PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] E6 + forgotten realms?

RagnaroksChosen
2008-09-02, 01:09 PM
I was thinking about running a realms game using the E6 rules( http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=352719).

Has any one done this before, can any one give me some pointers?

thanks!

Tam_OConnor
2008-09-02, 07:20 PM
I'm running an E6 campaign now, but I'm curious: why E6 and Faerun? It seems like they'd be incompatible. I mean, I'm having trouble seeing Dove Falconhand as a level 6 + feats, much less the Simbul or Elminster.

General E6 word of advice: use a wide CR range of enemies. Even a band of 1st levels can threaten level four PCs, provided they have good tactics (or the PCs are over-confident).

EvilElitest
2008-09-02, 08:31 PM
my mind is on fire. NOOOOO

but really, why E6?
from
EE

RagnaroksChosen
2008-09-02, 09:34 PM
i love forgotten realms lore.. the ideas behind it are cool... i never realy use any of the Major NPC's i ususaly make my own...

I've run a game of FR In the middle of the They-Hallaran war.. it was alot of fun...

And i like the rules for E6... i had an idea for a campain but the more and more i look at it i think it's to high fantasy... just curious though if any one has used the E6 rules for any known campaign settings?

LibraryOgre
2008-09-02, 10:36 PM
I haven't done this, but there shouldn't be any major issues; the major NPCs can be explained in it... templates cover a multitude of sins.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-09-03, 08:23 AM
i saw how they handle level adjustments ... does any one think it works or is it balanced?

Eldariel
2008-09-03, 09:29 AM
It works for dealing with stats, but some special abilities can be more problematic. Still, it's the best system I've so far seen for handling LA. Unfortunately it can't go above LA +4.

LibraryOgre
2008-09-03, 09:54 AM
i saw how they handle level adjustments ... does any one think it works or is it balanced?

It does have trouble with post-facto LA, as well; you can become a vampire, gaining a +8 LA, and it's simply more power.