PDA

View Full Version : PbP Thought

dj2145
2006-08-01, 11:23 AM
Has the moderator staff considering making sub-folders in the PbP area to help keep game posts together? I would think that by creating folders for the PbP area that Dm's can keep all of their threads in would be universally congratulated. Not sure what this would take on your end, or even if it would be doable at all, but just thought I would throw it out there for thought.

Keep up the great work! Oh, and Rich, I dont think your lazy. :)

dj

Samiam303
2006-08-01, 05:38 PM
Mmm... you could just bookmark the threads you use regularly...

Dhavaer
2006-08-01, 08:41 PM
Just put links to the old threads in the first few posts. It works for us, and we have about 20+ threads total.

dj2145
2006-08-02, 08:34 AM
Sure, you could do that and it's probably effective. I was just throwing an idea out. Not even sure it's feasible or not. I am new to PbP though (just PBEM up till now) and I found it a bit chaotic looking at the game boards. Maybe once I get a bit more comfy with the process it wont be so difficult.

Thanks

Adghar
2006-08-03, 04:40 PM
Another thing you could do is move your game here (http://www.dndonlinegames.com/index.php), a place linked in the Go button on the left sidebar.

Chris_Chandler
2006-08-03, 10:16 PM
Wait, where am I? Right...

Subthreads are an awesome idea. I'm involved in a few games on a forum where there is a subthread structure, and really works well. Yes the bookmark suggestion works well, but it isn't the "opening page" of the thread. This is the aspect of such a structure that I find most appealing.

Yes, I can go to another forum to get such a feature. I like this forum, and I've built a good number of friends on this forum, and, as such, would like to see such a feature on this forum.

I do like the new setup, btw - the new additions are good.