PDA

View Full Version : Go Team Venture!

Paragon Badger
2008-09-04, 01:36 AM
"Dr." Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture
Charismatic Ordinary 4

Abilities: Str 8, Dex 10, Con 9, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 6
Feats: Archaic Weapons Proficiency, Windfall, Builder, Deceptive, Reknown, Windfall
Skills: Bluff +7, Craft(Electronics) +5, Craft(Mechanical) +5, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +5, Knowledge (Technology) +7, Profession (Super Scientist) +9, Ride +0

Equipment: 'Diet Pills'

Brock Sampson
Tough Hero 10, Strong Hero 5, Charismatic Hero 5, Epic Tough Hero 4

Abilities: 20, 15, 22, 12, 13, 16
Feats: Brawl, Heroic Surge, Combat Martial Arts, Improved Combat Martial Arts, Frightful Presense, Advanced Combat Martial Arts, Improved Knockout Punch, Epic Toughness, Epic Toughness, Improved Brawl, Power Attack, Knockout Punch, Streetfighting, Vehicle Expert, Weapon Focus(Unarmed), Cleave, Lightning Reflexes, Iron Will, Epic Toughness, Epic Toughness
Skills: Climb +29, Craft(Mechanical) +3, Diplomacy +7, Drive +33, Gather Information +7, Listen +3, Intimidate +22, Knowledge(Popular Culture) +8, Knowledge(Tactics) +3, Pilot +4, Repair +6, Spot +3, Swim +29, Survival +3

HP: 312
Attack: +24/+19/+14 (1d8+8 19-20/x3 Unarmed)
Defense: 23
Fort: +20 Ref: +13 Will: +10

Talents: Remain Conscious, Robust, Epic Damage Reduction 4/-, Advanced Melee Smash, Charm(Female), Favor, Captivate, Epic Toughness

Rage (Ex:) When fully disrobed, Brock Sampson may enter a rage, as the barbarian ability.

Laaa la alaaaaa, extra text for the forum, laaa laaa.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-09-04, 02:35 AM
Finally, an accurate Brock build.

TeeEl
2008-09-04, 02:58 AM
Minor nitpick: Brock's at least 40 himself. He was in college with Rusty, among other things.

I also think you severely underestimate Rusty; Int 11 is way low. He fails to live up to his father's standards, but many of his inventions work fine, they just tend to be of highly dubious morality. Being a mediocre super-scientist still puts him pretty far ahead, and it's questionable as to whether he's really that mediocre. Chalking up failures seems to be a pretty consistent trait of super-scientists in the Venture-verse, with even luminaries like Jonas Sr. and Professor Impossible having rather mixed track records. He's not a first-class super-scientist but he can hold his own.

Paragon Badger
2008-09-04, 03:33 AM
Minor nitpick: Brock's at least 40 himself. He was in college with Rusty, among other things.

I also think you severely underestimate Rusty; Int 11 is way low. He fails to live up to his father's standards, but many of his inventions work fine, they just tend to be of highly dubious morality. Being a mediocre super-scientist still puts him pretty far ahead, and it's questionable as to whether he's really that mediocre. Chalking up failures seems to be a pretty consistent trait of super-scientists in the Venture-verse, with even luminaries like Jonas Sr. and Professor Impossible having rather mixed track records. He's not a first-class super-scientist but he can hold his own.

Right, forgot about Brock being in college with Rusty.

But I thought 90% of his 'inventions' were just his father's, or at least retoolings of his fathers? I gave him Charismatic and all the skill points in those areas because despite his lack of natural affinity in those areas, he tries. (It's not like he'd be good at anything else, though... :smallwink:)

TeeEl
2008-09-04, 04:09 AM
I think his output is about 33% recycled material from his father, 33% failure, and 33% technical successes that are nevertheless unethical and/or shortsighted. And 1% actual useful, positive contributions. :smallbiggrin:

Since his most successful inventions tend to be the ones that are the most morally questionable, I assume that they're probably not cribbed from his dad's stuff (even though Jonas Sr. was not exactly a saint either). I don't really think Jonas's work had much to do with the Joy Can, the clone slugs, or Venturestein, for example. Rusty also seems pretty competent at putting together military hardware (death rays, forcefields), which I don't think came from his father either.

Te'Shen
2008-09-04, 03:25 PM
I think his output is about 33% recycled material from his father, 33% failure, and 33% technical successes that are nevertheless unethical and/or shortsighted. And 1% actual useful, positive contributions. :smallbiggrin:

Since his most successful inventions tend to be the ones that are the most morally questionable, I assume that they're probably not cribbed from his dad's stuff (even though Jonas Sr. was not exactly a saint either). I don't really think Jonas's work had much to do with the Joy Can, the clone slugs, or Venturestein, for example. Rusty also seems pretty competent at putting together military hardware (death rays, forcefields), which I don't think came from his father either.When put that way, I have to agree, sir... except Dr. Venture is evil... not in a obvious way, but in a completely negligent sort of way... Like the joy can you point out (which was powered by orphans).

Deepblue706
2008-09-04, 03:41 PM
Excellent work on Brock.

As for Rusty - you're being too harsh on him! He is a fairly smart guy, he's just not his father. Plus, he's kinda screwed up.

As for his other inventions - don't forget about the Walking Eye. He might not have known what he actually wanted to do with it, but I was under presumption that was, in fact, something he built. And, it was pretty badass.

And while Venture lacks morals, I don't think he qualifies as true "Evil". He's certainly questionable, but when things are overt in the episode where Killinger tries to get him to become a Villain, he realizes he's taking things in the wrong direction. I'd sooner believe he just has a horrible perspective on things (and if you recall that bed-video that praised bondaged servitude, the flashbacks and the stories of his childhood, I think you might agree).

Man, now everyone needs to be statted out. The Order of the Triad, The Guild of Calamitous Intent, The Old Team Venture...

Kiren
2008-09-04, 04:24 PM
Dont forget to stat the walking eye

Acco Spoot
2008-09-04, 04:38 PM
Man, now everyone needs to be statted out. The Order of the Triad, The Guild of Calamitous Intent, The Old Team Venture...

Phantom Limb! He's gonna be fun to stat, that guy is essentially badass sophistication personified!

Liking the Brock stats, but where's his Bowie Knife?

Paragon Badger
2008-09-05, 12:38 AM

... :smalleek:

*flees!*

vicente408
2008-09-05, 09:22 PM
I'd expect Dr. Venture to have a high INT but a low WIS. He can come up with some quite brilliant inventions, but he lacks the common sense to use them, and himself, to their full potential.

Brock is awesome.