PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Forgotten Realm Feats

Dhavaer
2008-09-02, 04:28 AM
Here they are (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4ex/20080902a).

Wanna feats for mah swordmage! Wanna powers for mah swordmage past level 3, for that matter.

Edit: Holy crap, extra manifestation is a heroic feat? I was expecting paragon at least.

Myshlaevsky
2008-09-02, 04:43 AM
I missed that. I'm surprised they're all for heroic tier. Looks like humans don't have the racial feat edge anymore. Well, maybe they still do, but a lot of these are pretty good.

2008-09-02, 04:44 AM
Nicely spotted, Dhavaer. Does anyone notice that there's an Eladrin racial feat called Moon Elf Resilience and another called Sun Elf Grace? I was wondering how 4e Faerun is going to use the new elves, especially since Faerun has so many subraces. I guess they've combined some of them together. Same for Wild Elf Luck and Wood Elf Agility (both are Elf racials.)

I wonder where the Dragonborn are coming from.

Myshlaevsky
2008-09-02, 04:45 AM
Nicely spotted, Dhavaer. Does anyone notice that there's an Eladrin racial feat called Moon Elf Resilience and another called Sun Elf Grace? I was wondering how 4e Faerun is going to use the new elves, especially since Faerun has so many subraces. I guess they've combined some of them together. Same for Wild Elf Luck and Wood Elf Agility (both are Elf racials.)

I think they might well be one only. We'll have to wait and see.

From another realm I think.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-09-02, 07:49 AM
From another realm I think.

Outrageous! That has never happened in the Realms!

... except for the Elves. And the Orcs. And several Human races. And Saurians... um... drat.

clericwithnogod
2008-09-02, 08:58 AM
Maybe Saurials evolve/transform into Dragonborn?

dead_but_dreaming
2008-09-02, 09:01 AM
They come from Abeir.

Gavin Sage
2008-09-02, 09:21 AM

By FR history, Moon and Sun Elves came from Faerie or however its spelled. The Feywild is now this place brought back into closer contact by the Spellplague along with Toril's lost other-world Abeir. Which will give the Dragonborn I guess

The confusing one is Tieflings since they already existed and all.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-09-02, 11:53 AM
The confusing one is Tieflings since they already existed and all.

There was a Crisis on Infinite Torils in which the Toril-Prime Tieflings were merged with the Toril-II version, resulting in the 4e Tiefling populating Toril-Prime.

Some say that the Toril-II Elminster was behind this crisis, but now he's locked away in a demiplane from which there appears to be no means of escape. :smalltongue:

Myshlaevsky
2008-09-02, 12:00 PM
There was a Crisis on Infinite Torils in which the Toril-Prime Tieflings were merged with the Toril-II version, resulting in the 4e Tiefling populating Toril-Prime.

Some say that the Toril-II Elminster was behind this crisis, but now he's locked away in a demiplane from which there appears to be no means of escape. :smalltongue:

This is genius.

Mando Knight
2008-09-02, 12:10 PM

But what about Toril-616 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-616)? :smalltongue:

Aron Times
2008-09-02, 12:35 PM
Moon Elf Resilience [Eladrin]
Spend healing surge as free action when using fey step in certain situations.

Hm... I guess subraces are now done through feats, like multiclassing. Moon elves are still called moon elves, but they use eladrin stats. Looks good.

RTGoodman
2008-09-02, 01:51 PM
I missed that. I'm surprised they're all for heroic tier. Looks like humans don't have the racial feat edge anymore. Well, maybe they still do, but a lot of these are pretty good.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't really see anything that says they're heroic tier. Maybe they're all three tiers just mixed together. I could be wrong, though.

I'm not that big a fan of the Swordmage so far (*ducks for cover*), but there are a coiuple of feats there that look pretty promising outside FR. For instance, the Tiefling feat that gives +1 Fort and Will - that's ALMOST as good as one of the human feats in the PHB.

Ecalsneerg
2008-09-02, 02:53 PM

Does he cause ret-cons when attempting to cast his way out of there?

Dhavaer
2008-09-02, 04:10 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I don't really see anything that says they're heroic tier.

It's right up the top:

In today’s Forgotten Realms Player's Guide preview, we introduce a new suite of feats, in this case for the heroic tier.

I wonder exactly how Extra Manifestation will work? I assume you'll have to choose between your manifestations, and need a short rest or something to switch them, because if you have the benefits of both all the time, that's a pretty overpowered feat.

Isomenes
2008-09-02, 04:17 PM
Here's to hoping Stubborn Survivor stacks with Human Perseverance. Even if it doesn't it'll be a nice situational +1 to it. Yay humans!

(I'm the only human in my 4E campaign. Hurray pink fuzzy mammals.)