PDA

View Full Version : What to do with all these eyes...

Jack2000
2008-09-01, 03:31 PM
Hi recently one of my fellow party members has acquired the habit to keep the eyes of one of each new monster/mob we encounter, by now he has:
2 eyes of a Gargoyle
2 eyes of a Gray Dwarf
2 eyes of a Drow

I asked him what he intended to do with all these eyes he's plucking out of the last victim per encounter and he said he's still not figured out.

So I ask you this: What can we do with these little balls that used to see?
Are there any item we can craft and insert them in or what?

The New Bruceski
2008-09-01, 03:36 PM
Hi recently one of my fellow party members has acquired the habit to keep the eyes of one of each new monster/mob we encounter, by now he has:
2 eyes of a Gargoyle
2 eyes of a Gray Dwarf
2 eyes of a Drow

I asked him what he intended to do with all these eyes he's plucking out of the last victim per encounter and he said he's still not figured out.

Put them in a crown/tiara and convince common folks that it gives you magical powers to see through lies and trickery. Then become a judge and rule the city.

insecure
2008-09-01, 03:37 PM
I don't know of any spells that use eyeballs, but I've only got acces to, like, two splatbooks, so I think it's just for fun.

icefractal
2008-09-01, 03:43 PM
It's rather expensive, but you could make a Robe of Eyes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#robeofEyes). Maybe with enough eyes as power components you could reduce the cost.

I believe there's also a "Dead Man's Eye" spell that lets you see what the creature last saw before death, but given how you got the eyes, that wouldn't be very useful.

TheCountAlucard
2008-09-01, 04:03 PM
I've got a problem along a similar line. The guy goes to the trouble of prying the teeth from any sort of wolf, worg, etc. that he kills.

fractic
2008-09-01, 04:09 PM

Cast Pragi's fiery gaze!

Oracle_Hunter
2008-09-01, 04:13 PM
I've got a problem along a similar line. The guy goes to the trouble of prying the teeth from any sort of wolf, worg, etc. that he kills.

But teeth can be made into a fetching necklace (or bracelets, or other jewelry) while eyes tend to... decay rather quickly.

Forget magic items. Cast a preservation spell on them and keep them in a Bag of Holding. They're souvenirs, not Roc Feathers.

Jack2000
2008-09-01, 04:34 PM
Cast Pragi's fiery gaze!

Where can i get the reference for this "Pragi's fiery gaze" ?

fractic
2008-09-01, 04:36 PM
Where can i get the reference for this "Pragi's fiery gaze" ?

It's a spell on the discworld MUD which can be found here (http://discworld.atuin.net/lpc/). It's basically a fireball spell that uses an eye as a material component.

Tengu_temp
2008-09-01, 04:41 PM
"Interesting" jewelry.

An important part of very realistic sock puppets.

Delicious soup.

Flickerdart
2008-09-01, 04:42 PM
I believe as per BoVD, brandishing eyes when casting a spell gives some sort of bonus.

Pink
2008-09-01, 04:48 PM
One of my players chooses to take along finger bones of skeletons they pass. He hopes to one day begin resurrecting them and hopefully one of them will be quite high leveled and willing to serve the one who rezzed him. Of course by the time they're actually able to afford the rez spells the party will probably be higher leveled anyway.

Totally Guy
2008-09-01, 05:20 PM
Maybe he could sell them to a very desperate orb wizard.

Sinfire Titan
2008-09-01, 09:45 PM
2 eyes of a Gargoyle
2 eyes of a Gray Dwarf
2 eyes of a Drow

A spell in the BoVD has them as material components (or at the very least they are optional components).

I had a character who did that. Once. He kept the eye preserved and hid it in a bag until he decided to show it off. Never used it, just held onto it for no reason.

ghost_warlock
2008-09-02, 04:58 AM

Years ago, in a Star Wars game, I was playing an ewok-ish character and I did something like that with the claws of a tiger-like monster I killed. I had planned to make a fetish/totem out of the claws. The storyteller (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Jerkass) gave me a Dark Side point. :smallconfused::smallmad:

Lyndworm
2008-09-02, 06:11 AM
Eye golem. As far as I know, they don't exist, but I can't pass up the chance to make this guy...

http://www.rovang.org/wg/pics/eyeguy.jpg

Coke_Can64
2008-09-02, 06:27 AM
Eye golem. As far as I know, they don't exist, but I can't pass up the chance to make this guy...

http://www.rovang.org/wg/pics/eyeguy.jpg

What the-... :smalleek:

That's like a Power Rangers monster gone wrong...

On another note, make some fake magical jewelery outta them and sell it to townspeople (like The New Bruceski said).

Dode
2008-09-02, 06:33 AM
buy a leather bag and make a beholder disguise?

Lyndworm
2008-09-02, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=Coke_Can64;4840552]What the-... :smalleek:

That's like a Power Rangers monster gone wrong...QUOTE]

Actually, that's just plain Power Rangers. Old school, back in the day, the way they did it when I was a kid. More age cliches.

Zack

Eldariel
2008-09-02, 06:58 AM
I remember that one! Eye Guy was its name, correct? Back in the beginning of the first season? Man, that was totally awesome back in the day. I can't have been older than 9 when I saw that...

bosssmiley
2008-09-02, 07:48 AM
Goggle or glasses frames, some springs...I'm sure you see where this is going.

Masterwork Googly Eyes: +2 bonus to Intimidate

Charity
2008-09-02, 07:51 AM
You could pull some excellent sneezing with a fork in your hand gags...

How is he keeping his grizzly trophies fresh?

Knaight
2008-09-02, 07:53 AM
What the-... :smalleek:

That's like a Power Rangers monster gone wrong...

More like ancient greek mythology gone wrong.

Lyndworm
2008-09-02, 01:54 PM
More like ancient greek mythology gone wrong.

The Eye Guy does have that Argus-y looka bout him, doesn't he? Amazing I never made the connection before...

Zack

evisiron
2008-09-02, 02:04 PM
I remember that one! Eye Guy was its name, correct? Back in the beginning of the first season? Man, that was totally awesome back in the day. I can't have been older than 9 when I saw that...

Hehe, I recognised him too! One of the few I remember. The other is the frog guy that ate 4/5 of them, and it looked like he might win. I cheered for him just because he was the underdog. Then the Pink one stabbed him in the face with a sword or something and he vomitted the others back up. :smallfrown:

As for the eyes, the eye-less corpses is already a cool calling card kind of thing. If it were one of my sillier characters he would be throwing them into other peoples drinks.

And this topic reminded me of about 2:20 into this...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g&feature=related

:smallbiggrin:

Knaight
2008-09-02, 04:59 PM
The Eye Guy does have that Argus-y looka bout him, doesn't he? Amazing I never made the connection before...

Forgivable, seeing as he never was turned into a peacock. At least I don't think so, but if you know Argus' name thats kind of a dead giveaway.

vicente408
2008-09-02, 05:57 PM
Hehe, I recognised him too! One of the few I remember. The other is the frog guy that ate 4/5 of them, and it looked like he might win. I cheered for him just because he was the underdog. Then the Pink one stabbed him in the face with a sword or something and he vomitted the others back up. :smallfrown:

As for the eyes, the eye-less corpses is already a cool calling card kind of thing. If it were one of my sillier characters he would be throwing them into other peoples drinks.

And this topic reminded me of about 2:20 into this...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g&feature=related

:smallbiggrin:

I remember a monster that disguised itself as a clown, whose true form was a sort of pineapple monster. It turned people into cardboard cutouts. Freaked me the crap out as a kid.

Mushroom Ninja
2008-09-02, 06:03 PM
2 eyes of a Gargoyle
2 eyes of a Gray Dwarf
2 eyes of a Drow

Oh god... You've just reminded me of the PC in the first SWRPG game I ran who would cut all sorts of pieces off of any villain the pcs downed and then mount them on plaques in her room.

I had thought I would finally be able to forget all about it, but now you've gone and made me recall. :smallsigh:

Glimbur
2008-09-02, 07:09 PM

No, they fed him spicy food first. As to why I remember that... couldn't tell you.

Inhuman Bot
2008-09-02, 07:23 PM
You could pull some excellent sneezing with a fork in your hand gags...

OH MAN! I need to do this when I next play my evil charcter :smallbiggrin:

EndlessWrath
2008-09-02, 08:56 PM
Perhaps find some magical or material way to trade an eye for an eye? for example. If you're a human... and you get an Orc's eyes. You'd want darkvision. So perhaps finding a surgical or magical means of trading eyes... will allow you that benefit... for a cost.

-----------
on the other hand. Perhaps use them as an offering to an evil god/demon for powers unknown to man?

playswithfire
2008-09-02, 09:11 PM
there's the trophy collector feat from PHBII, but it's not all that good

Lemur
2008-09-02, 09:52 PM
Graft them on to your body. Or his body. Or someone's body. It doesn't really matter where.

Collin152
2008-09-02, 09:56 PM
Animate them.
Undead Eyes for the win.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-02, 09:58 PM
This doesn't matter for you, but i want to say that I've been inspired by this thread to stat up a TN character that cuts odd parts off of any vanquished foe for "research" and "components". Then one time when the party is getting owned I open a Ring Gate and a swarm of mutated monstrosities come out, made of a combination of the best parts of all the villains I've ever fought.

And then the party figures out where my platypus familiar came from...

Edit:Does anyone know any class, at all, that could do this? I'm drawing a blank.

playswithfire
2008-09-02, 10:02 PM
This doesn't matter for you, but i want to say that I've been inspired by this thread to stat up a TN character that cuts odd parts off of any vanquished foe for "research" and "components". Then one time when the party is getting owned I open a Ring Gate and a swarm of mutated monstrosities come out, made of a combination of the best parts of all the villains I've ever fought.

And then the party figures out where my platypus familiar came from...

Edit:Does anyone know any class, at all, that could do this? I'm drawing a blank.

Not quite what you're looking for, but an effigy master could probably throw some interesting things together if you can get the DM to allow some of the more interesting monster templates (e.g. Tauric) on the effigies based on your research from the different pieces you'd collected. There's probably some necro prestige class that could do it with undead rather than constructs, but I don't know what it is