PDA

View Full Version : Delete a post with a bad date?

Greebo
2006-06-22, 10:09 AM
You know how people like to use the find last 10 posts to see what the Giant has been saying lately, and how theres one post that always shows up at the top of the list because its got a date in 2031 or something like that...

Well, thats in this thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=comics;action=display;num=1511664442 ;start=3#3

And as near as I can tell, none of the links in that thread are any good anymore...

Sooo...just wondering, could mebbe that rogue date post get tossed? ;)

Not a huge deal or anything, just be a minor convenience to those of us who like to use that function. :)

WampaX
2006-06-22, 10:55 AM
Why?
Its always nice to see that the Giant was once a happy fellow whenever I do a top 10 on him.

2017 is part of the sites history, those were the halcyon days of yore, when people would dance and frolic through the playground, the signal to noise ratio was pro-signal, and RawBear had fewer grey hairs.

But we had to come back to stop Biff Tannen and Kieth Baker from taking over the playground. . . man, those were the days.

Adghar
2006-06-22, 01:25 PM
But we had to come back to stop Biff Tannen and Kieth Baker from taking over the playground. . . man, those were the days.

Really? I don't remember that, and I was here way before 2017... do you mean the DDoS attacks? That was a time of worry for all.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-22, 01:44 PM
I think it's charming and cute and a nice little quirk. It always makes me smile. Then again I'm easily amused. Don't you wish you were like me? ;)

WampaX
2006-06-22, 05:49 PM
Really? I don't remember that, and I was here way before 2017... do you mean the DDoS attacks? That was a time of worry for all.

Of course you wouldn't remember it, we prevented the alternate present in the past so that it never happened. Only those of us in the time machine would retain any memory of those events, as well as be an actual week older for the ordeal, once we got . . .
Back to the Future.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-22, 06:17 PM
"Hello? McFly? Anybody home?"

SalSar_Thiran
2006-06-22, 08:09 PM
"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life here."

TinSoldier
2006-06-22, 09:08 PM
"Make like a tree, and get out of here."

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-06-22, 09:52 PM
"It's leave, you idiot! 'Make like a tree, and leave.' You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong."

Arian
2006-06-22, 10:44 PM
A few years ago, Moonsinger looked out the window at a tree that was just starting to grow its new-season foliage and commented:

"The tree's leaving. ....Um, no, that wasn't what I meant!" ;D

Ikkitosen
2006-07-13, 11:22 AM
I had a post in 2017, but I deleted it 'cos I thought it made my "recent posts" list look bad. I miss it now :(