PDA

View Full Version : Hulu

Miklus
2008-09-03, 05:12 PM
Ok, so I wanted to watch Hulu (www.hulu.com) on the internet, but you can't do that from europe. So I hacked it with this IP cloaking device thing. Now I got this stupid banner add stuck to the top of my browser window! :smallsigh: Everything takes three times as long to load. Does anyone have this problem and know how to get rid of it, preferably while still being able to watch Hulu? It has all the old episodes of the Simpsons...:smallsmile:

Narkis
2008-09-03, 07:12 PM
I am very interested in that IP cloaking device thing and wish to know more. I want my DR. Horrible fix, damnit!

Jack Squat
2008-09-03, 08:51 PM
It's a proxy. I used to use them a lot to get around school filters (they blocked Youtube...everyone else used them for Myspace).

Actually, speaking of Myspace, they've got a copy of Dr. Horrible up in their video's section.

Rogue 7
2008-09-03, 10:31 PM
I've used it on occasion. Nice to have somewhere legal to watch. That's most likely the future of TV right there.

Miklus
2008-09-07, 12:49 PM
I am very interested in that IP cloaking device thing and wish to know more. I want my DR. Horrible fix, damnit!

It called "Hotspot Shield". I did manage to turn that banner add off, but I'm still not sure I'll recommend it. I did get to see some of the new episodes of Simpsons, though. I can't get the channel that airs them anymore.

Yes, this is the future of televison! What I want, when I want! No more having to settle for that some people at the TV station think I should see.

Helanna
2008-09-07, 06:58 PM
Hulu is pretty much all I'll ever watch TV on. I don't watch generally watch TV on my own, so somebody has to introduce me to new shows to get me to watch. Well, I started visiting TV Tropes . . .

Now, the TV shows I'm interested in are usually ones with strict plots, so I can't watch them on TV and start in the middle! So I have to find them online. Unfortunately, there's no anime on Hulu, though.

Rogue 7
2008-10-13, 05:10 PM
I hate to bring up an older thread, but as this is only a little over a month old, I think we can scrape the rotten bits off rather than buying a whole new one.

Does anyone else have the problem with Hulu simply being unbearably slow? I wanted to watch one of the Bleach episodes they put up recently, and...it takes forever to load. My computer is reasonably up to date- a year-old Macbook that does not have any problem running video off of any other site, but Hulu is horrendously slow. Anyone else have this problem?

Mr. Mud
2008-10-13, 05:24 PM
I hate to bring up an older thread, but as this is only a little over a month old, I think we can scrape the rotten bits off rather than buying a whole new one.

Does anyone else have the problem with Hulu simply being unbearably slow? I wanted to watch one of the Bleach episodes they put up recently, and...it takes forever to load. My computer is reasonably up to date- a year-old Macbook that does not have any problem running video off of any other site, but Hulu is horrendously slow. Anyone else have this problem?

I occasionally have the said slow load times with Bleach... but, I'm also running 4GB of RAM worth of programs in the background :smallamused:. I'm wondering if you have the newest driver/adobe needed for Hulu? :smallconfused:

Rogue 7
2008-10-13, 05:42 PM
Dunno. I'm fairly sure I'm running the latest update of Firefox, but beyond that I'm fairly clueless. I'm not particularly tech-savvy, beyond actually being able to run a computer.

Unregistered
2008-10-13, 07:54 PM
Do you use Hotspot Shield? If yes this might help you:

After letting Hulu load the show a little, you can shut Hotspot Shield off and then the speed picks up again, at least it does so for me.

It seems you need Hotspot only at the beginning, when Hulu checks if you're from the right region.

Leigh
2008-10-14, 05:57 AM
I recently moved to Europe from America, and was very disappointed in that as well. Instead of hacking it, though, I switched to sidereel.com. Much easier, but it does take a while to load sometimes.

Sholos
2008-10-14, 04:22 PM
I've had the same problem. Sometimes the show just stops, and then jerks along for a bit. I haven't found a solution for it yet.

Hzurr
2008-10-15, 11:07 AM
Also, remember that if you're watching new releases, a lot of times you can watch them directly from the network website (for example, if you wanted to watch Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles (which you should want to watch), you can watch the current season on fox.com), which doesn't block different regions, if I remember correctly.