PDA

View Full Version : This may sound outlandish but...

Shadow_Elf
2008-09-02, 06:52 PM
Would it be too weird for them to defeat the generically large demon due to the arrival (and the general morale bonus) of Haley, Celia, Belkar and Roy? Many people have noticed that, using the pregnancy as a timeline, that Haley and Celia's story is several months behind that of Elan, Durkon, V and the others. So, perhaps Rich could take up the slack all at once, and then they could explain their travels in a series of flashbacks, the demon defeated and the team reunited?
Maybe I'm just crazy...

LuisDantas
2008-09-02, 07:01 PM
Sounds fine to me. There is no particular reason why it couldn't happen, and it would be a nice surprise to those who want the party reunited ASAP.

Aeriander
2008-09-02, 07:01 PM
Now that you thought of it, probably not.
:smallsigh:

Linkavitch
2008-09-02, 07:31 PM
Now that you thought of it, probably not.
:smallsigh:

That's actually probable, as Rich has said sometimes he does things different then what people say in the forum, just 'cuz.

Shadow_Elf
2008-09-02, 07:41 PM
That's actually probable, as Rich has said sometimes he does things different then what people say in the forum, just 'cuz.

That would suck, as I took a long time(ish) developing this theory.

@Luisdantas: Nice choice of avatar btw

Kish
2008-09-02, 07:47 PM
He didn't. He said that if he sees that someone has predicted what he's going to do, he's tempted to change it. He also said that he's never actually done so.

Then he said he reads the forum very little now, some time later.

That said, I think the chances of his doing this are not good. He's not going to cut the storyline with them being split up short.

Staven
2008-09-02, 08:46 PM
I would guess that if he did it, it would be in the style of Elan's escape miniarc. Seems as likely as anything, though.

David Argall
2008-09-02, 09:12 PM
Would it be too weird for them to defeat the generically large demon due to the arrival (and the general morale bonus) of Haley, Celia, Belkar and Roy? Many people have noticed that, using the pregnancy as a timeline, that Haley and Celia's story is several months behind that of Elan, Durkon, V and the others. So, perhaps Rich could take up the slack all at once, and then they could explain their travels in a series of flashbacks, the demon defeated and the team reunited?

Haley and Celia are not several months behind the rest of the party. In fact, they may be a week or two ahead. The two timelines are lined by events such as the birds.
Since V send out the birds, and Haley and Belkar ate them, Haley has visited the Oracle and then travelled to Greysky, a period of at least two weeks. We do not know [tho we assume] that more than a day or two had passed for Elan and friends.
[It would seem that our writer is just content to have a plothole in the timing here. Which may be the least bad solution. At least some alternatives I have considered have notable flaws.]

As to the basic idea... Our author used this idea with Elan and Haley, and he doesn't like to copy himself. So he is unlikely to use the idea for the split party here. It is also not as well suited for the current situation. Once Elan broke jail, which happens right away, we know he will find the party, so having him crash the window first does not lessen the surprise much. By contrast, in our current situation Haley has several difficulties to get past before she is ready to journey to the party. So we hurt a lot of surprise by having her suddenly appear with the party just when she is needed.
So the odds are heavy against the idea.