PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Undead (3.5)

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-02, 10:37 AM
In the first session of a new campaign last night, my party captured a Necromancer after killing most of his Zombies and Skeletons. However, his 2 Ogre Zombies "survived" as well. My Wizard Conjurer(headed into Malconvoker) had him order the Zombies to obey me, take no actions that I do not direct, and never harm me. He did so, and then attempted to escape and was killed. What happens now? Do the Zombies crumble(dang), go uncontrolled(******), or just continue to obey me(:smallbiggrin::smallamused:)? My DM is new and even our former DM wasn't sure, so I ask the experts. Help?

Duke of URL
2008-09-02, 10:43 AM
They would become uncontrolled once the Necromancer dies.

Mastikator
2008-09-02, 10:47 AM
I'd say they were only obeying you because they were obeying him to obey you, which the Necromancer out of the picture the zombies are uncontrolled as if he had dismissed them or animated too many zombies for his caster level.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-02, 10:51 AM
Damn. Well, it was worth a shot. Still a great first session.

Starbuck_II
They would become uncontrolled once the Necromancer dies.

However, uncontrolled zombies follow last order given.

So three possibilities:
They listen to you, but must tell them specifically what to do (since yiu said that you direct).
They just stand there for eternity
They go berserk attacking (but that isn't RAW)

Tsotha-lanti
Yep, definitely uncontrolled now. The necromancer's control over them is gone, so they're no longer obeying his orders.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-02, 10:57 AM
However, uncontrolled zombies follow last order given.Do they? I can't find RAW on that, but that was what I thought would happen, which is where the confusion stems from.