PDA

View Full Version : Bad Horse?

MammonAzrael
2008-09-05, 02:55 PM
How would you create Bad Horse? (From Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (http://www.drhorrible.com/))

Obviously both a horse, and evil. (I'm thinking Lawful Evil). The two ideas that sprang to mind first are psionics and Ur-Priest.

Unless there's another way, I think we'll be looking at at least 5 racial HD for an awakened horse. Is there something is Savage Species or the like to work around this? Or would it be better to go gestalt with racial HD and LA on only one side?

And perhaps a vile version of Vow of Poverty? What do you think GitP?!

PS. Obviously Dr. Horrible would need some levels in Bard if we were to do him. :smallbiggrin:

bosssmiley
2008-09-05, 03:13 PM
Nightmare? It's the quintessential D&D bad horse after all; highly intelligent, malicious and eeeeevil.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-09-05, 03:14 PM
With an eeevil cadre of singing cowboys.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-05, 03:16 PM
Nightmare Paladin/Blackguard with a Cowboy mount, the Leadership feat, and something else for Cowboy 3. Any ideas?

Edge of Dreams
2008-09-05, 03:17 PM
Probably should go to homebrew for this, but hey....

Bad Horse, I think, would just be an awakened horse (or war-horse) with really high charisma and intelligence scores. I get the impression he rules the ELE with cunning, fear, and leadership as opposed to inherent power.

Dr. Horrible is an artificer/bard, clearly, although since everyone sings you might just give everyone one level of bard for flavor's sake. But, yeah, artificier, 'cause he uses and makes his own tech.

Captain Hammer's a fighter with Improved and Superior Unarmed Strike feats and every other feat he's got invested in Toughness and Greater Toughness.

Penny... penny would be an aristocrat, maybe? High charisma, regardless (although now I think that really goes for a lot of the cast anyway).

Moist is a level one sorcerer with only 10 charisma, who fills up his cantrip slots with Create Water.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-05, 03:28 PM
Captain Hammer is a Crusader with Int and Wis as dump stats and Imp Toughness. Penny is a Commoner with good Cha, low Wis, the Frail and Vulnerable flaws, and the Honest and Polite traits. Dr. Horrible is an Artificer with high Int and average Cha that abuses the Bard list for low-level spells and maxed Perform.

Shazzbaa
2008-09-05, 03:31 PM
It would be tough to build him, since we haven't seen much of him in action (or much of him at all). Other than the fact that the thoroughbred of sin rules the league with an iron hoof and is particularly fond of murders, we don't really know what he's capable of. :smalltongue:

chiasaur11
2008-09-05, 03:39 PM
It would be tough to build him, since we haven't seen much of him in action (or much of him at all). Other than the fact that the thoroughbred of sin rules the league with an iron hoof and is particularly fond of murders, we don't really know what he's capable of. :smalltongue:

He can do whatever he wants.

And we know he has a terrible death whinny.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-05, 03:44 PM
He can do whatever he wants.

And we know he has a terrible death whinny.Power Word:Kill? Death Knell?

Edge of Dreams
2008-09-05, 03:46 PM
Also, "He'll make you his mare"

Baleful Polymorph?

Shadowtraveler
2008-09-05, 05:25 PM
Also, "He'll make you his mare"

Baleful Polymorph?I don't think that's quite what they meant.:smallwink:

Maybe Dominate Person (Monster? Assuming there's more animal superheros/villians).

Agrippa
2008-09-05, 06:03 PM
Well Kain Darkwind of Dicefreaks stated up both Doctor Horrible and Captain Hammer once. See here (http://dicefreaks.forumz.cc/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=161&p=33849#p33849).

Glyde
2008-09-05, 06:04 PM
Nightmare? It's the quintessential D&D bad horse after all; highly intelligent, malicious and eeeeevil.

Doesn't the name Nightmare come from Night and Mare? Bad Horse most certainly is not a mare. In fact, he'll make YOU his mare if you screw up.

*ducks*

MammonAzrael
2008-09-05, 06:26 PM
OK, here's what I'm thinking:

First, go gestalt. I wouldn't normally, but since he's the leader of the Evil League of Evil he's clearly one of the most bad ass villains around, and thus has the potential to be gestalt powerful. The mechanical benefit is that it makes dealing with crappy animal HD much easier without adding extra levels to compensate.

Awakened Phrenic heavy Warhorse/? // Psion(Telepath) 5/Thrallherd 3

Since we have no way of know just how powerful he is, I'm going to say level 8, just so we don't have to deal with adding extra levels/templates to the horse side of the gestalt.

I'd go into more stats, but right now work party calls!