PDA

View Full Version : DMFA: Dan and Mabs Furry Adventures

Ghill
2008-09-04, 08:08 PM
This comic has nothing to do with anything this sight is related too. But it is awesome, just check out the Instant Cameo!

http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm386/Evilkritter/ghope.jpg

READ IT! Though it does have a case of Cerebus Syndrome.

(I just realized that this is the only sight where my username isn't Evilkritter. IRONY!)

Ganurath
2008-09-04, 10:07 PM
A case of Cerebus Syndrome? It has it in the hyperevolved variety. I especially like the arc where they go over ways to make comics popular, rebuking each one... And as time goes on all those things are fulfilled. Jyrras becomes the token gay, the kangaroo lawyers gets pregnant, new hip Abel is introduced, and overly cute Nutmeg shortly afterward! Did I miss anything?

In all seriousness, it's a good comic. My only genuine complaint is that the substory was about Emo Incubus rather than Demon Deer. Granted, Abel actually has an excuse to be emo, but still...

Edit @V: http://www.missmab.com/

averagejoe
2008-09-04, 11:04 PM
Link? Typing all those letters into google is hard work. :smallwink:

Also, don't mean to be nit-picky, but it's site, not sight. I wouldn't normally bring it up, but I had a lot of trouble figuring out what you meant by that first sentence.

Ghill
2008-09-05, 08:44 AM
You are right! I didn't catch that! I guess I'll just blame it on surgery and call it a day.

@Ganurath: Did you read all of the comic before or did you marathon just then?

Ganurath
2008-09-05, 01:59 PM
You are right! I didn't catch that! I guess I'll just blame it on surgery and call it a day.

@Ganurath: Did you read all of the comic before or did you marathon just then?I've been a forum member for several weeks now. Amber Williams fears my avatar.

JKR
2008-09-05, 02:06 PM
What is Cerebus Syndrome? :smallconfused:

Ganurath
2008-09-05, 02:12 PM
What is Cerebus Syndrome? :smallconfused:The shift from carefree and humorous to serious with an in-depth plot.

Also, fun maths from the DMFA forums regarding Abel's story:

{table]Abel's Age during Abel's Story|24
Number of Years Aniz was Banished|+375
Abel's age at Present|=399[/table]

Malek
2008-09-05, 02:31 PM
Ahhh, DMFA... one of the first webcomics I started to read regurally (sp?). Which reminds me - time to fire up that webcomic downloader to get new strips of stuff I read :P

averagejoe
2008-09-05, 08:07 PM
What is Cerebus Syndrome? :smallconfused:

Cerebus Syndrome. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CerebusSyndrome)

Holammer
2008-09-19, 02:48 PM
Friend of mine reads it quite religiously but I haven't gotten around to dig thought the archive myself. We just talked about it yesterday when he mentioned some sort of voting that is in place at the moment to decide a story arc (?). He disagreed with the practice.

Personally... How I wish I had such an exploitable fanbase! :smallsmile:

Ganurath
2008-09-19, 05:10 PM
Friend of mine reads it quite religiously but I haven't gotten around to dig thought the archive myself. We just talked about it yesterday when he mentioned some sort of voting that is in place at the moment to decide a story arc (?). He disagreed with the practice.

Personally... How I wish I had such an exploitable fanbase! :smallsmile:The voting is to decide on the new site background, either a cute theme or an evil theme. A previous donation competition was over who would be the subject of the backstory subplot, though: Emo Incubus or Demonic Stalker with a Crush.

Holammer
2008-09-19, 05:30 PM
The voting is to decide on the new site background, either a cute theme or an evil theme. A previous donation competition was over who would be the subject of the backstory subplot, though: Emo Incubus or Demonic Stalker with a Crush.

Right, thanks for the clarification Ganurath.
Still 2.2K $ thus far in this donation competition. Makes it even more crazy if it's only the site theme that's being voted on :smallamused:

Ganurath
2008-09-19, 05:31 PM
Right, thanks for the clarification Ganurath.
Still 2.2K $ thus far in this donation competition. Makes it even more crazy if it's only the site theme that's being voted on :smallamused:Never underestimate the power of the furry community, let alone a webcomic that's dabbled in canon shonen-ai.