PDA

View Full Version : LoZ: The Phantom Hourglass Help

Gaelbert
2008-09-01, 04:09 PM
During the final boss fight with Bellum inside the Ocean Temple or whatever it's called, I always get stuck on the last part. I can beat all of the stages up until the last one. Ciela tells me to draw a figure eight or an hourglass shape. I touch the hourglass icon at the bottom of the screen, and then the yellow boxish thing pops up. Then, I draw a figure eight in it, but nothing happens. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and this irritates me because it's at the very end. Help, please, someone?

Terraoblivion
2008-09-01, 04:31 PM
That is because not only are the instructions for this horrible, the pattern recognition is really picky. As i recall it you need to do it sideways like an infinity symbol and then just try over and over until the game accepts it. It took me ages and several guides to figure that out, though.

Gaelbert
2008-09-01, 04:36 PM
Is it supposed to be more curved or sharp? oo or |X|? And do we have to press the hourglass icon twice after you draw it wrong to reset it or what?

Terraoblivion
2008-09-01, 04:51 PM
I do not remember how to reset the hour glass and i honestly cannot say if i drew it more curved or sharp. It was half a year since i played the game and it was hardly a controlled action that gave me success at drawing it. I'm afraid i answer those questions.

Flying Elephant
2008-09-01, 05:24 PM
When I tried to do this on my first playthrough, I couldn't and gave up. I went back and played through the entire game, and after many tries finally was able to do it about 1 out of 4 times. I still have no clue how to do it.

Gaelbert
2008-09-01, 06:34 PM
Okay, thanks you guys.

Dihan
2008-09-01, 06:58 PM
I found it easy... I can't remember how I found it easy, but I remember beating the final boss on my first try.

Spirit300064
2008-09-14, 12:09 PM
It was the same for me. I just drew a figure 8, and time stopped.

EDIT: You don't really need to reset it, just draw over and over again. That's how I did it