PDA

View Full Version : Things to be happy about in The Playground

Zakama
2008-09-02, 11:01 PM
This is pretty self explanatory. Post things you're happy about, things that went right, things that made you smile today. I'll start it off by saying I just IMed with the girl I like, and I think it went well. Like, really well.

>_>

<_<

:smallsmile:

celestialkin
2008-09-02, 11:05 PM
I didn't die today?

reorith
2008-09-02, 11:05 PM
This is pretty self explanatory. Post things you're happy about, things that went right, things that made you smile today. I'll start it off by saying I just IMed with the girl I like, and I think it went well. Like, really well.

>_>

<_<

:smallsmile:

nice.

i'm happy about posing as this girl and getting an instant message from a dude and pretending it went well. like, really well.

wadledo
2008-09-02, 11:08 PM
I didn't die today?

How can that be a happy thing?

I'm happy I got the chance to rain on this parade by being all self-indulgingly depressing.:smalltongue::smallwink:

I'm also happy that there are people and places that are definitely happier than me, so I can look and say, "I'm never going to be anywhere near as happy as they are, but at least they are happy".

MisterSaturnine
2008-09-02, 11:10 PM
nice.

i'm happy about posing as this girl and getting an instant message from a dude and pretending it went well. like, really well.

You're a cruel man, Jack Sparra.

OK, things to be happy about...that aren't political...

Oh! Although it may or may not be over now, as the girl I'm about to mention is in college now and I'm still a senior in high school, my first relationship was a healthy one. For the most part. I think. :smalltongue:

Collin152
2008-09-02, 11:12 PM
I didn't die today?

One of the many phrases you can never say as a lie.

What to be happy about...
Well, I wish I could say.

Things don't make me happy, beign happy makes me things.
Wait- What?

my emotions don't relate to reality very much, you see. If I'm happy, I'm likely to give causualty to the weather, or the moon phase, or something along those lines. Sure, events can make me happy, like when I spoke with a normally reserved and oh so very hot guy the other day, but that doesn't last long. The overwhelming, crushing despair of all other events would catch up too fast, so I let myself stay shrouded in apathy to events, and let myself be emotional arbitrarily.

It's kind of odd, really, sometimes. Like the Stepford Wives. But with just one. And not a woman.

Agamid
2008-09-02, 11:16 PM
I got a big box of roaches and mealworms delivered to my door.
I won the auction on an awesome pair of stockings on ebay.
My beautiful big Avie gave me a hug.
My bubby lizards are gorgeous and cute and Kali's colours are incredible.
Rio and Michael told me a hilarious story about some preppy idiot who had her vicious remarks about goths turned back on her and had everyone in Queen Street laugh at her.

loopy
2008-09-02, 11:22 PM
Congrats Zamaka. Always nice to have that warm glow when you have a good convo with the one you like.

Things to feel happy about...
- That I finally have a job interview, and the prospect of earning some money after all this time.
- That people care for me, even if they keep saying they've fallen for me. Can be awkward.

Raiser Blade
2008-09-02, 11:30 PM
I'm happy because I managed to complete a full days work today and still goof off all day on the computer.

It makes no sense now that I think about it. >.> >.> >.> >.>

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-02, 11:32 PM
I happy because my new school didn't look to bad.

reorith
2008-09-02, 11:35 PM
i found out about a party where some high school students would be doing illegal stuff so naturally, i did the right the thing and emailed a copy of the facebook event page to the police. i'm happy because i did the right thing for my community and wrecked someone else's hard work. i'm so happy, you'll have to skin me to remove this smile from my face.

celestialkin
2008-09-02, 11:40 PM

How can it not?

B-Man
2008-09-02, 11:41 PM
I guess that I'm happy that I'm able to cross the US border with my health card + birth certificate instead of shelling out an arm to afford a passport.

celestialkin
2008-09-02, 11:44 PM
I guess that I'm happy that I'm able to cross the US border with my health card + birth certificate instead of shelling out an arm to afford a passport.

But why do you want to come down here? Canada is so much better right now.

B-Man
2008-09-02, 11:48 PM
But why do you want to come down here? Canada is so much better right now.

Concert going and the fact that the dollar is so good that I can pick things up cheaper than here. I think those are some solid reasons to cross the border for a few days. :smalltongue:

celestialkin
2008-09-02, 11:51 PM
Concert going and the fact that the dollar is so good that I can pick things up cheaper than here. I think those are some solid reasons to cross the border for a few days. :smalltongue:

I see. Take advantage of us and our dying economy? And I always heard you Canadians were a nice peoples. :smallannoyed:

skywalker
2008-09-02, 11:59 PM

This makes me cry.

No offense, but I miss our good money :smallfrown:

Also, Celestial and wadledo, if I can figure out how to nest quotes, I'm sigging that exchange :smallsmile:

I'm happy about... uh... like celestial, I'm not dead...

Also, uh... Conan is funny right now. One of the lion cubs pooped on Conan! :smallbiggrin: Apparently I got transplanted back to being 5.

B-Man
2008-09-03, 12:02 AM
I see. Take advantage of us and our dying economy? And I always heard you Canadians were a nice peoples. :smallannoyed:

This makes me cry.

No offense, but I miss our good money :smallfrown:

What I was meaning (and being misinterpreted) is with the Canadian Dollar being high now... bah...

* removes miserable self from the happy thread *

Icewalker
2008-09-03, 12:05 AM

I'm happy I got the chance to rain on this parade by being all self-indulgingly depressing.:smalltongue::smallwink:

I'm also happy that there are people and places that are definitely happier than me, so I can look and say, "I'm never going to be anywhere near as happy as they are, but at least they are happy".

Sad is happy for deep people. :smallwink:

Cookie to anybody who has horrific flashbacks of being attacked by statues.

celestialkin
2008-09-03, 12:12 AM
Also, Celestial and wadledo, if I can figure out how to nest quotes, I'm sigging that exchange :smallsmile:

I'm honored.

Also, uh... Conan is funny right now. One of the lion cubs pooped on Conan! :smallbiggrin: Apparently I got transplanted back to being 5.

LoL. I am glad to see I was not the only one. Some gags are just still funny on a primal mindless level.

skywalker
2008-09-03, 12:14 AM
What I was meaning (and being misinterpreted) is with the Canadian Dollar being high now... bah...

* removes miserable self from the happy thread *

You weren't misinterpreted. Your money being up is our money being down.

That's how American thinking works when it comes to the economy lol.

Sorry.

We still love you and hockey!

celestialkin
2008-09-03, 12:17 AM
We still love you and hockey!

Well, not so much the hockey...

You make a nice hat, though.

Unique
2008-09-03, 12:32 AM
Let's see:

Shirley The Cheerfullest Woman in the World was at work today, so I got to talk to distilled essence of bubbly happy hyperactivity.

My scyther is at level 66 *hugs Serena the Scyther*.

I'm home.

I'm alive.

My genitalia are intact.

Things that I'm less happy about:

Although the presence of Shirley made me grin, the lack of John made me sad. He'th kinda hot, even if I strongly suspect telling him that would get me punched in the face.

I'm a little hungry right now.

Things that make me angry:

It's cheaper to get a large soda than a medium at Mcdonalds. WTF?

Don Julio Anejo
2008-09-03, 01:04 AM
i found out about a party where some high school students would be doing illegal stuff so naturally, i did the right the thing and emailed a copy of the facebook event page to the police. i'm happy because i did the right thing for my community and wrecked someone else's hard work. i'm so happy, you'll have to skin me to remove this smile from my face.
I'm sorry to say this, but I hate people like this. Thank you very much for a ruined party, if not several - I doubt the person hosting it will want to host another one soon.

P.S., you're not doing the right thing. You're just getting back at those guys for doing something you don't like.

Kjata
2008-09-03, 01:14 AM

:smalleek::smallconfused:

I dont see why you had to do something like that, did it affect you at all? If not, why the ****:smallfurious: do you think that was in any way necessary?:smallfurious:

Things to be happy about, i just got a fifth of sky vodka and a fifth of parrot bay. Haha friday will be great, and im 16!

Edit: Damn Ninja'd

thubby
2008-09-03, 01:47 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but I hate people like this. Thank you very much for a ruined party, if not several - I doubt the person hosting it will want to host another one soon.

P.S., you're not doing the right thing. You're just getting back at those guys for doing something you don't like.

maybe he did it for the wrong reasons, but they shouldn't be breaking the law in the first place.

anyway, i went to my first day of college and my face didn't melt, nor did the teacher try to eat my soul, or anything else painful or unpleasant.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-09-03, 01:54 AM
maybe he did it for the wrong reasons, but they shouldn't be breaking the law in the first place.
Were they setting up an illegal brothel with Eastern European prostitutes and smoking crack cocaine there? Doubtful. Most likely they were just drinking and at the worst, blazing.

Also, the law isn't an absolute, it's not a commandment to be blindly obeyed. It's usually there to prevent people from doing something that harms other people. E.g. it's illegal to steal, embezzle funds, beat people up, etc.

On the other hand, laws regarding underage consumption of alcohol aren't there because alcohol is more harmful to people younger than 18/19/21 depending on the country. Teenagers become fully aware (cognitively) of what they're doing at around 12 to 14 and can make perfectly rational choices starting from that age (that's also why teenagers become responsible for crimes at 13 or 14). Alcohol also isn't more harmful to teenagers than it is to adults. And it doesn't cause addiction in the same way amphetamines or nicotine does. Hell, certain multiplayer videogames are way more addictive than alcohol ever will be.

The reason for these laws is religious morality.

Pink
2008-09-03, 01:55 AM
Ah, I think I like the concept of this thread. Need more healthy sharing of the good things that happen.

Today: Had first day of college this year. Went well, only had to stay 20 minutes in the classroom, have the rest of the week to complete a review assignment of last year's work which looks fairly easy.

Played boardgames tonight. Admittedly, I was supposed to be Dming my groups weekly DnD group, but some couldn't show. So we made the best of it. I learned a new game called Amiraa (sp?) and played a couple games of munchkin with the other players in my group and a game of Carcassone, and fun was had by all. Good times.

Also, Found out there might be a long weekend in the near future for me to run another allnighter DnD session with my group. We've recently discovered how fun those are.

Kjata
2008-09-03, 02:01 AM
Also, the law isn't an absolute, it's not a commandment to be blindly obeyed. It's usually there to prevent people from doing something that harms other people. E.g. it's illegal to steal, embezzle funds, beat people up, etc. On the other hand, underage consumption of alcohol isn't there because it's bad or hurts people. Teenagers become fully aware (cognitively) of what they're doing at around 12 to 14. That's the age they can make rational choices. Any laws about the consumption of alcohol that set the age above that are guided by religious morality rather than concern for teenagers.

...Kinda. Your decision making part of your brain isn't fully developed until you are 21, which is why that is the U.S. drinking law. Or so says my sophmore health teacher. Who i ignored:smallcool:

Castaras
2008-09-03, 02:21 AM
I'm happy because it's still going strong after...over a year and a month.

^.^

I'm also happy because I've finally got a day at home without an annoying brother to annoy me. :smalltongue: And then I get to steal his timetable and see what teachers he has. :smallbiggrin:

thubby
2008-09-03, 03:30 AM
hidden for length
Were they setting up an illegal brothel with Eastern European prostitutes and smoking crack cocaine there? Doubtful. Most likely they were just drinking and at the worst, blazing.

Also, the law isn't an absolute, it's not a commandment to be blindly obeyed. It's usually there to prevent people from doing something that harms other people. E.g. it's illegal to steal, embezzle funds, beat people up, etc.

On the other hand, laws regarding underage consumption of alcohol aren't there because alcohol is more harmful to people younger than 18/19/21 depending on the country. Teenagers become fully aware (cognitively) of what they're doing at around 12 to 14 and can make perfectly rational choices starting from that age (that's also why teenagers become responsible for crimes at 13 or 14). Alcohol also isn't more harmful to teenagers than it is to adults. And it doesn't cause addiction in the same way amphetamines or nicotine does. Hell, certain multiplayer videogames are way more addictive than alcohol ever will be.

when drinking age was upped to 21, dui and other alcohol related deaths plummeted, it wasn't an arbitrary decision. and in my experience, under aged drinking parties always get someone hurt.
now personally, I'm more of a don't ask don't tell kind of person, but i certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone for putting a stop to it.

religion/politics *inches away*

banjo1985
2008-09-03, 04:28 AM
Reasons to be cheerful:

- I'm not dead
- All you guys appear to not be dead, which is good
- It's actually sunny today
- There have been events in the past few days that have reaffirmed my faith in the human race, or at least the small section of it that I know.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-09-03, 05:22 AM
I fixed my internet [/nerd out]

Smoke
2008-09-03, 05:34 AM
A lovely girlfriend.

DrowVampyre
2008-09-03, 05:47 AM
I have a kitten sleeping on the bed beside me. That's always a good thing.

dish
2008-09-03, 05:53 AM
I have a puppy on my lap.
Proof:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/dishuiguanyin/DSC00599.jpg

It's actually a bit bitter-sweet, because it means that we've accepted that my beloved Ping-Ping (who was stolen) is gone for good...

But still, puppy!

Klose_the_Sith
2008-09-03, 06:06 AM
I got my hands on the Aerosmith album I've been hunting for
There are a few girls who like me
I'm not yet dead (almost)

reorith
2008-09-03, 06:15 AM
:smalleek::smallconfused:

I dont see why you had to do something like that, did it affect you at all? If not, why the ****:smallfurious: do you think that was in any way necessary?:smallfurious:

Things to be happy about, i just got a fifth of sky vodka and a fifth of parrot bay. Haha friday will be great, and im 16!

Edit: Damn Ninja'd

yeah but kjata, you probably have enough sense to not post a driving directions to your house on facebook and invite people indiscriminately, to get wrecked with you. also, have fun with your skyy, the people at the party that is going to be busted are drinking vlad, so you're in better shape then them.

if seven eighths of all parties didn't get shut down by the police, then the other eighth that go on like they're supposed to wouldn't be so meaningful.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-09-03, 06:41 AM

Evil Good? I freakin love it!

You're clearly awesome contrary to what these randoms are saying.

Exeson
2008-09-03, 06:47 AM
I'm happy cause I havn't lose an eye yet. :smallbiggrin: ... although eyepatches are shmexy.

Player_Zero
2008-09-03, 06:47 AM
I have a puppy on my lap.

I have a kitty on my lap.

The kitty is so soft and pretty.

Hmmm... Happy... Happy... Happy...

Can't think of anything decent... I'll get back to you on that one.

Gem Flower
2008-09-03, 06:57 AM
Yesterday I spent at least 20 minutes talking t two girls and a guy in the "in-crowd" :smallbiggrin:

celestialkin
2008-09-03, 08:38 AM

And so they don't kill themselves, or more importantly other innocent people.

"Laws are not absolute"? Yeah...:smallannoyed:

Kjata
2008-09-03, 02:31 PM
yeah but kjata, you probably have enough sense to not post a driving directions to your house on facebook and invite people indiscriminately, to get wrecked with you. also, have fun with your skyy, the people at the party that is going to be busted are drinking vlad, so you're in better shape then them.

if seven eighths of all parties didn't get shut down by the police, then the other eighth that go on like they're supposed to wouldn't be so meaningful.

Ya but i go to parties with directions and what not. But ya, i wouldn't invite people indiscriminantly, i know better than to invite people who would tell cops, so i guess they kinda deserved it. I call people like that dumbasses. And whats vlad? Never heard of it.

And parties aren't that special to me, i go every 2 weeks at least, depending on who's having them.

And things to be happy about, I dont have school until tomorrow, which is longer than any other district in the area.

Yesterday I spent at least 20 minutes talking t two girls and a guy in the "in-crowd" :smallbiggrin:

Cool:smallcool:
Talk to 'em again.

Inyssius Tor
2008-09-03, 03:40 PM
I am happy that I am capable of being very happy even when I don't actually have any reason for being happy.

It's wicked awesome.

Also, I showed up late for class today and the instructor still accepted my homework.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-09-03, 04:03 PM
Hmm. Well, two of the people I love most in the world are happy. That'll do.

Dr. Bath
2008-09-03, 04:10 PM
I didn't annoy/make mad everyone today. ¬_¬

Um. That's about it.

Copacetic
2008-09-03, 05:01 PM
Ever notive how a happiness thread pops up once in a while? Then goes away after the 5th page? And the Depression thread is ALWAYS THERE.

Anyway, happy thoughts. No one died from my apparent boredom. My homework, which I succespected to be a sheet of horriblely difficult math problems, is actually a sheet asking us questions about ourselves. Neat!

skywalker
2008-09-03, 05:07 PM
when drinking age was upped to 21, dui and other alcohol related deaths plummeted, it wasn't an arbitrary decision. and in my experience, under aged drinking parties always get someone hurt.
now personally, I'm more of a don't ask don't tell kind of person, but i certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone for putting a stop to it.

religion/politics *inches away*

This is actually not true. The downward trend in highway deaths actually began in 1969, not 1984. 1969 was actually a year when many drinking ages were lowered(in combination with the voting age) for the benefit of drafted young men. As well, it coincided with new safety features being introduced in American automobiles at that time.

Deaths from almost every cause have also dropped since 1984 due to advances in medical techniques and technologies.

I'll agree that it wasn't an arbitrary decision, however. MADD was(is) pretty durned adamant.

Which reminds me, I'm happy about the Amethyst Initiative.

Hzurr
2008-09-03, 05:12 PM
Things I'm happy about.

I've been engaged for a week and a half, and she still hasn't wisened up and dumped me yet. (Really, she could do much better, yet she sticks around. Always a good thing)

Should be receiving a call about a new nephew at any moment now.

On a side note about the whole alcohol/turning people into the police thing.

I support what this guy did, because stupid people need to learn the internet is public. If you're going to do something illegal (regardless of how I feel about the illegal activity), that's one thing, but if you're going to do something illegal and then promote it on a public forum, then you deserve to get into trouble. It's like those criminals who post about their crimes on myspace, or who take pictures of themselves with drugs.

The internet is public. Don't. be. stupid.

Collin152
2008-09-03, 05:15 PM
Although the presence of Shirley made me grin, the lack of John made me sad. He'th kinda hot, even if I strongly suspect telling him that would get me punched in the face.

Pics or it's a lie.

I'm happy, as I got to talk to a certain remarkably attractive and withdrawn individual again today. Remarkable contrast when he's silent to the chipper inquisitions of the girl standing next to me, but engages in a full on conversation with me. Makes me feel good about myself. ^^

LightWraith
2008-09-03, 05:57 PM
I turned a quarter-century old today, that counts :smallbiggrin:

If I hadn't had to bike to class in the rain today it would have been great, but other than that, yay birthday!

celestialkin
2008-09-03, 06:19 PM
I turned a quarter-century old today, that counts :smallbiggrin:

If I hadn't had to bike to class in the rain today it would have been great, but other than that, yay birthday!

I find this sort of funny.

I am dreading my 25th birthday, yet others are thrilled about it.

LightWraith
2008-09-03, 06:24 PM
Eh, I used to dread getting older.

However, at this point in my life, I'm in better physical and mental shape than I've ever been, so while I'm older chronologically, I feel younger :smallbiggrin:

*shrug* All in how you look at it I guess.

Collin152
2008-09-03, 06:48 PM
I'm happy, as I got to talk to a certain remarkably attractive and withdrawn individual again today. Remarkable contrast when he's silent to the chipper inquisitions of the girl standing next to me, but engages in a full on conversation with me. Makes me feel good about myself. ^^

Happy mood gone now.
Leviathein has me strangled in it's oppresive, burning coils now.
Cookies to anybody who interprets that properly.

reorith
2008-09-03, 08:18 PM
Happy mood gone now.
Leviathein has me strangled in it's oppresive, burning coils now.
Cookies to anybody who interprets that properly.

you saw this cute girl reading quietly in the library and you prepped to bust a move. you opened with "sup babe, my name is collin and if you like what you see, you can find me over in the general sciences." with a smile she turned to look at you and scrawled her number on a scrap of paper. as she turned to hand it to you, a sea monster burst out of a water fountain, and constricted you before diving into the murky depths with you in its grasp.

skywalker
2008-09-03, 08:22 PM
you saw this cute girl reading quietly in the library and you prepped to bust a move. you opened with "sup babe, my name is collin and if you like what you see, you can find me over in the general sciences." with a smile she turned to look at you and scrawled her number on a scrap of paper. as she turned to hand it to you, a sea monster burst out of a water fountain, and constricted you before diving into the murky depths with you in its grasp.

Collin, er... doesn't like girls.

My guess was drugs. I hope that's not true!

Collin152
2008-09-03, 08:28 PM

^This.
Seriously, does this signature mean nothing to you people?

My guess was drugs. I hope that's not true!
Also not drugs.

Cookie offer still stands. Reorith was gettign somewhere, though his interpretation of Leviathain and my own prefrences leave much to be desired.

celestialkin
2008-09-03, 08:29 PM

Yeah, he has made that clear, quite often actually.

reorith
2008-09-03, 08:32 PM
you saw this cute dude reading quietly in the library and you prepped to bust a move. you opened with "sup babe, my name is collin and if you like what you see, you can find me over in the general sciences." with a smile he turned to look at you and this skinny brunette comes over grabs his arm, and says "honey, are you ready to go?"

TheCountAlucard
2008-09-03, 08:34 PM
My Evil Birthday is in twenty days!

I might or might not be getting financial aid to pay for college!

I got to eat lasagna twice today!

My D&D players are coming over Friday for a game!

My PbP game is going awesomely!

Collin152
2008-09-03, 08:35 PM
you saw this cute dude reading quietly in the library and you prepped to bust a move. you opened with "sup babe, my name is collin and if you like what you see, you can find me over in the general sciences." with a smile he turned to look at you and this skinny brunette comes over grabs his arm, and says "honey, are you ready to go?"

Not quite? But here's a cookie for effort.
But this is the happy thread?
Cookie offer hereby withdrawn.

Em Blackleaf
2008-09-03, 08:48 PM
Besides the obvious reasons like being alive, having my family, and going to a good school (a shiny new school):
A shiny new MP3 player.
My birthday is next week.
It's impossible to sit through my biology class without smiling because of the people next to me (don't worry, I can also manage to pay attention to the teacher).
I understand math.
A shiny new backpack (I get really happy about school supplies).
I found a really cheap clothing store, where everything is six dollars or less and new.
I have gotten a lot of compliments this week. And it's only Wednesday. :smallsmile:

Now it's time for dinner! :smallbiggrin:

Hyozo
2008-09-03, 10:29 PM
Things I'm happy about at the moment:

Nothing horrible has happened in my first week of college.
I'm actually fitting into some of the student groups here.
I might actually be able to play in a non PBP game of D&D without being forced into DMing because I'm the only one with the books. (thanks to one of the above groups)
I'm actually doing pretty well in my computer science class.*
None of my other classes have reached the point that that would need to be called into question yet.

*I wasn't sure about this at first. I took the AP class in high school, which takes the place of the class we're normally required to take before the one I'm in but, while they teach most of the same materials, they used different programming languages. I was worried that my intermediate knowledge of Java may not be able to make up for the lack of basic C++, but it seems like I understand most of what we've had so far better than some of the students who took the basic C++ course.

Collin152
2008-09-03, 10:32 PM
Everything here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnwYEEGD4BE) makes me happy.

Hyozo
2008-09-03, 10:38 PM
Everything here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnwYEEGD4BE) makes me happy.

Mandatory XKCD refference! (http://xkcd.com/442/)

Collin152
2008-09-03, 10:41 PM
Mandatory XKCD refference! (http://xkcd.com/442/)

DNA Digivolve! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7lc4DNPfAE&feature=related)

Hyozo
2008-09-03, 10:57 PM
Very well, I submit to your superior YouTube-fu, but while we're on the subject... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lJQ-R6X8uw)

reorith
2008-09-03, 11:05 PM
Very well, I submit to your superior YouTube-fu, but while we're on the subject... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lJQ-R6X8uw)

youtube-fu eh? behold! and yield to my mastery (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-7OEfCKY4) also, halo makes me happy. drunk driving in blood gulch ftw

Collin152
2008-09-03, 11:14 PM
And then we have Exhibit Q (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)!

Zarrexaij
2008-09-03, 11:15 PM
Tomorrow I only have two classes. The first is at 10:30, the last one ends around 2. Talk about an awesome day!

Hyozo
2008-09-03, 11:19 PM
youtube-fu eh? behold! and yield to my mastery (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-7OEfCKY4) also, halo makes me happy. drunk driving in blood gulch ftw

Well if you can do that, I can do this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3MxQjjFpw&feature=related)

And then we have Exhibit Q (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)!

And that is why superior YouTube-fu does not inherently make you more likeable.

reorith
2008-09-03, 11:25 PM
And that is why superior YouTube-fu does not inherently make you more likeable.

superior? that is like the knee strike to the balls of youtube-fu.

Unique
2008-09-03, 11:27 PM
Pics or it's a lie.Oh yeah. That'll work great.

"Hey John, I need a picture of you."
"Why?"
"I told this guy on the internet that you're hot, but he doesn't believe me. Could you just, like, try to emphasize the sexiness of your figure?"

Hyozo
2008-09-03, 11:27 PM
I had already accepted that his YouTube-fu was superior to mine before he posted that.

Player_Zero
2008-09-04, 10:14 AM
Nice day outside. My cat is happy.

Feeling pretty good, yeah.

Feeling pretty good is quite a good reason to feel good I would say.

Collin152
2008-09-04, 05:12 PM
Oh yeah. That'll work great.

"Hey John, I need a picture of you."
"Why?"
"I told this guy on the internet that you're hot, but he doesn't believe me. Could you just, like, try to emphasize the sexiness of your figure?"

It'd work with my friends.
No doubt.

Pink
2008-09-04, 05:24 PM
Reason I'm happy in the playground today:

Playing DnD tonight. Always a reason to be happy.
Don't work tomorrow.
Lot's of anime for me to watch.
Pocky.

Kjata
2008-09-04, 10:09 PM
First day of school went great, saw all my friends.
Football game tomorrow agaisnt my cousins school. Lots of talking crap going on.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-04, 10:33 PM
My room mate paid for the slim majority of a wireless router, so we have wireless now (kicker - he didn't secure it very well and he woke and kept me up last night by watching an absurdly stupid movie)

Week one of restriction is dead and rotting! Only three weeks left! (Kicker: I'm a pessimist - that means, three weeks more of this crap)

Beautiful girlfriend is happy (Kicker: I can't go and see her due to aforementioned restriction. Also, she recently lost a fight with a car.)

I'm currently unable to smell, therefore, the delightful-smelling and delicious-tasting curry behind me is not tantalizing at all (Kicker. Thats because of a cold I have)

Fan
2008-09-04, 10:43 PM
I have offcialy owned Haruki in the insult department.

I MAY have a chance in the ninja itp contest.:smallbiggrin:

I love life.

School is easy, and the people down where I live are retards so the standards are super low thus making mje look like a genius.

Collin152
2008-09-04, 11:00 PM
(Kicker:... Also, she recently lost a fight with a car.)

!!!
Here, borrow my remote-control body double. Go thee hence and see her at once!

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-04, 11:36 PM
!!!
Here, borrow my remote-control body double. Go thee hence and see her at once!

Problem: I can neither be seen in civlian clothing or off-base.
There are cameras everywhere.
I thank thee for thy intentions, though.

Felixaar
2008-09-05, 02:32 AM
I have the best friends in the whole world!

Rare Pink Leech
2008-09-05, 06:46 PM
Congratulations to everyone for all their happy stuff so far!

Right now I'm happy that I finally resolved a course conflict that I noticed nearly four months ago. I had a required course from my minor occur in the exact same time slot as a required course from my major. I was originally told that it should be as simple as switching the minor course with a course from the major version of that program (majors have a choice of one of three classes as a required class; minors have to take this one course).

However, complications ensued, which at various stages involved me thinking that I was missing credits or had taken wrong credits, that I'd need to either take summer school (when there aren't many courses offered and I needed a fairly specific type of course, and I found this out when many of the courses were already full) or graduate a year later, that I wouldn't be able to continue in my minor, or that I would have to reapply for my minor. On top of this were slow response times, the registrar's office incorrectly recording my programs, and one person in particular (who was rather key to getting this course conflict resolved) who would need prompting to respond to even simple questions and who was generally dismissive and didn't care ...

... sorry for the rant. I know this is supposed to be a happy thread. Anyway, things have ended up working out perfectly, using the original solution. So, needless to say, I'm happy that I've finally put nearly four months of headaches and uncertainty behind me.

potatocubed
2008-09-06, 05:28 AM
I have home internet again!

I hate not being connected...

Ego Slayer
2008-09-06, 09:14 AM
I have the best friends in the whole world!
Me too! They're the bestestest friends in the universe.

When ever I'm a sad kitty they always cheer me up.

You guys are amazin'. I am happy you exist. :smallcool: :smallbiggrin:

Player_Zero
2008-09-06, 09:46 AM
Wait, us?

Awww. We're glad you exist too. :smallbiggrin:

Pink
2008-09-07, 12:47 AM
Nothing spells happiness like some bonding time with my sister while we watch a Miyazaki Studio Ghibli movie. Kiki's delivery service last night, Castle in the Sky tonight. Good times.

Fernando_wtg
2008-09-07, 01:07 AM
Elan is still ALIVE, and Roy is still DEAD!!!
All hail the mighty BANJOOOOOOH!!!!
AND HIS SON AND DEMIGOD BASS!!!

loopy
2008-09-07, 08:37 AM
That my 21st party went well, and my Joker outfit was awesome. :smallbiggrin:

http://a777.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_3628dcbdf8bd3985bb4fa464a37d1fc0.jpg

TheCountAlucard
2008-09-07, 01:51 PM

That is awesome.

celestialkin
2008-09-07, 05:31 PM
That my 21st party went well, and my Joker outfit was awesome. :smallbiggrin:

http://a777.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_3628dcbdf8bd3985bb4fa464a37d1fc0.jpg

The girl seems more important/interesting in my opinion.

Jae
2008-09-07, 07:44 PM
=]

In two weeks Ill get to see a lot of my old friends for my birthday party. which hopefully will be fun..

I'm very much liked by a guy who has, thus far, been able to handle that Im completely crazy.
and for once I like him back :smallsmile:

As of late I feel compelled to take even further action on things I want to change. awareness ftw.

I recently re-found my desire to do amazing in school. which im working on.

I finally kinda really love the way I look. really.

My mom bought a new 09 matrix that we'll share for awhile, and then it'll be mine =] it has a seven year warantee, so it should last me well through college

I have the most amazing friends who i love that I get along with so completely. my best friend got her phone taken away so its wierd not talking to her literally every night but i can deal. and of course i have that one friend who i go back and fourth from getting along really well with to wth is going on now? and im still in that confused what the eff stage atm but hopefully it all gets worked out.

And aside from feeling GUILTY for having so much going for me, I'm actually very happy =]

Mr. Moon
2008-09-07, 08:45 PM
Hmm... I'm still online, even though McAfreak shoulda kicked me off an hour ago.

I'm listening to "I'm To Sexy".

I'm the evil dictator in a role-play on Gaia.

Collin152
2008-09-07, 08:49 PM
I'm happy.
I may or may not have identified someone with extreme cosmic significance.
At the conclusion of this week, the significance of that significance, as well as the relevance of that significance, shall be outlined and relayed.
Forsooth.

Volug
2008-09-09, 05:41 PM
Well...

HALO is still going, nice to know. I have fun RPing there.

I SHOULD probably be more excited about my birthday tommorow >.>
I'm just not doing anything really, besides getting Mario Kart Wii possibly.

(b^_^)b

Collin152
2008-09-09, 06:53 PM
I"m happy that my newest real life crush keeps a vlog.
It makes it easier to seem omniscient.

What better way to start things off?

EndlessWrath
2008-09-09, 09:30 PM
-I fixed my guitar today and get to start lessons tomorrow ^.^

-I got to watch Ghost in a Shell, Stand alone complex (2) today. So very good.

-I finally finished the Meeting i had to do for a long time in my Gundam Wing Campaign :smallbiggrin:

-I've read some of the pieces we might be doing for a theater competition... looks good.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-09-09, 09:46 PM
I love RabbitHoleLost. This is always something to be happy about.

Em Blackleaf
2008-09-09, 11:20 PM
It's my birthday! Just throwin' that out there... :smalltongue:
I'm 14, good thing.
I HAVE EVERY COLOR OF CRAYON EVARRR! >:D

reorith
2008-09-09, 11:59 PM
It's my birthday! Just throwin' that out there... :smalltongue:
I'm 14, good thing.
I HAVE EVERY COLOR OF CRAYON EVARRR! >:D

waaay back when i was younger, me and my buddy james melted down crayons and created new brilliant colors beyond description! do you have those? :smalltongue:then i shot him so no one else could learn of our mystical pallet.

Unique
2008-09-10, 12:02 AM
I'm happy because I now know through his happiness-demolishing question that Reorith enjoys crushing the hopes and dreams of the young.
I find this amusing, and that makes me happy.

Em Blackleaf
2008-09-10, 12:03 AM
No. But I got one called Fuzzy Wuzzy, one called Razzmatazz, and one called Radical Red. Those are my favorites. I got a 120 pack of Crayolas.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-10, 12:06 AM
No. But I got one called Fuzzy Wuzzy, one called Razzmatazz, and one called Radical Red. Those are my favorites. I got a 120 pack of Crayolas.
*plays Candy Land with Em*

BooTheHamster
2008-09-10, 12:12 AM
I only have one more day of work before I get to rest for the weekend. Sweet.
Oh, and I discovered Xbox live recently. I'm addicted to the endless violence of Halo 3. It's incredible. I love using the shotgun. I haven't slept in DAYS...

:smallbiggrin:

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-10, 12:56 AM
In just 2 days time, I'll be moving to university after being unable to get ona course for 3 years, so I'm happy about that.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-09-13, 10:32 PM
I finally got my hat for my Mad Hatter costume, as well as the vest.

Collin152
2008-09-13, 10:36 PM
To avoid tempting fate by giving out details:
Things are working out accordign to my ultimate design.

Ergo: Happy.