PDA

View Full Version : Witch variant VS favored soul

RagnaroksChosen
2008-09-04, 11:03 AM
Hey there playground!

So playing in a game of ebberon and I'm down to two choices kinda want to play a hexer type character as a spell caster (thinking about dipping hexblade for there curse ability)

i just wanted to here your opinions about doing it as a favored soul or doing it as a Witch variant of a sorcerer...

Power wise how do they compare... what about optimization wise... and last of course is Fun wise?

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-04, 11:04 AM
As ar as healing goes, the FS is much better later on (there isn't much of a difference early on). I thought a lot of the Witch's spells looked a bit too situational to really be useful to a Spontaneous caster. Which classes are the other party members using?

RagnaroksChosen
2008-09-04, 11:09 AM
we got a shifter fighter... a human whos going to try to play a daggerspell shaper... so i think hes 3 druid at the moment or druid2 ninja 1... and a bard fighter

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-04, 11:17 AM
Looking over the spell list, the Witch could be better as far as variety goes (some of their spells are Arcane-only). Assuming you can use Polymorph spells, I'd recommend the Witch in this game.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-09-04, 11:47 AM
ya where doing some tresure hunting in Xendrik so i think the witch may be better... i think it may be

Hexblade1/witch2 and so one...
using the hexblade fix of course.

Prometheus
2008-09-04, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure whether it is underpowered or overpowered relative to your suggestions but I feel compelled to mention a Witch homebrew (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=119098) I discovered and is very well put together.