PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Fallout 3 characters

alexeduardo
2008-09-04, 06:10 PM
So, the game is coming out in a few weeks, so I thought it would be time to put our thought together and decide who we're gonna play once the game is finally out.

my first idea: an overweight hispanic/hindu with Gun Nut and Bloody Mess maxed out.
Add a little biker helemt and instant lol!

seriously, i'm looking forward to Pedro, the chunky murderer

(btw, I myself am overweight but I can't seem to get it to stop being a funny thought)

warty goblin
2008-09-04, 06:34 PM
I'm gonna max the hell out of my ranged weapons skills, then blow off a lot of heads. So far that's all I know.

chiasaur11
2008-09-04, 06:57 PM
I'm thinking, if'n I ever get it, I'll be doing a Reed Richardsy guy.
All around decent, but with a big focus on intelligence and SCIENCE!

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-04, 07:12 PM
Dan Freeboot.

I'm going to try to make Dan Freeboot.

And then David Valentine.

alexeduardo
2008-09-04, 07:13 PM
oh, I'm also gonna make Stephen Colbert.

this is gonna be a fun winter

DeathQuaker
2008-09-04, 08:37 PM
I always say I'm going to play a criminal badass and then totally end up falling in love with the NPCs and not wanting to hurt them and playing a goody two shoes, so I'm just going to assume now that whoever it is, it's going to be a goody two shoes.

With a big, freakin' GUN.

Oooh.... or since they are going to have some custom weapon building.... maybe a Fred Burkle (from Angel) type character. Insane (but nice) physicist-adventurer. Is it a toaster or a decapitation machine? You decide...

13_CBS
2008-09-04, 08:59 PM
I always say I'm going to play a criminal badass and then totally end up falling in love with the NPCs and not wanting to hurt them and playing a goody two shoes, so I'm just going to assume now that whoever it is, it's going to be a goody two shoes.

With a big, freakin' GUN.

Perhaps you could draw upon Ms. Milly Thompson for inspiration?

http://www.absoluteanime.com/trigun/milly2.jpg

Trazoi
2008-09-04, 11:38 PM
I'll probably start with my usual first Fallout character; a Gifted hyper-intelligent male sharpshooter (with SCIENCE!). Then the replay is with a hand-to-hand expert female medic. I usually play nice characters with a vigilante streak against evil jerks for every build.

Triaxx
2008-09-05, 05:03 AM
There are so many. The first is obviously the 6-10-2-2-?-10-6 Gifted, Finessed Sniper.

Then of course the Stealth focused female ninja. Hmm... Gifted Black Widow.

ghost_warlock
2008-09-05, 05:15 AM
Ever since I started watching the series, I've wanted to play a character like Dexter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_(TV_series)). :smallamused:

factotum
2008-09-05, 06:47 AM
My preferred character in any RPG is one who can take down enemies from afar before they can ever hurt you back--that's why I went through both original Fallout games with a guy who was heavy on Perception, Sneak and Small Guns. His schtick was to sneak up close enough to opponents to get a good chance to hit something vital, then blow their head off with a rifle before they even knew he was there.

If something similar is available in Fallout 3, that's what I'll be playing!

Morty
2008-09-05, 06:49 AM
If I play it, I'll try to make a character focusing on Science and Speechcraft and something else, but with no combat skills, if only to see if it can be done.

Prustan
2008-09-05, 06:57 AM
Hmmm, definately someone Gifted. Other then that, probably a sniper. High sneak, no, low sneak. In FPS/RPG hybrids like this, I tend to completely ignore stealth, and just kill the bad guys in any way I can.

DeathQuaker
2008-09-05, 07:27 AM

Milly!! Yes, I'd almost forgotten about her. She'd be PERFECT. :smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy
2008-09-05, 07:35 AM
Ever since I started watching the series, I've wanted to play a character like Dexter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_(TV_series)). :smallamused:

*gets duct-tape, cling film, & syringe*

i'm thinking 1st play will be a smart smooth talker
2nd a dumb killer type
3rd... psychotic halfling person

Tengu_temp
2008-09-05, 08:39 AM

http://www.absoluteanime.com/trigun/milly2.jpg

This screen doesn't give the size of her gun enough justice.

I think I'll play a high-int, high-dex guy concentrating on small guns, speechcraft and science (or whatever skill lets you create your own stuff in Fallout 3). Gifted is a must. Try to make the wasteland a better place with diplomacy, and if this fails, gun down the bad guys!

Shikton
2008-09-05, 12:23 PM
Probably playing a diplomatic gunslinger. It's quite contradictory when I type it that way, but it's the most fun char I've played in Fallout. Probably tagging science too, since it's always handy. That means small guns, speech and science. Good combo. Gifted and...I dunno.

Maybe I'll make a melee variant if the game is worth a second playthrough. I'm a huuuge fan of the Super Sledgehammer! Too bad it knocks things whee far away. But man is it cool!

AkodoKoji
2008-09-07, 08:07 PM
I'll probably go with an unarmed diplomat. Science, Speech, and Unarmed will be tagged. High Intelligence and Endurance. High Karma/ Good alignment.

Twin2
2008-09-07, 10:36 PM
All will praise the mighty chair leg of truth as I spread it's message throughout the wasteland. :smallsigh:

chiasaur11
2008-09-07, 10:58 PM
Any member of the cast of Nextwave'd be fun.

Of course, it'd be even better if you could be a dinosaur...

MCerberus
2008-09-07, 11:11 PM
Overweight Scottish-looking scientist with mechanical skills and energy weapons.

So sue me :smalltongue:

Wraith
2008-09-08, 07:07 AM
I think I'd like to find out is the Steal skill is as easily abused in Fallout3 as it was in its predecessors.
The Gifted perk and tagging Steal/Sneak ought to do it, although I'm torn between taking Sharpshooter and Small Guns for when it goes wrong, or just taking Night Person and making sure it goes right...

Eventually I'll get around to the Kamikaze/Fast Action character, just a soon as I can find out where to get him a Ripper. :smallbiggrin:

Tom_Violence
2008-09-08, 10:49 AM
I, like DeathQuaker, often intend to play a right bastard of a character, but then end up playing an absolute nice guy when I realise that for some reason I just cannot bring myself to let down any of the game's many fictional characters.

But this time I'm confident that I might actually manage to play through the game as a real mean ****er of a character, if only because those new videos demonstrated that sticking grenades down people's pants and nuking entire towns looks like a whale of a time!

Now to work on getting a PC that will actually run the game... Anyone got a spare few hundred quid? :smallbiggrin:

JellyPooga
2008-09-08, 06:55 PM
Unless Fallout 3 has the Super-Sledgehammer, I'm not interested!

Likely, close-combat will be virtually un-viable (especially in later stages) seeing as it appears to be more of a FPS with RP-elements than a RPG.

My character of choice would be the Stealth/Melee guy...sneakin' around, pickin' locks and planting plastique...waiting for the demolition and moppin' up with a whackin' great 'ammer...ah good times...

Triaxx
2008-09-09, 08:27 PM
I hope we can blow open doors again. That was way too much fun in F1/2 and I miss it sorely in Tactics.

warty goblin
2008-09-09, 08:36 PM

Likely, close-combat will be virtually un-viable (especially in later stages) seeing as it appears to be more of a FPS with RP-elements than a RPG.

My character of choice would be the Stealth/Melee guy...sneakin' around, pickin' locks and planting plastique...waiting for the demolition and moppin' up with a whackin' great 'ammer...ah good times...

Did you see the powerfist video? Seems to make melee seem fairly potent given it was sort of decapitating guys with like 1-2 hits.

Tom_Violence
2008-09-10, 04:43 AM

Melee doesn't seem that different from the previous games. You stand next to someone, and wallop them with something as much as possible. That's about it. The only difference will be that, since its no longer turn-based, you can't necessarily run up to someone and whack them before they can react.

Speaking of which, I've noticed that VATS seems to have Action Points in it - does anyone know if that means we can move around in VATS, or is it just for attacking?