SPARROW vs THE JOKER

The combatants:
Jack Sparrow, as he appears in the first Pirates of the Carribean.

The Joker, as he appears in The Dark Knight.

The setting:
A few years before the events in PotC I, Jack and the crew of the Black Pearl have landed on a remote island in the middle of the pacific ocean in search for treasure. Jack, armed with a shovel, rum, a multitude of piratey weapons, and his most precious hat, sneaks off in early morning so as to get at the treasure himself while the crew is still sleeping.

Meanwhile, in twenty-first century Gotham City, The Joker is up to another murderous bank heist. Fleeing from the authorities with his cash, he meets up with Batman, and a dramatic battle on the top of a scyscraper ensues. In the middle of the clash, The Joker is knocked from the top of the building, and plummets to his doom.

BUT at the same time, a wormhole opens up at the base of the building, and The Joker is whisked away to an unknown period of time.

Sparrow, his crew on the opposite side of the island, is at the mouth of the cavern that the treasure lies within, when there's a flash of light, and behind him is suddenly The Joker, as creepy as ever, armed with his knife and a mostly loaded submachine gun.

And so I give you the perfect scenario: The Joker vs. Jack Sparrow.

*chorus of demented laughter*

Rawhide
2008-08-31, 07:20 AM
Why have you created this thread? :smallconfused:

Beholder1995
2008-08-31, 07:21 AM
Why have you created this thread? :smallconfused:

This is the place for vs. threads, correct?

DraPrime
Well Jack Sparrow is just a funny badass, while the Joker is an insane genius with quite an arsenal. I say Joker wins simply by being more advanced.

Leigh
*joins in with more demented laughter*
Ohhh, wow. I guess everyone already knows who I'll be rooting for, without a doubt!:smallbiggrin:
Go Cpt. JACK!
See, the Joker is evil, and I'm a strong supporter of good. Therefore, even though Jack has had some off moments, he's still hilariously amazing.

Emperor Ing
2008-08-31, 07:25 AM
Submachinegun versus Cutlass
As much as I like Jack, I have to give it to the joker. :smallyuk:

Rawhide
2008-08-31, 07:27 AM
This is the place for vs. threads, correct?

Actually, no, this is the place for media discussions. Sometimes people might want to discuss the various power levels of say, Starfleet and The Empire (to take a classic example) and argue about how they might measure up, but Media Discussions is not a place to randomly pit two or more characters together in a duel.

Beholder1995
2008-08-31, 07:29 AM
Actually, no, this is the place for media discussions. Sometimes people might want to discuss the various power levels of say, Starfleet and The Empire (to take a classic example) and argue about how they might measure up, but Media Discussions is not a place to randomly pit two or more characters together in a duel.

This is the place that brought us Link vs. Sauron...

that's pretty random... :smallconfused:

Rawhide
2008-08-31, 07:34 AM
I'm not fully aware of that thread so I'm not going to discuss it directly, but there have been many vs. threads created that shouldn't have been, some have been locked, others have been missed.

Beholder1995
2008-08-31, 07:35 AM
I'm not fully aware of that thread so I'm not going to discuss it directly, but there have been many vs. threads created that shouldn't have been, some have been locked, others have been missed.

Erm...

So... you want to lock this thread? :smallfrown:

Fan
2008-08-31, 07:35 AM
*whaps beholder on the head*
Do not argue with a Mod its bad juju!

Rawhide
2008-08-31, 07:41 AM
I'm not trying to berate you, we're just trying to teach people that Media Discussions is for, well, media discussions.

The idea of putting one universe against another isn't bad in itself, as sometimes many people wonder what would happen if the two universes were to collide (as in the classic Star Wars meets Star Trek I posted above, plenty of sites out there on that), but the Media Discussions forum isn't about going 'Ahha! Why don't I pit this person against that one! That would be funny/etc!'.

You can also see from the replies you have gotten that they have been short "I want this person to win!" kind of replies with no real meat/discussion.

Steven the Lich
2008-08-31, 07:58 AM
The most oddest match off in vs. thread history? What about Spongebob vs. Cthulhu?

Well Jack Sparrow is just a funny badass, while the Joker is an insane genius with quite an arsenal. I say Joker wins simply by being more advanced. On the contrary, we've seen Jack wiggle his way out of pretty bad situations. Examples are pretty abundant. He swings around while being shot by the British Navy and escapes (Only to be foiled later by a blacksmith and a drunk sadly), captures the Dauntless to trick the navy into leaving the Interceptor and taking the interceptor (And sabotaging the cannons on the Dauntless to ensure escape), talks his way out of being killed by Barbosa, tricks Barbosa into not killing William and then takes a coin to even the scales of the curse and playing a team move with William to kill Barbosa and most of his crew, escapes the navy again by falling off the cliff into the water to be rescued by his ship (Though Norrington allowed him to leave), talks his way out of loss of his soul to Davy Jones, engages in a three way battle with Norrington and William (And gets the heart and leave the other two in a water wheel rolling out of the jungle), figures out how to get back to the living world, escapes the trading companies ship using a cannon and miniature for the cannonball to break the mast (Also preventing their movement), votes for Elizabeth to be the Pirate King (errr... queen would be more accurate) and surprising the entire counsel thus, and with all impossible odds, he slips away from Davy Jones on his own ship, and going into sword fight (And swinging on ropes quite a few times). In the end, he outwits his entire ship, when they leave him and take the pearl, by taking the map they were using to discover the fountain of youth. He isn't far behind the Joker in wits.

Now given that the Joker has a machine gun, it'll be tough, but Jack did manage to move around being shot by several people at once. Besides, Jack can unleash a plan that will be so mad that maybe the Joker can't figure it out. Right now, I can't figure out what Jack has on his side, so I can't say right now.

But I have to root for Jack Sparrow.
"Captain Jack Sparrow!" - Jack
Captain Jack Sparrow then. My favorite pirate ever, and no doubt can put Black Beard to shame.

PS: What are the odds that a worm hole opens up to save one of the more manaical villains in Batman from a crushing death, and then teleporting him to the era of Pirates of the Carribean?
And what the heck, I'll join in with the demented laughter.
*Chorus of demented laughter (with evil music too)*

EDIT: Took too long on the post.
EDIT#2: Hey, I put up a good few points.

Rawhide
2008-08-31, 08:02 AM
The most oddest match off in vs. thread history? What about Spongebob vs. Cthulhu?

I'm pretty sure that one got locked (or should have)...

Thank you Steven for at least putting a lot of effort into your reply, but as per the above reasons, I am going to close this thread.