PDA

View Full Version : RPG System for 40k Orks?

evisiron
2008-09-04, 08:35 PM
Hey.

A friend showed me Dark Heresy, but 'oh noes', it is only humans. Does anyone know a system that would work well to represent the Orks from Warhammer 40,000?

BRC
2008-09-04, 08:38 PM
The system is simple.

First you make a Dakka Check, success means that you have enuf dakka, it is impossible to succeed on this check.

Then you make a Choppa check, once again, you cannot succeed, only have lesser levels of failure.

Then, you roll to hit and deal damage ect ect.

Afterwards, you make a WAAAUUUGGHHHHHH check.

Pronounceable
2008-09-04, 11:34 PM
Failing either check causes you to go on a murderous rampage, unless there's a bigger ork nearby in which case he's da boss an' you'z gonna do as 'e sez...

XAnansiX
2008-09-05, 03:33 PM
40k Orkz don't really lend themselves to role playing..but if you really wanted i'd go with something like Riddle of Steel i guess.

BRC
2008-09-05, 04:05 PM
Failing either check causes you to go on a murderous rampage, unless there's a bigger ork nearby in which case he's da boss an' you'z gonna do as 'e sez...

Actually, it's more like this.

Dakka Check
Fail: You need more Dakka.
Succeed: This is impossible, you can NEVER 'ave enuf dakka.

Choppa Check
Fail: You need more Choppa
Succeed: Impossible.

Roll to hit.
Fail: Go on a murderous Rampage.
Succeed: Go on a murderous Rampage.

WAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH Check
Fail: Go look for sum more boyz, then try again.
Succeed: WAUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Jimp
2008-09-05, 04:38 PM
This may come in handy:
http://file040b.bebo.com/3/original/2008/07/16/12/2394834178a8334340296o.jpg

Pronounceable
2008-09-05, 05:40 PM
^^And there we have it: "The Complete Ork" A splatbook for Dark Heresy.

Jimp, you've just won a Kookee! It's made of eldar...

tyckspoon
2008-09-05, 05:41 PM
In all seriousness you should be able to adapt the Dark Heresy rules to handle Orks. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody has already done so and posted it; try looking around on Dark Heresy forums. If nothing else Orks are likely statted up as opponents in Dark Heresy's own books, which would help you sort out their baseline racial traits (I would expect a boost to Strength, very high base toughness, extra starting wounds, low shooting skill and low fellowship.) The hard part would be making up Ork-specific career paths.