PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Detect (mining possibilities)

Kizara
2008-09-04, 05:33 AM
So, I am looking for a spell (preferably Ranger 1 or Ranger 2) that will allow me to detect if there is anything of value in them there hills!

Seriously, my Baron is going ogre hunting in the mountains and I'd love to see if there's anything valuable in my mountains well I'm at it.

Help please.

Epinephrine
2008-09-04, 09:07 AM
So, I am looking for a spell (preferably Ranger 1 or Ranger 2) that will allow me to detect if there is anything of value in them there hills!

Seriously, my Baron is going ogre hunting in the mountains and I'd love to see if there's anything valuable in my mountains well I'm at it.

Help please.

Well, Lay of the Land (Druid 4, Ranger 1!) combined with some knowledge skills would certainly help. You would have a good sense of the geography of the area, which can in turn allow you to use knowledge skills to try to determine the likely places to mine.

Commune with nature (Druid 5, ranger 4) would be better, but it's a higher level spell. "You become one with nature, attaining knowledge of the surrounding territory. You instantly gain knowledge of as many as three facts from among the following subjects: the ground or terrain, plants, minerals, bodies of water, people, general animal population, presence of woodland creatures, presence of powerful unnatural creatures, or even the general state of the natural setting. "

AstralFire
2008-09-04, 09:11 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/locateObject.htm

You would have to make some adjustments to it, like allow it to detect very large or an array of similar objects through earth, up the range and make it targeted rather than point-blank. But the basic effect would remain the same, and I could see giving that to a ranger.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-04, 10:48 AM
Treasure Scent, Druid 3, SpC. Detect pretty much every valuable mineral in 30' for hours/level.

Kizara
2008-09-04, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.