PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened

Graymayre
2008-09-03, 10:27 PM
I got this game several months ago. As a fan of the Sherlock novels, I found his investigation of Cthulhu to be interesting (even with the game's low production values)

Opinions?

Lycan 01
2008-09-04, 01:02 AM
Holmes + Cthulhu? Where can I get it, and what are the system requirements? :smallbiggrin:

Graymayre
2008-09-04, 05:34 AM
Here you go. It is not a very graphic intensive game.

Minimum System Requirements
System: Pentium III 1.3 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB
Video Memory: 64 MB
Hard Drive Space: 3000 MB Recommended System RequirementsSystem:

Recommended System Requirements
Pentium III 2.0 GHz or equivalent
Video Memory: 128 MB

here is a link to the game as well.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/sherlockholmestheawakened/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Lycan 01
2008-09-10, 08:10 PM
Sorry, totally forgot about this thread...

And now I friggin' want this game... >.< Do they have it at Wal-mart or Gamestop?

Graymayre
2008-09-10, 08:16 PM
they may, it came out last year (Ironically in september).

But, if worst comes to worse, I'm sure you could get it off of Ebay for a cut-throat price.

Lycan 01
2008-09-10, 08:19 PM
You think it'll run on a Sony Vaio running Vista? Just got this laptop last month, so I figure it'll run it decently should I grab the game...

Graymayre
2008-09-10, 08:28 PM
it should, like I said, it's not a very graphic intesive game. Though, I have heard how vista has a way of slowing computer performance.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-09-10, 08:41 PM
Sorry, totally forgot about this thread...

And now I friggin' want this game... >.< Do they have it at Wal-mart or Gamestop?

I have seen it at Wal-mart

Brother Oni
2008-09-11, 06:38 AM
The game is older than you think (released 2006) and thematically, it's very good.

I especially liked the contrast in how Holmes and Watson, with their rational perspectives, followed confronted the irrational insanity inducing Cthulhu mythos. Plus they ran away when they got their first real taste in the underground temple, so bonus points for intelligence. :smallbiggrin:

However, the game follows Holme's pattern of deductive reasoning, so you won't be able to make leaps of logic and have to follow every tedious step inbetween.

Unfortunately it's also played from first person perspective, so I could only play for 15mins without getting motion sick and never got past the asylum in Switzerland.