View Full Version : Bring Back _____

Haleyintraining
2008-09-02, 09:49 AM
If the Giant would bring back one character, what would it be:

A) Pompey and Leeky.
B) Miko
C) Hilgya
D) Other: _________.

Personally, I think Durkon and Hilgya might run into each other again sometime.

Laurentio II
2008-09-02, 09:52 AM
If the Giant would bring back one character, what would it be:

A) Pompey and Leeky.
B) Miko
C) Hilgya
D) Other: _________.

Personally, I think Durkon and Hilgya might run into each other again sometime.
If you means "who do you prefer", Hilgya. A character that really has a lot to offer, and has been quite under utilized.
If you means who would be better... Roy. Please.

Ikialev
2008-09-02, 09:58 AM
Roy is not dead.

I want Miko back~

Deepkicker
2008-09-02, 10:09 AM
With Hilgya, Pompey and Leeky I wouldn't really go as far to say I WANT them back. I'm not reading each strip praying that they'll make an appearance. However, I am expecting them back sometime, especially Hilgya. I think it would be a little weird if she especially didn't make a return. Of course, I doubt any of the three will have a large part to play in the story.

As for Miko, I'm in the camp that doesn't want her coming back. She's one of my favorite characters in the comic (love to hate her kind of way) and I think the arc her character went through would be ruined if the Giant brought her back.

So I'm gonna say Other. I'd like to see the assassin's from the hotel back in slightly more substantial roles. They were hilarious.

Thant
2008-09-02, 10:13 AM
Lord Shojo definitely. I miss that wacky old dude with the cat:smallfrown:

Laurentio II
2008-09-02, 10:14 AM
Roy is not dead.
Silly me, I though that the whole issue about him dying meant that he was dead.
Now, for real: I know that he is still in the comic (while Miko is not, and I'm not complaining at all), but with so few speaking lines and interaction, that I'm missing him.

Enlong
2008-09-02, 10:26 AM
D: That Guy With a Halberd.

Wikkin
2008-09-02, 10:37 AM
The wooden alpaca

Santiago
2008-09-02, 10:40 AM
The god in my signature.

Fri
2008-09-02, 10:49 AM
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. My favourite villain from the comic.

Baron Pineapple. We only know so little about him.

Spot Check DC 15: Baring that, CPPD Chief. So the giant can make CPPD Blues Comic

MReav
2008-09-02, 11:03 AM
Windstriker (sans Miko)

NerfTW
2008-09-02, 11:04 AM
As much as I enjoyed Miko's arc, I really think that

A) It would be ruined if she was brought back
and
B) She really is a one trick pony, and any further "misunderstandings" would start to wear thin. She basically ignored it when the gods themselves told her she was wrong. There's really nowhere to go from there.

As for the Linear Guild members, I would like them all to make appearances, because one of the strengths of this comic is it's ensemble cast, and they were deep enough (or just funny enough) to warrent a return. Then again, more than a few villians were designed just to move the plot forward and exit stage left, such as the bandits, the assasins at the inn, Zditri or whatever his name is, and that Kobold family.

But I'd like at least a shout out to the ones that are still alive by the end of the strip.

bibliophile
2008-09-02, 11:12 AM
Hmm, I think I'd most like to see Hilga back. She's an interesting charecter that I would like to see more of. If Blind Pete's cleric of loki is who I'm hoping it is, I may just get my wish.

Linkavitch
2008-09-02, 11:45 AM
Roy. He's still in the comic, but he has such a small role right now, it doesn't really matter until they Resurrect him. With the ones you listed. . . Hilgya. Durkon needs some character development.

blackspeeker
2008-09-02, 12:12 PM
SoD spoiler
Keith Baker

Trizap
2008-09-02, 12:28 PM
oh come on, Hilgya is obviously the cleric of Loki,

Hilgya was a cleric of Loki.

This is a cleric of Loki.

Stories tend to have the same characters run into each other .

its Hilgya, obviously

blackspeeker
2008-09-02, 12:32 PM
oh come on, Hilgya is obviously the cleric of Loki,

Hilgya was a cleric of Loki.

This is a cleric of Loki.

Stories tend to have the same characters run into each other .

its Hilgya, obviously

Maybe you need to pay closer attention, pete says this cleric is an old childhood friend, and a he. Hilgya clearly isnt.

celestialkin
2008-09-02, 12:34 PM
D: That Guy With a Halberd.

Agreed. There is no other option.

David Argall
2008-09-02, 12:54 PM
Miko is clearly The Candidate. Quite simply she dominated the stage, very obviously so, and would be a major asset to the story in the future. We were remined of stories of actors whose careers were blighted by being too good for their parts, with the result they distracted from the stars.

But Miko has been quite thoroly killed off. [Not the mere mechanical details, the finality of the manner.] It would smack of cheap soap opera to bring her back. And our writer is writing the story of the Order of the Stick, not Miko.

Shojo too has been given a pretty final send-off and he has filled his function in the story. There is just no reason to bring him back except as a memory.

Now Hilgya has an obvious way to be brought back into the story and she may yet be. But she is still just a bit player. When/if she appears, it will be pretty much for just an arc of 10-20 comics, if that.

Pompey and Leeky are low grade combinations of the bad points of both the other two. Their ending is reasonably final as is. And they don't really grab the reader the way Miko does. The story just does not seem to be going in directions where they are needed.

Most of the others have been seen so little that there is really nothing to bring back.

DraPrime
2008-09-02, 12:54 PM
I'd actually prefer any of the guys without a halberd.

An Enemy Spy
2008-09-02, 01:24 PM
Belkar should get ambushed by Yikyik's entire family, and then open a store selling kobold heads that have been turned into household items

Ron Miel
2008-09-02, 01:33 PM
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. My favourite villain from the comic.

Baron Pineapple. We only know so little about him.

Spot Check DC 15: Baring that, CPPD Chief. So the giant can make CPPD Blues Comic

Pure speculation but

I've predicted in other threads that the OOTS will travel back in time.

I think that Baron Pineapple is going to will have been* Belkar (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0514.html)

*Time travel really screws up tense formation, doesn't it.

Querzis
2008-09-02, 01:35 PM
I would really like to see the assassin, the Shadowdancer and Kaboom Redaxe, in a more important role. They were really cool and, now that they arent trying to kill the King of Nowhere anymore, Kubota could hire them.

And, of course, the guy with a halberd.

Deathwisher
2008-09-02, 01:44 PM
Belkar should get ambushed by Yikyik's entire family, and then open a store selling kobold heads that have been turned into household items

You mean he hasn't done that already?
Seriously, Hilgya seems the most obvious choice to me. There is a lot of possibility for further character developement there and she would be easy to bring back.

Greg
2008-09-02, 02:04 PM
Shojo. More like the last strip.

Tre of the Wood
2008-09-02, 02:12 PM
Zz'Drti. But not permanantly, just for like one or two comics where she can have a new name and weapor so she can be arrested for impersonating yet another famous dark elf.

Belkar Rocks
2008-09-02, 02:20 PM
Bring back the Boston Rag;
Tell all your buddies
That it ain't no drag.

Or C) Hilgya. Good possibilities for messing up the plot, which is always fun. :smallsmile:

hamishspence
2008-09-02, 02:20 PM
Riliel ErnaeB? :smallsmile:

Miklus
2008-09-02, 02:31 PM
Miko, clawing her way out of hell in a spikey red and black armor, her eyes burning with the hatred that only a scorned female can muster...

Or Hilgya, with a mini-Durkon on her arm...

Either way is good :smallbiggrin:

AceOfFools
2008-09-02, 09:39 PM
She really is a one trick pony, and any further "misunderstandings" would start to wear thin. She basically ignored it when the gods themselves told her she was wrong. There's really nowhere to go from there.

No where to go, how about up?

Not that I think this will happen (nor would I be particularly looking forward to it if I did), but Miko could spend some time with other paladins and archon in the heavens and actually see that she might not always be right.

The mountain is about achieving enlightenment, she could get a little.

As for who I actually would like to see return, (excluding obvious returners like the Linear Guild)... Julia. I think family members tend to be underutalized, and would like to see her get a chance to do something besides "damsel in distress," and "hey look boobies."

That and I like her snarky sense of humor.

Setra
2008-09-02, 10:03 PM
The fact the Giant bothered to show Leeky and Pompey leave together possibly means they will show up again... though if I recall correctly they left in such a way they may not be villains next time. I could be wrong, as I am too lazy to check.

I wouldn't mind seeing what exactly happened with Miko though. Not bringing her back per se, so much as just giving a clue as to what is going on with her in the afterlife.

If she did end up in the LG afterlife maybe the Tavern of Infinite One Night Stands gave her the Treasure she needed :smalltongue:

Lord_Butters_I
2008-09-02, 11:27 PM
The fact the Giant bothered to show Leeky and Pompey leave together possibly means they will show up again... though if I recall correctly they left in such a way they may not be villains next time. I could be wrong, as I am too lazy to check.
Nah, Rich just put that in because Nale was counting on them to rescue him, while in actuality they're abandoning him. I doubt HIGHLY that either one will ever make another appearance ever again.

SPoD
2008-09-03, 02:01 AM
Julio Scoundrel. Either in the present, or as part of a flashback story.

luffy316
2008-09-03, 02:50 AM
I miss the dwarf and shadow dancer duo

Staven
2008-09-03, 03:27 AM
I'd like to see the dirt farmer and his wife reappear just so Belkar can kill them. But I'd enjoy it if the rogue that he killed (the one who was going to kill Hinjo) made a reappearance, as sentient undead or resurrected, because his character had a lot of potential.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-09-03, 05:29 AM
D) Roy

I want him to fix V :smallfrown:

Laurentio II
2008-09-03, 06:00 AM
Julio Scoundrel. Either in the present, or as part of a flashback story.
You know that the moment he step in the story, he is going to be killed in front of Elan in order to be avenged by his former student? I'm not partial to him, but it's in his best interest not to be seen again.

Hokum
2008-09-03, 08:48 AM
Thog. Period.

SPoD
2008-09-03, 11:58 PM
You know that the moment he step in the story, he is going to be killed in front of Elan in order to be avenged by his former student? I'm not partial to him, but it's in his best interest not to be seen again.

That's exactly why it would be hilarious to see him again. He'd spend the entire time trying to avoid the various tropes about mentors, convinced he was going to get killed any second.

UnChosenOne
2008-09-04, 12:21 AM
Zz'Drti as Lelax'jar. Realy i hope that Hilgya would return.

krossbow
2008-09-04, 12:45 AM
Definitely samantha and her father.

They were such a great couple of characters. Even though they were bandits, you really couldn't dislike them, y'know? They weren't really that evil, especially compared to belkar.

Majorman
2008-09-04, 04:05 AM
I miss the dwarf and shadow dancer duo

Me too. I won't be very disappointed if I don't see them again, though.